Cadillac Records - Etta Sings 'Church Bells'
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 6, 2009
Release Date: December 05, 2008
Cast: Adrien Brody, Jeffrey Wright, Beyoncé Knowles, Gabrielle Union, Columbus Short, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Cedric the Entertainer
Director: Darnell Martin
Producers: Andrew Lack, Sofia Sondervan
Studio: Sony Pictures
CADILLAC RECORDS chronicles the rise of Chess Records and its recording artists. In this tale of sex, violence, race and rock and roll in Chicago of the 1950s and 60s, the film follows the exciting but turbulent lives of some of America's greatest musical legends.
The story of how the blues became popular and gave birth to rock and roll begins at a dingy bar on the rough South Side of Chicago in 1947, where an ambitious young Polish émigré, bar owner Leonard Chess (Academy Award-winner ADRIEN BRODY), hires a talented but undisciplined blues combo that includes quiet and thoughtful guitar prodigy Muddy Waters (JEFFREY WRIGHT) and impulsive and colorful harmonica player Little Walter (COLUMBUS SHORT). Fascinated by the sound of the music and eager to cash in on the burgeoning record business, Chess arranges a recording session for Waters. Waters' early recordings start moving up the R&B charts and receiving heavy play.
Chess treats his musicians like family - he buys them a Cadillac when they record their first hit record - although the line between business and personal sometimes causes conflict with his increasingly talented and successful stable of artists. After backing up Muddy on his early recordings, Little Walter becomes a star in his own right, but his quick temper and loud manner often run him afoul of friends and the law. He also finds that the only woman he can talk to is Muddy's girl, Geneva (GABRIELLE UNION), who struggles to remain loyal despite Muddy's poorly concealed affairs. Big Willie Dixon (CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER), a songwriter and bandleader, also is a key member of the Chess Records family, as is Howlin Wolf (EAMONN WALKER), an intense and proud blues singer who develops a musical rivalry with Muddy.
But it's not until 1955 when a Chess artist finally crosses over into the realm of mainstream (white) America - a skinny guy from St. Louis named Chuck Berry (MOS DEF), whose dynamic duck walk and catchy, country-tinged tunes mark the birth of rock-and-roll. When Berry is arrested and jailed at the height of his career, Chess finds another talented performer to cross over - singer Etta James (BEYONCÉ KNOWLES), an emotionally scarred young woman whose vulnerability tempts Chess' loyalty and concern in unexpected ways.
As rock-and-roll grows more popular, the Chess artists find themselves revered by a new generation of musicians, but they have also each earned and lost a small fortune on booze, women and the high life, and their addictions begin to take their toll. Even as tragedy befalls, their music and their spirit remain strong: as the sixties wind down and Leonard Chess gets out of the record business, the blues live on.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:10 Cadillac Records - Little Walter Singingby VISO TrailersFeatured 307,408
- 1:35 Cadillac Records - Howlin' Wolf Singsby VISO Trailers 683,390 views
- 1:19 Cadillac Records - Meet Willie Dixonby VISO Trailers 111,469 views
- 1:08 Cadillac Records - Chuck Berry Performsby VISO Trailers 187,071 views
- 2:48 Beyonce as Etta James in Cadillac Records - I'd Rather Go Blindby EcudLi1985 1,181,952 views
- 3:11 Beyonce- Id Rather Go Blind (Etta James cover)by Kay Wheeler 108,609 views
- 6 videos Play all cadillac records soundtrackby Babbleberry91
- 4:00 Muddy Waters - Mustang Sallyby pieptj 516,771 views
- 1:34 Cadillac Records - Meet Ettaby VISO Trailers 26,391 views
- 3:13 Cadillac Records - All I Could Do Is Cryby czechzapman 2,852,830 views
- 3:06 Beyonce - All i could do was cry (CHURCH BELLS)by nuella93's channel 561,625 views
- 2:33 Rachel Crow - "l'd Rather Go Blind" - X Factor USA (Survival Song) HQ - Elimination Nightby TechTechPhenom2 2,589,252 views
- 2:19 Beyoncé - All I Could Do Was Cryby katttoya 1,491,285 views
- 3:17 Etta James Hating Beyonceby TheYoungTurks 438,141 views
- 3:09 Etta James & Chuck Berry - Rock n' Roll Musicby Nesh Galdino 1,470,493 views
- 2:35 Little Walter My Babeby angelne007 671,933 views
- 4:47 Tune Into 'Cadillac Records'by CBS 21,762 views
- 2:49 Beyonce/Etta James -All I Could Do Was Cry(Church Bells)by Davia Walton 44,633 views
- 3:55 Beyonce- trust in meby DJChucky05 449,109 views
- 3:42 BEYONCE SINGS AT LAST LIVE 2 ETTA JAMES Broken Hearted Girl Halo Single Ladies Why Don't You Love Meby NeighborhoodBall 593,873 views
- 2:59 Beyonce Perform Etta James At Lastby BeyonceKnowlesO8 976,322 views
- Loading more suggestions...