TEDxMaastricht - Daniel Kraft - "What's next in healthcare?"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 6, 2011
There's some amazing things coming down the healthcare pipeline and Daniel Kraft ( @daniel_kraft ) knows a "little" about all of them. We asked him to take us on a rollercoaster-journey through them.
Take for example regenerative medicine, which is starting to experience tremendous growth with the blossoming use of stem cells to help the body heal and replace damaged tissue. Or personalized medicine that allow for far more precise dosage and effectiveness for individuals, not masses. Kraft will touch upon some impressive developments that hint us to the future of medicine. Kraft teaches at Stanford University, is an expert on regenerative medicine, and a member of the faculty at Singularity University and is directing their upcoming FutureMed program.
What is TEDx?
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxMaastricht, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxMaastricht event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Please take a look at this video that explains what TEDx has become:
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 25 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. The annual TED Conference invites the world's leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes. Their talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Al Gore, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani,Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. The annual TED Conference takes place in Long Beach, California, with simulcast in Palm Springs; TEDGlobal is held each year in Oxford, UK. TED's media initiatives include TED.com, where new TEDTalks are posted daily, and the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as the ability for any TEDTalk to be translated by volunteers worldwide.
TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world are given the opportunity to put their wishes into action; TEDx, which offers individuals or groups a way to host local, self-organized events around the world, and the TEDFellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to become part of the TED community and, with its help, amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
Standard YouTube License
- 18:03 TEDxFiDiWomen - Lissa Rankin - The Shocking Truth About Your Healthby TEDxTalks 276,582 views
- 17:19 TEDxMaastricht - Fred Lee - "Patient Satisfaction or Patient Experience ?"by TEDxTalks 25,058 views
- 17:08 TEDxMaastricht - Simon Sinek - "First why and then trust"by TEDxTalks 204,893 views
- 16:57 TEDxMaastricht - Lawrence Sherman - "Turning medical education inside out and upside down"by TEDxTalks 7,985 views
- 16:29 Salmaan Sana "Compassion for Care"by TEDxTalks 8,504 views
- 8:38 TEDxMaastricht - Sophie van der Stap - "Girl with the nine wigs"by TEDxTalks 14,704 views
- 18:12 TEDxMaastricht - Coen van Veenendaal - "Just do it!"by TEDxTalks 3,556 views
- 15:33 TEDxMaastricht - Wouter Bos - "Is technology the answer to the rising costs of healthcare?"by TEDxTalks 4,630 views
- 16:39 Behind Health Care Reform: An Insider's View: Stan Hupfeld at TEDxOUby TEDxTalks 1,285 views
- 15:39 Daniel Kraft, M.D. at TEDxSF (7 Billion Well)by TEDxTalks 2,521 views
- 16:52 TEDxSwarthmore - Paul Starr - The American Struggle over Health Care Reformby TEDxTalks 1,645 views
- 19:15 TEDxPSU - Sam Richards - A Radical Experiment in Empathyby TEDxTalks 279,593 views
- 15:44 TEDxMidAtlantic 2011 - Jay Parkinson - Rethinking Healthcareby TEDxTalks 4,523 views
- 17:48 TEDxBigApple - Bryan Roberts - Innovation Revolutionizing Healthcareby TEDxTalks 2,258 views
- 11:49 TEDxMaastricht - Nicolette Mak - "Purpose, perception and power"by TEDxTalks 1,953 views
- 10:20 TEDxOverlake - Dr. H. Jack West - Self-Educated Patients and The Future of Cancer Careby TEDxTalks 3,757 views
- 15:23 TEDxRheinMain - Daniel Kraft - Everybody is Beautifulby TEDxTalks 1,638 views
- 20:06 TEDxUSC - Dr. David B Agus - Technology and the Future of Medicineby TEDxTalks 987 views
- 6:34 TEDx Maastricht: Emma Bruns "A pit 4 all"by TEDxTalks 1,245 views
- 2:51 TEDxBerkeley - Daniel Kraft - Exponential Technologies and The Future of Medicineby TEDxTalks 709 views