26 -- Science vs. the Feelies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 7, 2013
0:00 Clips from my previous climate change videos
0:38 "The Great Global Warming Swindle"written and directed by Martin Durkin
0:50 "Proof that Global warming is a hoax" on YouTube
0:54 0:54 "Global Warming" on YouTube, done by "casiopeia project" --
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVASFc... (this video accepts that CO2's greenhouse effect is larger than its 0.039% presence in the atmosphere, but goes on to diminish its role on the basis that it constitutes only 4% of greenhouse gases).
1:03 Jay Lehr interviewed on "The Ice Age cometh" -- Lou Dobbs, CNN
1:07 Tim Ball, "The Great Global Warming Swindle"
1:10 John Coleman -- Global warming, the other side
1:14 Christopher Monckton, speech for Free Market Institute at St Paul Oct 2009
2:03 "On the influence of carbonic acid in the air upon the temperature of the ground" -- S Arrhenius, Philosophical Magazine 1896 (First calculation of energy absorbed and re-radiated by CO2)
2:04 "The artificial production of carbon dioxide and its influence on temperature" -- G. S. Callendar, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society 1938 (Shows wavelengths at which CO2 absorbs radiation)
2:17 "The Great Global Warming Swindle"written and directed by Martin Durkin
4:03 Christopher Monckton testimony at Congressional hearings on climate change
4:51 "Proof that Global warming is a hoax" on YouTube
6:10 Arrhenius and Callendar papers from 2:03
6:30 John Shimkus at Congressional hearings on climate change
7:22 Sen. James Inhofe
8:06 Dennis Kucinich
8:30 Chad Myers on Lou Dobbs, CNN
8:34 Jay Lehr interviewed on "The Ice Age cometh" -- Lou Dobbs, CNN
9:24 "Charlton Heston on Global Climate Change" -- on YouTube
9:56 Phanerozoic CO2 levels after Berner and Royer
10:15 Map is from "Cretaceous climate-ocean dynamics: future directions for IODP" -- Colorado, July 2002 Source for sea level 50m-70m higher than today: "The Phanerozoic Record of Global Sea-Level Change", Miller et al 2005.
11:16 "Debating whether global warming is a threat or just media hype" by Mark Putnam www.helium.com
11:41 "Creationist Seminar -- Beginnings #1" -- Eric Hovind
11:50 "Where did God come from?" -- Ken Ham
11:58 "The O'Reilly Factor" -- Bill O'Reilly interviews Richard Dawkins
12:55 "Michael Coren and Tim Ball - Straight Talk On Climate Change"
15:14 Penn and Teller's "Bullshit!"
Two other comments I anticipate I'll get:
1) "You didn't understand what [insert name here] meant."
Yes, that's entirely possible. In the absence of facts and figures, a feelie argument is usually vague and ambiguous, often hinting at some elusive point that's never explained. When I read a scientific paper, on the other hand, I understand exactly what it's saying. The hypothesis is laid out, the methodology explained, the observations and calculations clearly shown, and the conclusion spelled out. That's the difference.
2) "The idea that CO2 is a trace gas is not a 'feeling'. It can be shown that it has no effect on climate." My response: Yes, but the 'feeling' is that because CO2 is a trace gas then it follows that it has no effect on climate. If this is correct, please cite a study that has some facts and figures to support it, otherwise it remains just a 'feeling.' If you have a source with some other evidence that CO2 has no effect on climate, then I have probably covered it in a previous video.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:02:31 Faith is not a virtueby AronRa Featured 81,603
- 16:14 An Appeal to Creationists....by potholer5455,841 views
- 15:00 Winner of the 2012 coveted Golden Crocoduck!by potholer5491,132 views
- 5:54 Epic creationist fails of our time -- #1by potholer54292,446 views
- 1:42:26 Potholer54 vs Moncktonby Coughlan00013,653 views
- 19:53 How to confuse a creationist -- Homosexuality, Evolution and the Bibleby potholer54187,019 views
- 9:34 Potholer54: "Epic Creationist Fails of Our Time -- #2"by potholer553,694 views
- 16:03 27 -- The evidence for climate change WITHOUT computer models or the IPCCby potholer5462,669 views
- 15:03 Health, vaccinations and junk scienceby potholer5479,726 views
- 19:34 Conspiracy theories conspiracyby potholer5476,779 views
- 17:14 Potholer and Hovind Come Together (Not like that!)by potholer54117,653 views
- 10:27 How to confuse a creationist - 1by potholer54225,649 views
- 9:42 Potholer54: "Carbon dating doesn't work -- debunked"by potholer555,004 views
- 9:52 4 - Climate Change -- Gore vs. Durkinby potholer5485,048 views
- 9:34 Epic Creationist Fails of Our Time -- #2by potholer54212,249 views
- 13:11 25 - Climate Change -- The "800-year lag" unravelledby potholer5445,036 views
- 14:56 Monckton Bunkum Part 1 - Global cooling and melting iceby potholer54108,653 views
- 8:20 Dumbest question award ("The QQOQQ") 2012by potholer5488,873 views
- 7:54 Bill O'Reilly wins award for stupidityby potholer54151,467 views
- 54:12 Lawrence Krauss on Life, the Universe and Nothingby TVOBigIdeas81,367 views
- Loading more suggestions...