It's Working, Wisconsin - Did it Right
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 15, 2012
The latest ad promoting the It's Working Wisconsin website.
AFP Foundation-Wisconsin and the John K. MacIver Institute air "did it right" commercial
MADISON- Two of Wisconsin's most recognized supporters of smaller government and individual liberty are explaining how Wisconsin's budget reforms have significantly stabilized property tax rates and avoided massive public employee layoffs. Americans for Prosperity Foundation and the John K. MacIver Institute for Public Policy have teamed up to produce and distribute a multimedia educational effort that explains the need for and success of Wisconsin's recent budget reform. On Thursday they announced the launch of their latest television commercial "Did it right."
"By ending union bargaining abuses, taxpayers are now back in control, and those savings helped Wisconsin avoid massive tax hikes and layoffs other states have seen," said Luke Hilgemann, AFP Foundation-Wisconsin State Director. "Moreover, statewide property taxes have seen the smallest increase in 15 years."
The latest It's Working Wisconsin ad is part of a major multimedia educational effort that helps citizens separate the rhetoric from the reality on the budget reforms passed in Wisconsin last year. Most recently, over a thousand citizens have attended two It's Working Wisconsin town halls in Waukesha and Marathon Counties that provided an interactive forum for citizens to get the facts on how the budget reforms have transformed Wisconsin and put the state on a path of fiscal prosperity. Additional town halls are scheduled in the Fox and Chippewa Valleys.
"Most importantly, Wisconsinites from across the state including home owners, small business owners, and state employees are benefiting from last year's budget reforms," Hilgemann said. "While we're still facing economic challenges, it is clear, Wisconsin's reforms are working."
"The MacIver Institute continues to be committed to providing the facts to Wisconsin taxpayers," said MacIver President Brett Healy. "The facts are that every week there are more examples of how It's Working and we're making sure those facts get delivered over the air and online."
Facing a multi-billion dollar deficit in 2011, Wisconsin could have either raised taxes on individuals, families and job providers, or cut spending. As a result of Wisconsin's budget reform, the state has cut the deficit and reduced the strain on local governments by giving them the tools to reduce their labor costs without massive program cuts or layoffs.
The latest commercial, airing on statewide broadcast and cable television, promotes the ItsWorkingWisconsin website that details the positive results of local officials having the flexibility to reduce spending while protecting vital services.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation (AFP) is a nationwide organization of citizen-leaders committed to advancing every individual's right to economic freedom and opportunity. AFFP believes reducing the size and intrusiveness of government is the best way to promote individual productivity and prosperity for all Americans. AFPF educates and engages citizens to support restraining state and federal government growth and returning government to its constitutional limits. AFPF is more than 1.8 million activists strong, with activists in all 50 states. AFPF has 34 state chapters and affiliates. More than 90, 000 Americans in all 50 states have made a financial contribution to AFP or AFP Foundation. For more information, visit http://www.americansforprosperityfoun... Americans for Prosperity does not support or oppose candidates for public office.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:12 Wisconsin GOP Senator Glenn Grothman chased, trapped by hecklers, saved by Dem. Rep. Brett Hulseyby philgarlicFeatured 204,142
- 9:04 It's Workingby MacIverInstitute 15,227 views
- 1:03 It's Working: Within Meansby MacIverInstitute 11,945 views
- 4:32 It's Working Town Hallby The MacIver Institute 6,853 views
- 1:01 It's Working! The 60 second Commercialby MacIverInstitute 93,366 views
- 58:38 Lewis Black - In God We Rust (Full Version)by Lewis Black 215,856 views
- 5:43 Lewis Black | Drinking in Wisconsinby joybuzzer 715,807 views
- 14:24 Wisconsin "Budget Crisis" Engineered by Gov. Walker (Feb 17, 2011 - msnbc)by HenryBloggit 36,475 views
- 57:53 Lewis Black - Red, White and Screwedby xorgism 120,085 views
- 2:45 Black: U.S. was better run by drunksby CNN 35,822 views
- 1:55 Vietnamese Starbucks. Vietnam July 2012 www.KyleLe.netby Kyle Le 2,481 views
- 4:25 Lewis Black on Broadway talking about how America ISN'T #1by savingdestiny 2,303,273 views
- 3:07 Lewis Black reacts to Kirk Cameron remarksby CNN 253,009 views
- 10:55 Lewis Black - The Old Testamentby Doubt will set you free. 1,346,773 views
- 3:56 Creationism by Lewis Blackby 001Deadalus 577,625 views
- 1:26 rebeccaforreal: Wisconsin's Rebecca Kleefisch: "It's Working"by RebeccaforReal 2,650 views
- 3:24 O'Reilly Corners Juan Williams On Obama's Spendingby BreitbartNews 8,291 views
- 10:10 Lewis Black - Milk & Waterby wcusa 700,459 views
- 0:33 It's Working 30-second Commercialby MacIverInstitute 70,348 views
- 0:25 Udder Hypocrisyby Connie Mack 4,138 views
- Loading more suggestions...