Israeli bulldozer driver murders American peace activist
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 15, 2006
An ISM volunteer holds up Rachel Corrie's US passport as another peace activist sits in shock, Al-Najjar Hospital, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Rachel was killed by an Israeli bulldozer driver while protesting the demolition of a Palestinian home. (Mohammad Al-Moghair)
On 16 March 2003 in Rafah, occupied Gaza, 23-year-old American peace activist Rachel Corrie from Olympia, Washington, was murdered by an Israeli bulldozer driver. Rachel was in Gaza opposing the bulldozing of a Palestinian home as a volunteer with the International Solidarity Movement.
Rachel and seven other ISM activists were in the Hi Es Salam area of Rafah, Gaza, trying to prevent the razing of Palestinian land and property. Present were two Israeli occupation army bulldozers and a tank. For a period of two hours, the activists played 'cat and mouse', attempting to prevent the illegal demolitions by physically blocking the passage of the two bulldozers.
An e-mailed report from the Palestine Monitor stated: Rachel Corrie (ISM Handout) "Rachel Corey [sic], 23 years old from the state of Washington, was killed while she was trying to prevent Israeli army bulldozers from destroying a Palestinian home. Other foreigners who were with her said the driver of the bulldozer was aware that Rachel was there, and continued to destroy the house. Initially he dropped sand and other heavy debris on her, then the bulldozer pushed her to the ground where it proceeded to drive over her, fracturing both of her arms, legs and skull. She was transferred to hospital, where she later died. Another foreigner was also injured in the attack and has been hospitalized - at this stage his nationality is unknown." (15 March 2003)
A press release from the International Solidarity Movement stated that: "Rachel had been staying in Palestinian homes threatened with illegal demolition, and today Rachel was standing with other non-violent international activists in front of a home scheduled for illegal demolition. According to witnesses, Rachel was run over twice by the Israeli military bulldozer in its process of demolishing the Palestinian home. Witnesses say that Rachel was clearly visible to the bulldozer driver, and was doing nothing to provoke an attack." (15 March 2003)
The photos below clearly show that Rachel was well marked, had a megaphone which removes any doubt that the activists' presence was somehow invisible to the driver, and she clearly posed no threat to the bulldozer driver.
Picture taken between 3:00-4:00PM, 16 March 2003, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Rachel Corrie (L) and Nick (R) oppose the potential destruction of this home (to the west of the Doctor's home where Rachel was killed). In the instance pictured, the bulldozer did not stop and Rachel was pinned between the scooped earth and the fence behind her. On this occasion, the driver stopped before seriously injuring her. Photo by Joseph Smith (ISM Handout).
Picture taken between 3:00-4:00PM on 16 March 2003, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. A clearly marked Rachel Corrie, holding a megaphone, confronts the driver of one of two Israeli bulldozers in the area that were attempting to demolish a Palestinian homes. She was confronting the bulldozer in order to disrupt its work, and prevent it from threatening any homes. Photo by Joseph Smith. (ISM Handout)
Picture taken at 4:45PM on 16 March 2003, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Other peace activists tend to Rachel after she was fatally injured by the driver of the Israeli bulldozer (in background). This photo was taken seconds after the bulldozer driver dragged his blade over her for the second time while reversingback over her body. He lifted the blade as seen in the photo only after he had dragged it back over Rachel's body. This image clearly shows that had he lifted his blade at any time he may have avoided killing her, as the bottom section of the bulldozer is raised off the ground. Photo by Richard Purssell. (ISM Handout)
Picture taken at 4:47PM on 16 March 2003, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Rachel Corrie lies on the ground fatally injured by the Israeli bulldozer driver. Rachel's fellow activists have dug her a little out of the sand and are trying to keep her neck straight due to spinal injury. Photo by Joseph Smith. (ISM Handout)
Rachel in Najjar hostpital, Rafah, Occupied Gaza. Rachel arrived in the emergency room at 5:05PM and doctors scrambled to save her. By 5:20PM, she was gone. Ha'aretz newspaper reported that Dr. Ali Musa, a doctor at Al-Najjar, stated that the cause of death was "skull and chest fractures". (Mohammad Al-Moghair)
A later report from ISM Media Coordinator Michael Shaik in Beit Sahour offered more details about the events:
Standard YouTube License
- 1:26:55 The Truth on Israel Palestine Conflictby shroudofturinnews113,117 views
- 32:16 December 5 2013 Is Israel preparing for a preemptive strike on Iran??? 1 of 2by u2bheavenbound16,185 views
- 1:08:31 An honest Israeli Jew tells the Real Truth about Israelby Muslims and the World384,315 views
- 46:45 Israel : La guerra de los Seis Días - Documental completo en español.by Sol Lewit87,265 views
- 1:20:54 Death in Gaza Documentary - israeli-palestinian conflict [Quantum Prophecies Upload]by DailyDoseofDeception67,540 views
- 1:19:56 Checkpoint - Israel Defence Forces Documentaryby SubscriptionFreeTV18,849 views
- 13:07 WW3 in ACTION: Massive Israeli AIRSTRIKES hit Damascus MILITARY research site. [SYRIA CONFLICT]by WYNKnews206,568 views
- 10:24 Steep slippery slope for a dozer and excavatorby duramarks525,097 views
- 3:49 Israel Defense Forces IDF 2013 || ISRAELI FORCES POWERby HD World114,525 views
- 45:17 Israeli Air Force - Dog Fights Of The Middle Eastby cafeturkie332,878 views
- 7:35 IDF Israeli Snipers | Full Movie NEW! - הצלפים של צה"ל | סרטון חדשby MrIlanKudlis329,171 views
- 6:08 ZIONISTS WON'T LET YOU SEE THIS ON YOUR TVby theevilofthezionists1,319,036 views
- 14:23 FUERZAS DE DEFENSA DE ISRAEL (documental) parte 1/2by jyj502220,935 views
- 6:49 *HOT* Israeli Girls With Uniform. Israeli Girls In The IDFby Zi0nHeart018363,665 views
- 1:28:00 Occupation 101 - the truth about the Israeli-Palestinian conflictby portalatat249,322 views
- 1:15:35 Movie : The Israel Defense Forcesby WeStandWithIsrael43,737 views
- 29:31 Burning Conscience: Israeli Soldiers Speak Outby AlternateFocus299,761 views
- 15:20 New Israeli Advanced Military Systems by RAFAEL - המערכות הצבאיות החדשותby MrIlanKudlis254,447 views
- 6:58 Saudis team up with Israel to plan strike against Iran - reportby RT66,668 views
- 5:10 IDF (Israel Defense Forces) army training (pre-conscription to Israeli military)by zig123ize276,950 views
- Loading more suggestions...