How To Clean a Toaster
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 19, 2009
Watch more Kitchen & Bathroom Cleaning videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/348-Kit...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://howc.st/uLaHRS
The secret to good toast is keeping your toaster clean, and it only takes a few minutes of your time.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://howc.st/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Health Channel - http://howc.st/HOE3aY
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://howc.st/tYKKrk
Howcast Tech Channel - http://howc.st/rx9FwR
Howcast Food Channel - http://howc.st/umBoJX
Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - http://howc.st/vmB86i
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://howc.st/vKjUjm
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://howc.st/vbbNt3
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Bring toaster to sink
Unplug the toaster and set it near a sink to minimize clean up.
Never immerse your toaster -- or any electrical appliance -- in water.
Step 2: Brush off crumbs
Insert the brush into the toaster slots to gently brush the crumbs off the metal parts inside, moving from top to bottom.
Step 3: Empty crumb tray
Lift the toaster, remove the crumb tray underneath, and dump the crumbs into your sink.
Step 4: Clean tray
Clean the tray with the sponge and mild soap or dishwashing solution. Rinse and dry the tray before you put it back.
If the tray isn't dirty, just brush the crumbs off and insert it back into the toaster.
Step 5: Shake toaster
To get any remaining crumbs out, turn the toaster upside down over the sink and shake it a few times.
Step 6: Clean outside of toaster
Wipe the outside of your toaster clean with a little diluted vinegar on the cloth.
If any bits of plastic bags or containers have melted onto the toaster's exterior, apply a little nail polish remover and then wipe it off.
Step 7: Enjoy
Admire your toaster -- it looks like new!
Did You Know?
Before electric toasters were invented, people toasted their bread over an open fire, using a long-handled fork or metal frame.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:43 How To Do A French Braid For Medium Length Hairby MissJuliaBeautyFeatured 228,062
- 1:52 How To Survive Without Air-Conditioningby Howcast 664,714 views
- 1:43 How To Stop Cutting Yourselfby Howcast 85,482 views
- 2:33 How to Interpret Body Languageby Howcast 43,032 views
- 2:09 How to Feng Shui Your Workspaceby Howcast 71,911 views
- 2:27 Cleaning a Burnt Oven with Oil Liftby oillift 67,590 views
- 0:51 Baking Bread : How to Make Toast From Breadby cookingguide 27,846 views
- 1:35 How To Clean a Toaster Ovenby Howcast 9,708 views
- 2:02 How To Cope With Being Teasedby Howcast 73,287 views
- 1:57 How To Have Great Beach Hairby Howcast 69,561 views
- 1:35 How to Make Someone Jealousby Howcast 923,911 views
- 1:23 How To Play Minesweeperby Howcast 386,993 views
- 0:42 How to Chill A Coke In just a second!!by The Super Effect 22,509,222 views
- 2:28 How To Shop At IKEAby Howcast 24,820 views
- 3:13 How to Make a Summer Peach Cobblerby Howcast 16,838 views
- 1:25 How To Clean Your Roomby Howcast 438,053 views
- 1:43 How To Heal a Broken Heartby Howcast 24,706 views
- 1:36 How to Turn an Old Book into a Secret Hiding Placeby Howcast 575,703 views
- 4:34 KA-SST032 Singer Sandwich Toaster Trainingby WebmasterSingerSL 14,796 views
- 1:08 How To Blow the Biggest, Best Bubble-Gum Bubbleby Howcast 334,060 views
- Loading more suggestions...