Hofmann's Potion - Albert Hofmann LSD Documentary
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 21, 2012
By the mid-1950s, LSD-research was being published in medical and academic journals all over the world. It showed potential benefits in the treatment of alcoholism, drug addiction, and other mental illnesses. This film explores those potential benefits, and the researchers who explored them.
Myron Stolaroff: In a good LSD experience you resolve your inner conflicts, and the loads and the barriers that have developed. You begin to reach down into the depth of your own being. You see more and more levels of being. More and more levels of understanding. Often we like to blame our feelings on other people. And what they are doing to us. But if I feel that it's my feeling and I've produced it, then I'm the only one who can resolve it. And fortunately, these substances allow you see and recognize this. And resolve it.
Ram Dass: I wasn't born as Richard Albert. I was just born as a human being. And then I learned this whole business of who I am, and whether I'm good or bad, or achieving or not. All that's learned along the way. You see all those learned things separate. You become is a point of awareness. That's all that is left. I remember the first time this happened to me, as professor went, and middle class boy went, and pilot went, and all of my games were going off into the distance. I got this terrible panic, because, indeed, I was going to cease to exist. And I got the panic, which is the panic that precedes psychological death. Because indeed Richard Albert was dying.
Ralph Metzner: We all want to expand our consciousness, we alter our consciousness all the time. We cycle through waking and dreaming and sleeping. It's natural-- consciousness naturally varies. I mean, I took a consciousness expanding drug this morning: I had a cup of coffee. That was a psychoactive, it got my brain going. Probably most people do that.
We interact with psychoactive substances and plants all the time. And the point is to do it in a conscious way, a discriminating way, a purposive way, to choose it.
Albert Hofmann: It is very important that one is *prepared* for the use of psychedelics. It is not just fun; it is a very serious experiment.
Duncan Blewett: There are still people who are violently opposed to psychedelics. Very few of them have ever tried psychedelics; and 99% of the opposition to them comes from people who are completely ignorant of their effects.
Timothy Leary: The effect is somewhat like looking through a microscope. Suddenly when you look through a microscope you discover that there is an invisible world around you that you hadn't known about. The same is true about the psychedelic drug. You are aware of processes that going on inside your own brain. You are aware of the exchange of energy going on between your sense organs and the ones around them that you weren't aware of before.
Standard YouTube License
- 44:54 Drugs Inc -Ecstasyby Documentary HeavenFeatured 622,514
- 1:44:14 The Best Marijuana Documentary (Canadian)by Awakening Debates 598,344 views
- 35:44 Worlds Scariest Drug (Documentary Exclusive)by deelerons kanal 66,908 views
- 28:55 LSD Operation Julie LSD FULL FILMby SherlockrokandRadio P 1,833 views
- 1:23:46 Stepping Into The Fire (full ayahuasca documentary)by rybysferyczne 185,152 views
- 24:22 Tripping on Hallucinogenic Frogs (Part 1/3)by VICE 1,315,739 views
- 1:13:48 DMT The Spirit Molecule FULL DOCUMENTARYby DonnyHaze91's channel 30,762 views
- 40:06 A Conversation with Terence McKenna and Ram Dass (1992)by James Ballantyne 55,923 views
- 6 videos Play all lsdby Enteogenie
- 5:25 Bill Maher's AWESOME rant about LSD/Psilocybin .by ThePinkfloyd51's channel 82,325 views
- 46:19 Getting High - The History of LSD full videoby anonuserism 21,938 views
- 50:13 National Geographic : CIA Secret Experiments . . : : Documentary : : . .by Eric Duguay 902,250 views
- 2:04:33 DMT The Spirit Molecule - CoSM Premiereby Gnostic Media 293,713 views
- 2:05:31 Ram Dass ~ Here We All Are ~ (Be Here Now)by Saattya 71,595 views
- 44:39 National Geographic:-Street Racing Zero Toleranceby Simon Peter 300,107 views
- 21:07 The Rise of Psychedelic Truffles in Amsterdamby VICE 1,316,080 views
- 5:29 Dr. Timothy Leary interview-LSD (Merv Griffin Show 1966)by Merv GriffinShow 20,130 views
- 52:50 Timothy Leary - The Revolution Continues 1/2by Find the Others 1,670 views
- 10:01 Alexander Shulgin / My Thoughts / Psilocybin Mushroom, Its Time To Wake Up Humans!by Bryan Harmon 56,942 views
- 2:13:30 First Time Taking Ayahuasca in Peru on The Joe Rogan Experienceby IAMHOSSERHEMP420 233,247 views
- 2:12:03 (Official Movie) THRIVE: What On Earth Will It Take?by ThriveMovement 4,721,917 views
- Loading more suggestions...