Commander: The Great War Intro Trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 25, 2012
Commander: The Great War is the third in a series of high level turn based strategy games. Developed by The Lordz Games Studio, it features a brand new engine and countless new features, while staying faithful to the original game's design philosophy. The game spans the First World War, allowing players to control the Central Powers or the Entente Alliance through the entire war.
At the heart of the conflict, when men fought for every inch of land, only visionary leaders could make the choices that would lead their troops to victory. The remarkable sequence of events that inexorably led to the 'Great War' and the names of these leaders are written in our history books and pictured in our movies.
Now a turn-based strategy game captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy.
The new engine runs faster and allows players to enjoy the epic hex based campaign map in full wide screen. Slitherine's revolutionary play by e-mail system will also bring a whole new level of excitement in Multiplayer battles.
• A huge hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east.
• 5 Grand Campaigns, each starting in a different year of the war, at the start of a historical offensive: 1914 The Great War, 1915 Ypres - Artois, 1916 The Battle of Verdun, 1917 The Nivelle Offensive and 1918 The Kaiserschlacht.
• Over 40 unique historical and "what-if" events triggered by conditions on the campaignmap.
• 18 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains, Cruisers, Submarines and Battleships, Fighters, Bombers and Airships. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, based on their historical performance in the various theatres throughout the war.
• Attach historical Commanders to your units. Each has their own specific strengths, so decide wisely which Commander is most suited to which front. Three types of Commanders are available: Generals for ground units, Admirals at sea and flying Aces to strengthen your air units.
• Invest in research and technology to improve your units. Aircraft evolve from fragile tools of aerial observation to deadly ground and air attack planes. Artillery barrages become ever more accurate and powerful. Or focus on Armour technology and unleash a dreadful new weapon on the battlefield: the Tank.
• Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training and fog of war.
• Multiplayer via Slitherine's revolutionary PBEM++ server system.
• Easy to learn, hard to master game play.
• An all new engine, supporting any display resolution from 1024×600 upwards and includes full wide screen support.
• Extreme moddability using the lua scripting language, allowing players to alter many aspects of gameplay including combat, research, unit stats, terrain effects and many more.
Standard YouTube License
- 39:00 Let's Play Commander - The Great War - Part 1by Games, Commentary and CommunityFeatured 6,228
- 51:37 The U-Boat War 1 / 3: Sea Wolvesby SuperiorHistory 8,271 views
- 47:19 Let's Play Scourge of War Gettysburg: Online Campaign Introductionby BWToombs 21,206 views
- 39:23 The Great War (BBC 1964) Episode 03of26 We Must Hack Our Way Throughby snapey82 12,727 views
- 10:01 World War I: Battle Of Verdun 2/4by mengutimur 263,683 views
- 8:17 World War I: Nivelle Offensive 4/4by mengutimur 11,888 views
- 2:52 Great War - Skyrimby Horace Delos Reyes 267,844 views
- 8:39 Commander-Europe At Warby 21Blitz 47,113 views
- 2:39 How to take over cities in Skyrimby WizzardALT 480,990 views
- 15:46 The Last Of Us - 15 Minuten Gameplay von der PAX Primeby GameStar - Die Spiele-Redaktion 180,581 views
- 2:56 Bill Maher and Irshad Manji If Muslim Men Could Get Laid More There Would Be No Suicide Bombersby intub8or 53,250 views
- 8:42 Origins of World War I (1 of 2)by Historyishappening 492,768 views
- 7:59 Europa Universalis IV: The Original Grand Strategy Gameby GameSpot Gameplay 58,574 views
- 2:11 Panzer Corps Trailer (HD)by MuffinGames 16,909 views
- 50:08 The First World War: Part 1: Race To Armsby TheRimDoctor 84,834 views
- 49:03 World War I in Color & HD Episode 1- Catastropheby sasijayaram 281,219 views
- 9:35 Prince_of_Macedon plays "Great War Nations: Spartans" #1by PrinceofMacedon 124,793 views
- 9:25 Men of War HD gameplayby TirexiHD 147,586 views
- 4:13 GEM Editor Tutorial - Scripting Multiple Air Attacksby Kage ToraUK 3,090 views
- 3:27 Legends of the Fall War Scene Battle of Ypresby ROBERTTHEMAGICBOX 33,766 views
- Loading more suggestions...