This video is unavailable.
James Franco: Gay Town. Solo Exhibition at Peres Projects Berlin
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 10, 2013
Gay Town is American actor, filmmaker, writer and artist James Franco's second solo show in Berlin with the gallery Peres Projects. The exhibition that is presented in a temporary project space on the historic Karl-Marx-Allee 87 explores a variety of themes that are central to James Franco's artistic practice: adolescence, public and private persona, stereotypes, and celebrity. The artist created most of the works for the show over the past two years. He created many of the works in temporary locations such as hotel rooms whilst completing other projects, mainly motion pictures. In this video we attend the opening reception of the exhibition, and gallerist Javier Peres talks about how he and James Franco developed the idea for the exhibition and the basic concept of the show.
Peres Projects regards Gay Town as one of James Franco's most ambitious installations to date. For Gay Town, James Franco uses a mix of different media including painting, drawing, film, video, sculpture, and photography. The result is an exhibition that is very much autobiographical.
James Franco: Gay Town at Peres Projects Berlin, temporary projects space Karl-Marx-Allee 87. Opening, February 9th, 2013. Video by Frantisek Zachoval.
More info: http://vernissage.tv/blog/2013/02/10/...
More videos on contemporary art, design, architecture:
Become a Member:
Browse our Archive:
Find Artists, Designers, Architects:
VernissageTV on Google Currents:
Art TV pioneer Vernissage TV provides you with an authentic insight into the world of contemporary fine arts, design and architecture. With its two main series "No Comment" and "Interviews", art tv channel VernissageTV attends opening receptions of exhibitions worldwide, interviews artists, designers, architects. VTV provides art lovers with news, reports and features from the international art scene. VernissageTV: the window to the art world. Das Fenster zur Kunstwelt. La fenêtre sur le monde de l'art. A janela para o mundo da arte. La ventana al mundo del arte. نافذة على عالم الفن. 到艺术世界的窗口。Окно в мир искусства. Since 2005.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:01 James Franco gets dirty with KINKby sundancechannelFeatured 13,787
- 13:17 Yoko Ono. Half-A-Wind Show. Retrospective at Schirn Kunsthalleby VernissageTV 3,995 views
- 2:04 Rain Room by Random International at MoMA New Yorkby VernissageTV 4,537 views
- 5:08 Outsider Art Fair New York 2013by VernissageTV 1,763 views
- 4:32 Art Los Angeles Contemporary Art Fair 2013by VernissageTV 1,785 views
- 1:09 allen & neal (gay romantic scene)by isla mari 46,142 views
- 1:08 James Franco Covered in Gold (ICONOCLASTS - Episode 1, Season 6) (Clip 1)by sundancechannel 10,995 views
- 1:13 Stephen Colbert schools James Franco on Tolkien knowledge again! HDby nathanmcc2 311,321 views
- 1:38 James Franco Talks About the NYU Scandalby Dorri Olds 44,501 views
- 7:21 [HD] James Franco Interview On Ellen Show 11/05/2010by EdwinTV32 257,489 views
- 4:32 Sundance 2013: 'Interior.Leather Bar' interviewby Entertainment Weekly 4,389 views
- 3:57 Dave Franco - Warm Bodies Interview HDby TributeMovies 14,940 views
- 3:09 James Franco talks at Sundance about SM and his film Interior. Leather Bar.by zoominmovies 2,069 views
- 2:53 James Franco, Part 1 - The Tonight Show with Jay Lenoby tonightshownbc 35,707 views
- 2:15 James Franco Painting Time Lapseby Theg52art 25,819 views
- 5:46 James Franco & Kalup Linzy at LA Gay Pride 2010by dailyfreakshow 61,973 views
- 1:47 James Franco - Baby (Justin Bieber) Random Francoby James Franco 45,959 views
- 1:26 James Franco & Rachel Weisz in Japan 2013.2.19by MOVIEQUORRA 2,154 views
- 2:38 James Franco & Allison Higgins - Coffee and Crayonsby JamesFrancoItalia 3,172 views
- 5:15 Mila Kunis and James Franco Behind The Scenes, Oz: The Great and Powerfulby Matvey Mindirov 19,632 views
- Loading more suggestions...