Where to Go & What to Know about Social Media & the Web
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 13, 2013
Enough with Cats, Food and Celebrity News
Where to Go and What to Know about Social Media and the Web
This session will show social media users at any level how to leverage the latest new media tools to communicate with the world; research topics of interest; build relationships and be more efficient while doing so. Social tools can pave the way to smarter, more thoughtful interactions; valuable connections within professional and educational communities; and a better understanding of the world around you. Whether you use social media to boost your career, connect with audiences, or just remain informed, Jeff Cutler will show you some techniques and case studies to assist you in your online journey.
Specifically, you'll find out what tools give you the most return for your time investment. You'll see case studies of how companies have used, abused, failed and won using social media. And you'll learn - most importantly - whether diving into social media is a good move for you personally and professionally.
Ultimately, this training session will show you where to go and what to know about the Web and all things social. And as a bonus, Jeff will provide you with a 10-minute tip that keeps you from getting lost in the morass of the social media rabbit hole.
Oh, there will be some cat, food and celebrity slides used during this presentation.
Jeff Cutler is a freelance journalist, social media trainer and content specialist who speaks regularly on content marketing, the use of social tools for journalists and businesses, and the best ways to brand your product, service or self. While he curates and writes for more than a dozen blogs, Jeff has written for NPR, The NY Post, Technology Review, Mobile Magazine, Gatehouse Media and more.
Jeff is on the professional development committee of the Society of Professional Journalists and performs multiple training sessions for them each year. He's also spoken at BlogWorld Expo, SXSW, various PodCamps, dozens of journalism conferences and content events. Jeff has keynoted the Cable Communicators of America annual conference and regularly appears on radio and television programs to provide insight into social media tools.
The most comprehensive way to see Jeff's world is by going to http://jeffcutler.com and looking at his events calendar and writing. You can connect to Jeff via social media channels using the links at the top of his website.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:01 Social Media and Mobile Stats from India - Be Mobile & Go Social !!by Breath of Fresh Air9 views
- 3:13 3 Tips You Must Know About Social Mediaby cory harding31 views
- 4:41 Looking for social media jobs or social networking jobs? Go for Facebook or Twitter jobs!by greatwebinfo509 views
- 3:53 Social Media Marketing Agency Albuquerque | Maverick Web Marketingby maverickwebvideo17 views
- 6:33 Social Media in India GO WWWMavby Lead2Him201 views
- 3:14 The most high-paying in demand jobs: Social Media Managerby StevenWells51514,081 views
- 1:17:42 Dr. Edward B. Barbier at Northeastern Universityby NortheasternCOS1 view
- 1:25:41 I hate Valentine's dayby MOthman4771,265,328 views
- 1:40 Profit Hub Launches Social Media Module - Maximize Social Media Traffic With Profit Hubby profithubtv138 views
- 2:27 Where Do You Go When You Have a Question About Social Media by Laurie Hurleyby Laurie Hurley44 views
- 1:08 Go Viral with "Social Media Agency" and SEO Company Crest Media, Inc.by Crest Media Internet Marketing120 views
- 1:19:00 And Then There Was Mass: The Origin of Mass and the Discovery of the Higgs Bosonby NortheasternCOS35 views
- 46:36 You Can't Go Back Now: Social Media and Democracy in a Large Lecture Formatby psutlt974 views
- 12:19 #WelcomeToCOS - Fall 2013 Walking Tourby NortheasternCOS2 views
- 3:56 Twitter Inc (TWTR) IPO: Watch Social Media Giant Go Public At NYSEby IBTimesTV151 views
- 2:38 #WelcomeToCOS - Undergraduate Research Opportunitiesby NortheasternCOS1 view
- 1:22 Social Media for Business Peterborough | GoMoSoLo Go Socialby GoMoSoLoTV10 views
- 4:46 Did You Know: Social Media Videoby omgzam25,538 views
- 0:46 #WelcomeToCOS - Marco Muzioby NortheasternCOS2 views
- 6:46 Gangs of Social Media-wasseypur part Iby tornadoeng16,856 views
- Loading more suggestions...