Financial War in Iran, Riots in Greece and Jobless Conspiracies in the US!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 9, 2012
check us out on Facebook
Follow us @
Welcome to Capital Account. The IMF lowered growth forecasts and warned of a world-wide recession in its World Economic Outlook report. This was the IMF's bleakest assessment of global growth prospects since the 2009 recession, according to the Wall Street Journal. Is the IMF late to the party? It upgraded growth prospects for only one major nation from its previous forecast: the US! Did the IMF take into account that the US is in a QE induced coma? We talk to Mike Shedlock about the meaning behind the IMF's report.
Also, the US jobs numbers released by the BLS last week are still making headlines. The downturn in the unemployment rate during the election season prompted some high profile people, such as former GE CEO Jack Welch, to suggest that President Obama's team manipulated the data. Our guest, Mike Shedlock, Investment Advisor for Sitka Pacific Capital, is here to dispel the conspiracy theories around the drop in unemployment.
In 2003 Austan Goolsbee, who later became an Obama aide, argued that in previous economic downturns "the unemployment rate has been low only because government programs, especially Social Security disability, have effectively been buying people off the unemployment rolls and reclassifying them as not in the labor force.'' He cites the loosening of the standards to qualify for disability payments in the 1980s and 1990s as a reason for the increase of those in the disability system, a form of 'invisible unemployment.' The trend of rising disability insurance has continued in this recent economic downturn. We talk to Mike Shedlock, author of the popular blog Mish's Global Economic Analysis, about factors that cloud and complicate the unemployment picture.
Plus, Angela Merkel is in Athens offering words of support for her Greek counterpart. Talk is cheap, far more expensive are the conditions for more bailouts and debt write-downs! Words of support don't pay the bills or reignite a stalled economy. Lauren and Demetri look at how the mainstream media has misrepresented the problems in Greece. Also, Iran faces hyperinflation...or does it? Lauren and Demetri discuss the economic impact of sanctions and price controls in today's "Loose Change."
- 28:03 Nigel Farage on the Rise of UKIP, the Fall of Europe, and the Parallels for the USby CapitalAccountFeatured 122,664
- 27:50 Joe Biden's Pre-Debate Gaffe meets Jon Corzine's Orange Jumpsuit w/James Koutoulas!by CapitalAccount 8,589 views
- 28:06 John Mauldin and Jim Rickards discuss the Looming Debt Crisis and the Fiscal Abyss!by CapitalAccount 25,026 views
- 27:33 The Precious Metal Barter Tax and IRS Mission Creep!by CapitalAccount 22,934 views
- 46:22 Overdose: The Next Financial Crisisby journeymanpictures 1,237,235 views
- 47:54 The Cafe - Greece: The end of the European dream?by AlJazeeraEnglish 26,282 views
- 7:49 Nigel Farage on Obama and scenes from Athens riotby Jason Carter 13,605 views
- 7:30 Texas schools punish students who refuse to be tracked with microchipsby RTAmerica 26,837 views
- 10:42 Amber Lyon reveals CNN lies and war propagandaby RT America 218,864 views
- 45:42 Iran, Nuclear Weapons, Imperialism and Inflationby Stefan Molyneux 9,557 views
- 19:41 Hyperinflation in 1 Year...NEW John Williams Interview Oct 2012by visionvictory 36,171 views
- 12:45 GERALD CELENTE - Apocalypse Now. The System is Falling Apart (World Economy, Iran, China, USD)by 829speedy 37,677 views
- 12:31 Elements in Iran and US that Want Warby TheRealNews 18,691 views
- 22:17 MITT ROMNEY To Put IRAN "ON NOTICE". Seeks "CHANGE Of COURSE" For MIDDLE EASTby Tsiyonut times 1,114 views
- 28:01 Gerald Celente on the Presidential Reality Show and Lessons from the JFK Assassinationby CapitalAccount 19,152 views
- 28:04 David Stockman on Federal Reserve Arrogance and Monetary Mission Creep!by CapitalAccount 26,675 views
- 24:54 Inside Story - Iran's Rial: Bad policy or Western sanctions?by AlJazeeraEnglish 6,796 views
- 28:04 Depression-Proof Banking and Monetary Mayhem in Myanmar w/Chris Mayer!by CapitalAccount 15,902 views
- 3:09 "Llega la Tercera Guerra Mundial": Irán amenaza a Israel con un ataque preventivoby ActualidadRT 120,560 views
- 28:02 Chris Martenson on what Job Numbers, the Fed, and a Drop in Oil Prices are Hiding!by CapitalAccount 13,660 views
- Loading more suggestions...