National Day to Defend Indigenous Rights in Honduras 09/10/2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 11, 2013
The Rio Blanco Lenca community in Honduras is under attack. The Honduran government signed onto an illegal concession with DESA and SINOHYDRO, against the peoples will, to build a dam on indigenous land. The concession is a direct violation of UN ILO convention 169, that clearly states the indigenous people have the right to determine their own process of development. Since the road blockade April 1rst the community has been threatened, attacked by DESA personnel, one man has been murdered by the Honduran military, one man has been brutality injured by the military, three people are potentially facing criminal charges and prison time, and now, as this morning Sep 5th 3am, one man was kidnapped out of his home and threatened to be tortured in front of his family including six children. The man has not be released and no one has information on where he was taken.
There is a National Day of Action all throughout Latin America as well as the United States on Sep 9th or 10th to show the Honduran government that the international community will not stand for this abuse of humanity. Please come on Tues the 10th 11-1pm Honduran Consulate, 870 market st SF to show your support and stand against the behavior of the Honduras Government and the companies involved. Please spread the word, blast the blogspot and contact leilafli [at] yahoo.com if you would like to organize for this event.
Visit rioblancocommunity.blogspot.com for details and more information.
COPINH and the International community asks for the Honduran government to:
1. Drop all judicial charges against Berta Caceres, Tomas Gomez, Aureliano Molina, and others peaceably defending their land
2. Cancel the damming concession on the Rio Gualcarque, and stop Project Agua Zerca
3. Respect Convention 169 of the International Labor Organization requiring free, prior, and informed consent by indigenous peoples before development projects may proceed on their lands, and the Honduran constitution requiring protection of the lands and rights of indigenous communities and all ancestral territories.
4. Stop the violence against indigenous communities.
Edited by: G.D. Harris - Oakland, Ca
Standard YouTube License
- 35:13 Afro-Colombians' Struggle for Land with Francia Elena Marquez Minasby DrammehInstitute1,487 views
- 17:43 Traditional Knowledge Videoby CEMAonline184 views
- 12:22 Afrocolombianos en la Independencia de Colombia 1 (Parte I)by personeriamedellin2,418 views
- 5:44 What Is Food Sovereignty?by ienearth450 views
- 23:27 Fórum - Direito Indígenaby Tv Justica261 views
- 2:57 Ty Segall - Moonage Daydream ( Bowie cover)by lathanlalane2,394 views
- 8:51 Energy - Traditional Knowledge and Climate Scienceby UNUChannel1,631 views
- 17:50 The Rise of Global Governance - Part 1by LibertyInOurTime2,426 views
- 13 videos Play all Indigenous Peoplesby theRFUK
- 2:58 Xingu Pequiby pgmboxcultural1,893,995 views
- 18:42 The Rise of Global Governance - Part 3by LibertyInOurTime688 views
- 6:27 Repórter Brasil inicia série sobre direitos dos povos indígenas - Repórter Brasil (noite)by tvbrasil1,249 views
- 59:40 Divided Nations: Why global governance is failing and what we can do about itby 21school829 views
- 9:49 REDD+ - Traditional Knowledge and Climate Science seriesby UNUChannel2,199 views
- 1:39 Security guards fire shot at human rights observers today in Hondurasby Victoriaenelojo1,597 views
- 20:19 The Rise of Global Governance - Part 2by LibertyInOurTime884 views
- 5:28 Female Stereotypes in Disney Filmsby jonesyy21729,606 views
- 1:20:57 Colonialism & Indigenous Rights in Canada & Palestineby Paul S. Graham507 views
- 7:06 Land rights fightby ABC News (Australia)2,192 views
- 1:22:21 Anti-Colonialism and the Struggle for Indigenous Rightsby The University of Chicago1,341 views