Jim Rogers Discusses African Economies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 26, 2013
The Hudson Union Society www.hudsonunionsociety.com is where today's leaders come to discuss tomorrow's ideas. If you live not to far from New York, please join us in person.
n 1973, Jim Rogers co-founded the The Quantum Fund. During the following 10 years, the portfolio gained 4200% while the S&P advanced about 47%. The Quantum Fund was one of the first truly international funds.
From 1990 to 1992, Rogers traveled around the world world on motorcycle, over 100,000 miles across six continents, which was picked up in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Between January 1, 1999 and January 5, 2002, Rogers did another Guinness World Record journey through 116 countries, covering 245,000 kilometers with his wife, Paige Parker, in a custom-made Mercedes. The trip began in Iceland, which was about to celebrate the 1000th anniversary of Leif Eriksson's first trip to America.
In December 2007, Rogers sold his mansion in New York City for about 16 million USD and moved to Singapore. Rogers claimed that he moved because now is a ground-breaking time for investment potential in Asian markets. Rogers's first daughter is now being tutored in Mandarin to prepare her for the future. He is quoted as saying: "If you were smart in 1807 you moved to London, if you were smart in 1907 you moved to New York City, and if you are smart in 2007 you move to Asia." In a CNBC interview with Maria Bartiromo broadcast on May 5, 2008, Rogers said that people in China are extremely motivated and driven, and he wants to be in that type of environment, so his daughters are motivated and driven.
In 2002, Rogers said that Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan's "reaction to the stock-market bubble has caused two more bubbles to grow: a real-estate bubble and a consumer-debt bubble." In 2006, Rogers said he was shorting US financials, home builders and Fannie Mae.
On November 4, 2010, speaking at Oxford University's Balliol College, Rogers urged students to scrap career plans for Wall Street or the City, London's financial district, and to study agriculture and mining instead. "The power is shifting again from the financial centers to the producers of real goods. The place to be is in commodities, raw materials, natural resources."
In May 2012 he remarked during an interview with Forbes Magazine that "there's going to be a huge shift in American society, American culture, in the places where one is going to get rich. The stock brokers are going to be driving taxis. The smart ones will learn to drive tractors so they can work for the smart farmers. The farmers are going to be driving Lamborghinis. I'm telling you. You should start Forbes Farming."
Standard YouTube License
- 2:27 Jim Rogers On What The US Economy Will Look Like In 5 Yearsby hudsonunionsociety3,380 views
- 4:32 Jim Rogers Recommends Giving Up Wall Street For Agriculture Careersby hudsonunionsociety2,380 views
- 3:28 Jim Rogers On Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernankeby hudsonunionsociety1,531 views
- 2:43 Jim Rogers Discusses Incorrect Wall Street Stories And Predictionsby hudsonunionsociety977 views
- 1:16:48 Peter Schiff - Market Crash 2014 | London Realby London Real20,798 views
- 34:50 Gold Rush: South America (Season 4) Episode 5: Garnets or Goldby MIDICollection52,776 views
- 23:31 Gerald Celente: Total Economic Collapse in Q1 2014by NextNewsNetwork80,087 views
- 1:25:35 Gold Rush: South America (Season 4) Episode 1: Queen Of Diamondsby MIDICollection82,395 views
- 10:38 Economic Collapse March 2014!! (Derivative Meltdown for the New World Order)by Michael turksma182,500 views
- 50:00 Gold Rush: South America (Season 4) Episode 2: Learning Curveby MIDICollection70,974 views
- 5:59 JIM ROGERS - All FIAT CURRENCY will be WORTHLESS in 2014. Dont SELL GOLD or SILVERby 829speedy71,766 views
- 41:22 Mike Maloney: $2,000 or $5,000 Gold is Absurdly Low - Gold Price Will Double the Dowby Greg Hunter53,726 views
- 28:02 Jim Rogers author of "Street Smarts" sits down w Glenn Beck on The Blaze TV re. American Economicsby GlennBeckBookList33,177 views
- 41:32 Gold Rush: South America (Season 4) Episode 3: In Too Deepby MIDICollection77,504 views
- 6:05 Economic Collapse Coming - Jim Rogers Economic Outlookby Economic Collapse 201313,457 views
- 3:46 China invests billions in Africa - Biz Wire - March 28, 2013 - BONTV Chinaby bontvchina1,277 views
- 6:11 Jim Rogers - Gold (Silver Price Etc) Will Keep Falling Into 2014 - 2015, Has NOT Hit Bottom!by Gold And Silver46,613 views
- 15:23 Jim Rogers on The Bottom Line - Predicting the Future (14Jul13)by gmshadowtraders18,075 views
- 4:10 Why is the price of gold falling 2013 why is the price of silver falling 2013by 80130brian39,166 views
- 15:49 Jim Rogers: Don't Give Up On The U.S.by forbes23,223 views
- Loading more suggestions...