Euro 2012: Interpol's Security Command Center in Kyiv, Ukraine during Football Tournament
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 25, 2012
You might think that organizing a major international football tournament would be a bit of a headache. But looking around here on the streets of Kyiv, no fans to speak of, not seemingly any police either -- so what's going on? We went along to talk to Interpol to see what they had to say about taking care of visitors at Euro 2012.
Thousands of potentially unruly fans, or hopefully, well-behaved ones, dozens of police officers from different countries, but what does the EURO 2012 command center actually look like? Let's go take a look. It seems like a very relaxed atmosphere, although to be fair, it wasn't a match day. Even if things seem disquietingly relaxed here in the command center, the coordinated efforts of police forces from different countries looks like it's paying off -- so far there have been very few complaints related to EURO 2012 in Ukraine, and those that have occurred are mainly petty crimes, like stolen wallets or passports.
But despite occasional discrepancies, Ukraine is sure to miss the armies of yellow and blue Swedes and other travelling fans -- and as time ticks towards the final on the first of July, the pressure may feel like it's more on the pitch than on the terraces, but the police word is that problem fans tend not to visit big tournaments -- and over the next week or so, they'll be hoping their predictions of a safe celebration of football come true.
Patrick Evans, JN1, Kyiv.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:54 Euro 2012: Swedes Camp Out on Dnipro River Island: Kiev Welcomes Swedish Fans at Ukraine Gamesby JewishNewsOneFeatured 20,338
- 1:24 Euro 2012: Fans Happy at Kharkiv and Lviv Matches, Football Championship Goes Well in Ukraineby Jewish News One 794 views
- 1:07 Euro 2012: Swedes at Soccer Championship - Ukraine and Sweden's Blue & Yellow Colours Everywhereby JewishNewsOne 4,786 views
- 3:02 Euro 2012: Volunteer Army Assists Football Fans despite Negative Portrayal by Mediaby JewishNewsOne 451 views
- 4:30 Kiev - Ukrainian Girlsby ruvelruvel 44,258 views
- 1:59:14 Україна має талант 5 / Четвёртый Полуфинал (часть1) (11.05.2013)by Lifebox101 15,158 views
- 3:41 Euro 2012: Tourism Boom for Ukraine's Host Cities - Football Fans Boost Business in Kyivby JewishNewsOne 813 views
- 3:18 Euro 2012: England Fans Blast Sol Campbell's 'Coffins' Warning -- Football Fans Enjoy Kyivby JewishNewsOne 3,203 views
- 4:11 Kiev Ukraine Poverty / Ghetto (Троещина)by UkraineAlex1 61,288 views
- 3:02 Travelers Praise Tel Aviv for Beautiful People: Traveler's Digest Ranks Israelis in Top Tenby Jewish News One 13,454 views
- 2:46 Euro 2012: Ukrainian Feminists Preparing - Femen Ready for Football Championship in Ukraineby JewishNewsOne 16,345 views
- 2:20:05 Україна має талант 5 / Третий Полуфинал. Выпуск 9(04.05.2013)(16:9 video)by goloskrainydity12 28,264 views
- 3:26 An Italian in Kiev who thinks Balotelli is English and predictions for the big gameby talkSPORTmagazine 11,191 views
- 2:54 Куда пошли Деньги на Евро-2012 и хамство Добкина.by Я Против :: Войцеховский TV 373 views
- 10:46 ДМИТРИЙ МАСЮЧЕНКО Україна має талант-5 IV-й Прямий Ефiр [11.05.2013]by goldcheap32 23,973 views
- 2:37 Euro 2012: Tourists Visit Andriyivskiy Descent in Central Kyiv - Historic Area's Reconstructionby JewishNewsOne 365 views
- 6:13 Ukraine Kiev and Ukrainian Culture (SecureDating.com) (HQ Video Ukraine)by Russian Dating | Russian Girls | SecureDating.com 31,070 views
- 3:44 March 23 2013 in Kiev, Ukraineby GRIFTUKR 456 views
- 8:05 "The Lucy Show" Joan Crawford Guest Stars PART 1by HeyDeyFan 214,033 views
- 11:03 АЛЁНА и ПОЛИНА НИКОЛАЕНКО - Україна має талант-5 V-й Прямий Ефiр [18.05.2013]by ЮВЕЛИР: www.Gold-Cheap.dn.ua 6,720 views
- Loading more suggestions...