This video is unavailable.
Cassandra NYC 2011: Matt Dennis - Data Modeling Workshop
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 29, 2011
Matt Dennis - Data Modeling Workshop
Matt has been with DataStax since the beginning and currently focuses on high level architecture, design, data models, deployment and algorithms for some of the largest, highest volume and most fault tolerant distributed systems in the world. Prior to DataStax, Matt held various technical leadership and principal development roles at Crossroads Systems and Troux Technologies and even spent time as a System Administrator in a former life. Matt studied Computer Science and Software Engineering at the University of Texas at Austin in the College of Natural Sciences and the College of Engineering respectively.
DataStax, the commercial leader in Apache Cassandra™, along with the NYC Cassandra User Group, NoSQL NYC, and Big Data NYC joined together to present the first Cassandra New York City conference on December 6, 2011.
DataStax offers products and services based on the popular open-source database, Apache Cassandra™ that solve today's most challenging big data problems. DataStax Enterprise (DSE) combines the performance of Cassandra with analytics powered by Apache Hadoop™, creating a smartly integrated, data-centric platform. With DSE, real-time and analytic workloads never conflict, giving you maximum performance with the added benefit of only managing a single database. The company has over 100 customers, including leaders such as Netflix, Cisco, Rackspace and Constant Contact, and spanning verticals including web, financial services, telecommunications, logistics and government. DataStax is backed by industry leading investors, including Lightspeed Venture Partners and Crosslink Capital and is based in San Mateo, CA.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:05:29 Apache Cassandra: NoSQL in the Enterprise Todayby OracleLearning 1,732 views
- 53:36 Cassandra NYC 2011: Nate McCall - Java and Big Data with Apache Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 1,983 views
- 34:00 Cassandra NYC 2011: Martin Stone - Deep Visibility into Apache Cassandra with AppDynamicsby DataStaxMedia 622 views
- 59:17 Cassandra NYC 2011: Nathan Marz - The Storm and Cassandra Realtime Computation Stackby DataStaxMedia 5,031 views
- 2:00:23 SOMETHING FROM NOTHING ? [OFFICIAL] Richard Dawkins & Lawrence Krauss [HD] 02-04-12by ShirleyFilms 710,025 views
- 50:20 Cassandra NYC 2011: Eric Evans - CQL: SQL for Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 1,144 views
- 1:02:00 Realtime Analytics for Big Data: A Facebook Case Studyby MarakanaTechTV 14,042 views
- 45:32 Cassandra NYC 2011: Joe Stein - Cassandra as the Central Nervous System of Distributed Systemsby DataStaxMedia 1,151 views
- 43:09 Google I/O 2012 - SQL vs NoSQL: Battle of the Backendsby GoogleDevelopers 118,651 views
- 1:18:33 Developing Applications with Apache Cassandraby clroger 318 views
- 5:40 Apache Cassandra Insert Column Example by Abel Perezby Abel Perez 3,060 views
- 31:19 What is Hadoop? Other big data terms like MapReduce? Cloudera's CEO talks us through big data trendsby Robert Scoble 130,375 views
- 33:36 Hadoop Tutorial: Intro to HDFSby MarakanaTechTV 68,373 views
- 7:26 Cassandra Essentials Tutorials - DataStax OpsCenter Overviewby DataStaxMedia 3,606 views
- 58:33 A Tour of the NoSQL Worldby villanovauniversity 11,536 views
- 1:10:24 Scaling the Web: Databases & NoSQLby schneems 15,300 views
- 25:55 C* 2012: Cassandra - A Real Time Big Data Application (Manish Sood, Reltio)by DataStaxMedia 1,016 views
- 51:25 Cassandra NYC 2011: Jonathan Ellis - Whats New In Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 620 views
- 8:00 DataStax Cassandra Tutorials - Understanding data consistency in Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 5,041 views
- 6:50 DataStax Cassandra Tutorials - Managing Objects & Data In Cassandraby DataStaxMedia 5,595 views
- Loading more suggestions...