People's Social Vision 2015.avi
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 30, 2010
Our Aim .... the way forward
The Union Ħaddiema Magħqudin (Malta Workers' Union), hereinafter referred to as the UĦM,
welcomes the 'Vision 2015' economic targets as laid down by Government of Malta in May of 2007.
The UĦM also endorses the strategic proposals for jobs and smart, sustainable and inclusive growth
as set out by 'Europe 2020' which was adopted by the EU in June of 2010. Regretfully, UĦM notes
that both the 'Vision 2015' and the 'Vision Europe 2020' focus primarily on the economic aspects
and lack the social dimension.
The UĦM is the second largest general union on the island and prides itself of its independence
from political parties. Backed by 44 years of sterling trade union experience, the union took on the
responsibility of pushing forward it's social agenda, one based on the sound principle that economic
growth should not be attained at the expense of workers' rights and the quality of life of society
at large. The UĦM's 2015 People's Social Vision aims to give a social dimension to Government's
'Vision 2015' and EU's Vision 'Europe 2020'. It must be stressed that the 2015 People's Social Vision
does not aim to counterbalance the Government's 'Vision 2015' but, on the contrary, to encourage,
enhance and ascertain meaningful social dialogue between the major stakeholders to ensure that
the social aspect will remain at the core and the very heart of all economic measures and decisions.
The UĦM launched this initiative via a press conference held in Valletta on the 12th of July 2010. This
was followed by an internal discussion through the creation of six specific focus groups, namely
education, health, the family, democratic institutions, electronic revolution, and better quality of
life. This document aims to widen this discussion through the input by other social partners and
other interested groups. The general public may also participate in this initiative by submitting
comments, proposals and peoples' aspirations on firstname.lastname@example.org or postal address at
"Dar Reggie Miller", St. Thomas Street, Floriana FRN 1123.
The UĦM plans to conduct such process of dialogue by the end of June 2011. The final document
will be submitted for discussion and deliberation of the Union's delegates as the main discussion
theme for UĦM's General Conference due to be held in October 2011. It is our strong commitment
that the UĦM's 2015 People's Social Vision will be also taken on board by the political parties as
part of the island's national agenda.
The UĦM will be the strong force behind this initiative to ascertain its implementation for a just
and a fair society for all.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:58 PAJERO BUTUAN BISHOP JUAN DE DIOS PUEBLOS WANTS PNOY TO RESIGN LINKED TO GMA. CBCP NEEDS ENEMA!by PINASISM62,150 views
- 2:29 uhm sajf 2by MrJbonello331 views
- 4:26 social media 2020by mastura adam213 views
- 13:13 Lobbying the EU in the context of Europe 2020by EUIRELAND363 views
- 9:53 Freedom: Why Government is Immoralby iowaquest4liberty404 views
- 3:04 Uhm sajf 2010.wmvby MrJbonello1,047 views
- 2:24 Susanne Milcher on social inclusionby videoblythe1,342 views
- 1:11 kuncert UHM 1 ta` Mejju 2011by MrJbonello145 views
- 3:15 How to Be More Social, Social Tips and How to Win Friendsby The Success University6,655 views
- 0:38 UĦM Sajf 2011by MrJbonello335 views
- 9:49 Pockie Ninja 2 Social | Clan battle - OAC vs Susanoo (12 june 2013)by Andrei Puscas19,454 views
- 7:40 Welcome to the 2020s (Future Timeline Events 2020-2029)by HayenMill743,366 views
- 3:58 Vision 2015by pensacolachamber101 views
- 14:06 Social wars mision 15 vikingosby Bradley chaverri10,535 views
- 4:50 Destiny Vision 2015 (Part 2).mp4by CrystalChurch212 views
- 4:02 dubai 2020by Ghofran Mohammad688,625 views
- 9:41 Eddie Izzard on europe and world war 2by Dark Angel192,539 views
- 7:13 Gujarat The Social Economic Super power Vision 2020by jaysantoshimaa2,687 views
- 5:38 how to be more socialby Vanae Tran305,471 views
- 10:46 Inclusive Educationby Sebastien Ranger1,314 views
- Loading more suggestions...