Female Condom as a Form of Birth Control - Planned Parenthood
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 4, 2010
The female condom is a form of birth control that helps prevent pregnancy and reduce the spread of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). How does a female condom work? Female condoms can be used for vaginal sex or anal sex. A female condom is a plastic pouch with flexible rings at each end that is inserted into the vagina or anus with the outside ring staying on the exterior of the vaginal or anal opening during sexual intercourse.
To learn more about female condoms, contact your local Planned Parenthood health center at http://www.plannedparenthood.org/heal... or our website at http://www.plannedparenthood.org/heal...
©2010 Planned Parenthood® Federation of America
"THE FEMALE CONDOM" - PLANNED PARENTHOOD
If you're concerned about preventing STDs but don't want to use an ordinary condom, you might want to try one of these. It's called a female condom and while it looks a little strange, it's great because it gives you control of preventing pregnancy and reducing the risk of sexually transmitted infections. The female condom is a plastic pouch with two rings, one at each end. The inner ring is squeezed and inserted into the vagina before sex and the outer ring stays outside the vagina and covers part of the vulva. After sex, just remove it and throw it away.
The female condom works by collecting semen when a man ejaculates --- you know, comes. This keeps sperm from entering the vagina. No sperm, no pregnancy. In fact, less than five (5) out of one hundred (100) women will get pregnant each year if they use a female condom correctly every time they have sex. That goes up to about twenty (20) out of one hundred (100) women if they don't always use it the right way. It can be used for vaginal sex or inserted into the anus to reduce the risk of STDs during anal sex. There are a lot of other benefits to using the female condom. There are no side effects, no prescriptions, and no trips to the doctor. Except for the latex condom, it can also be used with any other method of birth control.
If you'd like to learn more about female condoms, you should check out http://www.plannedparenthood.org/?utm.... There's tons of facts, tips and even information on how to insert the condom correctly.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Birth Control Videos
- 2:30 How to Put On A Condom - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health787,795 views
- 1:37 Withdrawal (Pull Out Method) as a Form of Birth Control - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health191,346 views
- 1:27 The Sponge as a Form of Birth Control - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health117,034 views
- 4:14 In-Clinic Abortion Procedure - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health443,603 views
- 1:26 Condoms: Birth Control and Protection Against STDs - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health402,507 views
- 4:46 The Abortion Pill - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health333,443 views
- 2:04 Different is Normal - Changing Bodies and Genitals - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health207,211 views
- 1:35 Plan B / Morning After Pill as a Form of Birth Control - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health105,739 views
- 2:52 Planned Parenthood: Cómo Usar Un Condónby Planned Parenthood Health76,923 views
- 4:34 Birth Control Girl - Pillamina Returns - Episode 2by Planned Parenthood Health7,334 views
- 2:28 Diferente es Normalby Planned Parenthood Health13,256 views
- 1:49 ¿Qué es un condón femenino?by Planned Parenthood Health20,860 views
- 1:20 How Does Vasectomy Prevent Pregnancy?by Planned Parenthood Health42,480 views
- 1:43 My Body, My Choice: An Intern Projectby Planned Parenthood Health8,193 views
- 1:17 How Does Tubal Sterilization Prevent Pregnancy?by Planned Parenthood Health26,834 views
- 2:53 Planned Parenthood: History of the Pill: Why Birth Control Mattersby Planned Parenthood Health9,818 views
- 1:08 Planned Parenthood & Pro-Choice Athletes on Tim Tebow Focus on the Family NFL Super Bowl Commercialsby Planned Parenthood Health288,664 views
- 1:38 Diaphragm and Cervical Caps as Forms of Birth Control - Planned Parenthoodby Planned Parenthood Health102,151 views