Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialist Dr. Rink on Ohio State's Expert Patient Care
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 18, 2012
National-Caliber Specialists -- Dr. Britton Rink discusses how Ohio State's obstetric specialists are performing the groundbreaking research and the latest treatments, in addition to educating physicians across the country about them.
Learn more: http://go.osu.edu/highriskpregnancy
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's Maternal Fetal Medicine program has a rich tradition of excellence and leadership in patient care, research and the education of future leaders in the field. U.S.News & World Report consistently recognizes our expert physicians as being among "America's Top Doctors," and we have four out of the magazine's five "Ohio's Top Doctors" in perinatology.
Ohio State's Maternal Fetal Medicine team is the region's leading team of high-risk prenatal specialists. Our specialists are dedicated to working with you and your obstetrician to deliver the very best care possible and, of course, peace of mind. Our highly trained, multidisciplinary team provides access to the most advanced diagnostic procedures and treatments while providing the individualized approach to care that revolves around you and your baby.
Your care is managed by our nationally and internationally recognized team of specialists, many of whom have been designated as some of "America's Best Doctors." As a patient, you benefit from specialists who are also trained in teaching. Many are editors and authors of textbooks that are utilized daily in obstetric care throughout the United States.
Our specialized programs include one of the top five largest Diabetes in Pregnancy programs in the country, preterm birth prevention, genetic counseling, the only fetal treatment program in central Ohio and the only maternal fetal medicine specialist in central Ohio offering treatment for Twin-to-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS).
Thirty Years of Ohio State's Maternal Fetal Medicine
For more than 30 years, our specialists have advanced the nation's obstetrical care through innovations such as controlling gestational diabetes, identifying the only two clinically useful risk markers for premature birth (cervical length and fetal fibronectin), managing long-term needs of hypertension in pregnancy and advancing in-utero fetal surgery.
At the area's only comprehensive maternal fetal medicine program that is part of an academic medical center, our patients and their obstetricians have access to and are able to apply the latest research and the best practices, many of which were developed and refined right here at The Ohio State University Wexner Center. That means we can detect problems faster, intervene earlier, treat more effectively and manage care more efficiently, so you can expect the best.
In addition, when it comes to high-risk pregnancies and deliveries, we are prepared. We operate a large Level III nursery, and our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the highest level of care, means we're qualified to handle deliveries with special circumstances, such as the birth of multiple babies. We're staffed with many specialists in-house, including neonatologists, who specialize in newborn infant care. So even if you're having a normal pregnancy, if an unexpected need should arise, you can rest easier knowing we're prepared to handle it.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:28:44 NEJM Dialogues -- Maternal and Fetal Medicineby NEJMvideo1,142 views
- 58:47 Michigan vs. Ohio State - The Rivalryby TheNCAAHistory186,737 views
- 2:09 Learn About Fetal Fibronectin Test.flvby kontrakurt kontrakurt873 views
- 49:25 How to choose your specialty . Dr .Khaled Emaraby msmmam871,012 views
- 18:13 Dr. Paula Melone, a Loyola Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist, with WJOL radioby Loyola University Health System152 views
- 1:14:13 Genetics of Autism, Prof. Matthew Stateby YaleUniversity5,301 views
- 14:29 Choosing a Specialty #1 of 4by Ben Brown2,243 views
- 12:13 TNHSP Comprehensive Emergency Obstetric & Newborn Care (CEmONC) Services.aviby tnhsproject1,096 views
- 11:04 Mark Williams Clinical Treatment on Depression & Anxiety [YSG]by YourSpiritualGuide1,142 views
- 15:52 Fetal Medicine (Part 1)by UMMCVideos15,183 views
- 4:26 Perinatal genetic counsellorby Elizabeth Callaghan151 views
- 11:12 Counseling Down's syndromeby DevilasARM347 views
- 6:30 FIBRONECTINA FETALby HemoserMX692 views
- 1:11 New Sperm Gene Discovery Could Lead to Male BIRTH CONTROL [©IBTimesTV]by World2Awakens4137 views
- 5:53 Pre and Peri-Natal Psychology: An Introduction Part 1 by Thomas R. Verny MD, D.Psych, DHL, FRCPCby Thomas Verny5,663 views
- 2:41 Medical specialty aptitude testingby StudentDoctor Thompson1,358 views
- 7:25 Guide to the Specialtiesby lebq4,853 views
- 4:49 Choosing a Specialtyby covidienplc1,954 views
- 8:49 Preventing Pre-Term Labor (Week 24)by Marin8d2,957 views
- 4:15 Choosing a Specialty-Part 1by Dr. Kenneth Iserson448 views
- Loading more suggestions...