The Goss Method - 10 Steps to a flawless face
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 22, 2009
Don't let acne and blackheads ruin your Christmas. Try this 7 day program for ultra clear skin guaranteed: http://vid.io/x2z
Don't let acne and blackheads ruin your Christmas. Try this 7 day program for ultra clear skin guaranteed: http://vid.io/x2a
I do this everytime. On everyone. It works everytime.
Prior to makeup application...
Spay skin with either a moisturising toner or fix plus. This might be the only moisturiser you need for oily skin, otherwise while the skin is still wet apply a primer or moisturiser, but not both. Remember, skin can be too dry, too matte, too oily, too shimmery, but never too hydrated. The middle ground is always the best place, which is why i use a toner or fix plus first, because everything goes on better.
On a sub-note, MAC Prep and Prime SPF50 is a great primer/moisturiser. It actually leaves a matte finish but you don't get a lot of product, so if you're gonna use this for you only source of sunscreen PLEASE make sure you use enough to get protection (even if your foundation contains SPF).
1. Foundation. Apply with your favourite method to the entire face. I tend to use a brush and then a damp sponge. I'm a fan of bobbi brown stick foundation (melted), MAC Stuido Tech (melted) and Eve Pearl HD foundatoin for very mature skin.
2. Concealer. Apply under the eyes. If apply regular concealer make sure it is the same shade as your foundation. If applying corrector, pink tones work best for fair to medium tones, and peach for medium to dark tones.
3. Powder. Apply with either a puff or brush. I like loose but tend to travel with pressed. MAC Skin Finish Natural is amazing.
4. Bronzer. I like to apply to the outside parts of the face. Don't go mad. I like Bobbi Brown correctors and Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer.
5. Blush. Apply to the cheek bones up high. If applying cream blush apply before powder and bronzer. I tend to use Bobbi Brown Blusher and i also like the pot rouges.
6. Eyes. Apply a light shade all over the entire eyelid, from lash line to brow bone. Apply a matte midtone colour close to your skintone to the crease of the eye. Apply your contour colour to the outside of your eye only. Blend. I also like to highlight the tear duct with a light shimmery colour. Siliver, beige, etc... for light skin and Golds for darker skin tones. Apply the midtone and contour colour to your lower lash line. I love bobbi brown, MAC and Nars Eyeshaows most of all.
7. Eyeliner. I like to apply to the upper water line first, which makes the lashes look really thick and dark. Then I like to line the outer third of the upper eyelid with a black eyeshadow. This lifts the eyes. I use MAC gel eyeliner and bobbi brown gel eyeliners and often times a eye pencil as well for the upper waterlines when i don't want to use a gel eyeliner.
8. Mascara. Apply as normal. I like Givenchy "phenomen" mascara.
9. Lip liner. With a liner close to your own skin tone apply to your entire lip and fill in. This gives your lipstick something to adhere to. MAC and bobbi brown do my favourites. Whirl and Spice are great lipcolours.
Ladies of colour: If you have two toned lips, you have a few choices.
1. Pick the colour in the lip you want to play up and use that all over the lip.
2. Erase the lip colour with foundation or a lip primer then pick the colour you love best.
NOTE: When starting out in makeup there is a tendency to go for "bright" colours and this is a mistake as most of the time you will probably be using neutrals. They may not look at pretty in a palette but they look amazing on lips. I made this mistake early on buying loads of pinks, purples, reds, etc... rarely used them!
10. Lipstick/gloss. I like to puck a shade either one shade lighter or darker to the entire lip with a lip brush. Next apply a small amount of gloss to the bottom middle of the lip. Don't over use gloss. It's not pretty! I tend to stick to my MAC and bobbi brown palettes as i like neutral lip colours mostly. bobbi brown in beige is a wonderful colour for lighter lips and brownie and brown are also amazing.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:04 Wet your sponge, Woman!by gossmakeupartist Featured 133,480
- 9:12 HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD!!!!! Easy tips to stay looking youngby gossmakeupartist641,013 views
- 3:59 DO NOT APPLY BLUSHER TO THE APPLES OF THE CHEEKS!!!!by gossmakeupartist1,179,327 views
- 9:33 MAKEUP FOR MATURE EYESby gossmakeupartist331,515 views
- 30:19 MY GIRLFRIEND DOES MY MAKEUP UNEDITEDby gossmakeupchat417,416 views
- 13:08 Dried-up Gel Liner? Revive it!by EnKoreMakeup157,918 views
- 4:03 THE NEW WAY TO APPLY MASCARA!!!!by gossmakeupartist2,010,420 views
- 17:07 HOW TO GET A FLAWLESS FACE WHEN FACE IS FAR FROM FLAWLESSby juicytuesday309,788 views
- 8:27 THE BEST LIQUID FOUNDATIONS - EVER!!!!by gossmakeupartist1,724,565 views
- 6:31 HOW TO: APPLY EYELINER LIKE A PROby gossmakeupartist1,226,507 views
- 3:46 How To Get The Perfect Eyebrow - SIMPLE STEPSby gossmakeupartist767,929 views
- 3:31 TOP 5 BEST CONCEALERS IN THE WORLD!!!!by gossmakeupartist406,714 views
- 1:44 HOW TO: MAKE UNDER EYE BAGS DISAPPEAR IN SECONDS!!!!by gossmakeupartist1,257,525 views
- 7:02 HOW TO CONTOUR AND HIGHLIGHT YOUR FACE - ITS SIMPLEby gossmakeupartist484,191 views
- 3:14 WARNING!!!! PLEASE WATCH ME!!!!by gossmakeupartist595,536 views
- 7:52 HOW NOT TO TREAT A CLIENTby gossmakeupartist278,893 views
- 5:09 HOW TO: STOP OILY SKIN!!!!by gossmakeupartist433,060 views
- 7:36 5 DIFFERENT WAYS TO APPLY CONCEALER!!!!by gossmakeupartist874,652 views
- 4:53 HOW TO: HIGHLIGHT AND CONTOUR YOUR FACE!!!!by gossmakeupartist1,140,643 views
- 3:22 BAKING SODA MAGIC!!by TheGcbeautyChannel441,156 views
- Loading more suggestions...