Uploaded on May 3, 2009
Physics: Introduction to geometric optics for lenses and mirrors. Concave, convex, converging, diverging; real, virtual; upright, inverted, magnified, shrunk. Sign conventions for focal length, image distance, object distance, magnification. The lens/mirror equation; the magnification equation. Introduction to ray tracing.
This is a recording of a tutoring session, posted with the student's permission.
These videos are offered on a "pay-what-you-like" basis. You can pay for the use of the videos at my website:
For printable documents containing the "handout" and problems discussed in this video series, go to my website.
For a list of all the available video series, arranged in suggested viewing order, go to my website.
For a playlist containing all the videos in this series, click here:
(1) The lens/mirror equation. Focal length distance, object distance. Convex, concave, diverging, converging
(2) Image distance. Real, virtual
(3) Continued. Magnified, shrunk
(4) Continued. Upright, inverted
(5) Continued. Magnification equation
(6) Continued. The lens/mirror chart
(7) A problem
(8) Continued. Ray tracing
(10) Another problem
tags: educational college student MCAT exam instructional video education
Standard YouTube License