Money and Spirituality (Is it Right to Charge Money for Spiritual or Healing Services?)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 23, 2013
Ask Teal Website - http://www.askteal.com
This video does not mean to discourage philanthropy or generosity. It is designed to help people in the spiritual and healing field to align with receiving money for their trade. It is designed to discourage people in these fields from confusing philanthropy and generosity with self sacrifice.
The idea that spirituality and money can't co exist and that there is something ethically wrong with turning spirituality into a business is a sacred idea to many of us. We take it as so much of a truth; that we are unwilling to question it fully. In actuality, assigning value to your offering on a spiritual level is no different than assigning a value to an item that is totally unrelated to spirituality because the item is no less spiritual than your spiritual work is. Physical, material things are not separate from source energy. They are not separate from spirit. They are extensions of spirit. What does this mean? Money too is an extension of spirit; so it is a misunderstanding to say that money and spirituality is a contradiction.
Most of us who are dedicated to spirituality pour our own mind, heart soul, money and time into spiritual practice. We dedicate our lives to it in the same way that any other professional pours their existence into their trade. And so the question to ask yourself is: Do you value your dedication and your skills? Do you think highly enough of yourself or what you have to offer (your expertise) that it is conceivable that what you know could benefit and therefore be valuable to someone else? Also, there is also a little known fact... if you offer things for free, people doubt the value of whatever it is that you are offering. Charging money for things actually psychologically causes people to value it and take it seriously.
The most important thing is that we must stay in alignment with out own sense of integrity. We cannot draw absolutes about what is or isn't right, what is or isn't in alignment because right and wrong are human concepts that do not exist from source's perspective. And, our alignment is always based on our perspectives and where we currently are vibrationally, and that is always different from person to person.
An important question to ask yourself is: Do you want to dedicate your life to spiritual practice and to providing others with the fruits of that dedication? Or do you want to work at a job that you do not feel passion for, just because you have been told and you have been telling yourself that it is more ethical? Is it really more ethical to make money doing something you don't actually want to do like working and MacDonald's than it is to involve money in your spiritual practice?
The bottom line is: You should be doing the job that you would be doing
a. If you never got paid a cent for it and
b. If you were so wealthy that you didn't need to get paid for it.
But there is nothing wrong with earning an income to support your day-to-day life and the lives of those who depend on you while doing that thing that you love the most.
Receiving money for what you love to do is just a bonus. A bonus, which in today's society is not just beneficial, it is necessary.
Kuan Yin's Mantra (c) 2002 Lisa Thiel - used by permission http://www.sacreddream.com
Standard YouTube License
- 23:25 If We Create Our Own Reality, How Do You Explain Suffering?by TheSpiritualCatalyst Featured 51,642
- 30:31 ENERGY HEALING 101 (Extrasensory Luminary Teal Scott Demonstrates How To Do Energy Work)by TheSpiritualCatalyst109,599 views
- 26:41 How to Manifest Money (Ask Teal Episode about Manifesting Money and Creating Wealth)by TheSpiritualCatalyst180,908 views
- 24:53 What is a Ghost? (Ask Teal Episode about Ghosts and Hauntings)by TheSpiritualCatalyst24,140 views
- 15:39 How to Raise Your Frequency (Ask Teal Episode on Increasing Your Vibration)by TheSpiritualCatalyst195,324 views
- 23:09 How to Activate and Open Your Third Eyeby TheSpiritualCatalyst204,391 views
- 36:16 How to Stop Worrying (Ask Teal Episode on Worry)by TheSpiritualCatalyst55,701 views
- 15:16 Why Don't We Remember Our Past Lives? (Ask Teal Episode about Past Lives)by TheSpiritualCatalyst73,847 views
- 35:36 10 Tips For a Successful Relationshipby TheSpiritualCatalyst65,187 views
- 13:18 Do Demons Exist? Angels and Demons (Part I of II) With Teal Scottby TheSpiritualCatalyst54,521 views
- 14:50 Is The New Age Movement an Illuminati Conspiracy? (Ask Teal Episode)by TheSpiritualCatalyst65,283 views
- 11:01 Self Love -The Great Shortcut to Enlightenmentby TheSpiritualCatalyst68,407 views
- 15:25 Do People Who Commit Suicide Go To Hell? Ask Teal Episode About Suicideby TheSpiritualCatalyst52,232 views
- 13:11 What is Alchemy? (The Philosophy and Practice of Liberating a Physical Substance's Fixed Properties)by TheSpiritualCatalyst31,291 views
- 1:46:39 A Candid Conversation with TEAL SCOTTby Stephanie Fleitas28,895 views
- 28:52 What Should I Do When I Am Sick? (Ask Teal Episode About Sickness)by TheSpiritualCatalyst36,680 views
- 18:52 What Is Shadow Work? And How Do I Do Shadow Work?by TheSpiritualCatalyst72,435 views
- 29:19 How to Overcome Addiction (Ask Teal Episode About Addiction)by TheSpiritualCatalyst34,254 views
- 19:32 How to Have an Out of Body Experience (Ask Teal Episode on Astral Travel)by TheSpiritualCatalyst100,828 views
- 13:24 Happiness is The Purpose of Your Life! Want to Know Why? (Ask Teal Episode about Joy and Happiness)by TheSpiritualCatalyst33,538 views
- Loading more suggestions...