How to Deal with Morning Sickness
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 12, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more How to Have a Healthy Pregnancy videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/430-How...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
For some expectant moms, it might as well be called morning, noon, and night sickness. But there are ways to quell the queasiness.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Call your doctor if you have a fever, or your nausea and vomiting persists well beyond your 13th week, and check with them before taking any medications.
Step 1: Take prenatal vitamins
If you're trying to get pregnant, start popping prenatal vitamins now. Some studies indicate they can help prevent morning sickness if taken at the time of conception.
Step 2: Eat before rising
Set your alarm clock for a little earlier than usual so you don't have to jump out of bed. Nibble on crackers or dry cereal before you get up.
Step 3: Stay hydrated
Sip fluids throughout the day -- but not with meals. Have a beverage half an hour before and after you eat.
If drinking makes you queasy, try eating foods with a high water content -- like lettuce, melon, and citrus fruits.
Step 4: Eat mini-meals
Eat small meals throughout the day so you don't get too hungry -- or too full.
Step 5: Avoid cooking smells
If you can't stand the smell, get out of the kitchen! Let someone else do the cooking, or turn on the exhaust fan over the stove to draw out odors. Whoever's cooking, make sure to prepare bland foods that don't smell strong.
Step 6: Try anti-nausea remedies
Try remedies that have been found to relieve nausea: ginger root, ginger candy, lemons, lemonade, and peppermint tea. Just sniffing them can help. Salty chips also calm some stomachs.
If you're vomiting a lot, brush your teeth more often. You'll feel better with a fresh mouth, and you'll reduce the chances of tooth decay.
Step 7: Talk to your doctor
Talk to your doctor. They may suggest vitamin B6, a supplement that sometimes helps with nausea and vomiting.
Step 8: Try alternate cures
If all else fails, try an alternative route. Acupuncture and hypnotism help some women.
Did You Know?
Did you know? Some expectant fathers get morning sickness, too. It's a symptom of what's called "couvade syndrome," from a French word meaning "to hatch."
Standard YouTube License
- 4:30 WHAT I EAT (BATTLING MORNING SICKNESS!)by Anna Saccone Featured 58,062
- 3:24 How to Have a Puja at Homeby Howcast101,224 views
- 1:37 How to Speed Up Your Morning Beauty Routineby Howcast60,663 views
- 1:51 How to Take a Nap at Workby Howcast22,237 views
- 1:51 How to Fake Being Sickby Howcast1,349,794 views
- 15:00 Learn To Get Pregnant 5 Fertility Foods You Should Be Eatingby Lumalove Birth84,204 views
- 95 videos Play all Good puke scenesby SweetnNastyBoy
- 13:04 My 2 Week Wait Symptoms (2ww)by TheHotMomma41116,272 views
- 6:38 Healthy Pregnancy Dietby Parents Magazine970,952 views
- 4:15 Good Pregnancy Foodby Parents Magazine320,195 views
- 2:52 Home remedies for morning sickness during pregnancyby ABC15 Arizona14,871 views
- 7:16 My Favorite Morning Sickness Remedyby Kevin Shaw15,804 views
- 2:41 Pregnancy Tips - 1st Trimester Cooking & Nutritionby SureBabyDotCom209,486 views
- 1:09 Top 10 Foods To Avoid During Pregnancyby pregdiet188,307 views
- 17:31 Managing Morning Sickness (Week 8)by kandulive8,125 views
- 12:16 Pregnancy : First Trimester (Pregnancy Symptoms & First Doctor's Appointment) Part 1by TheCurrentFamily40,826 views
- 2:27 How To Get Rid of Morning Sicknessby mat byui8,873 views
- 3:23 Eating for a Healthy Pregnancyby Healthguru86,337 views
- 1:38 Safe Sleep for Expecting Moms (Pregnancy Health Guru)by Healthguru605,019 views
- 4:29 Symptoms of pregnancyby India.com Health154,101 views