Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal 'Profound Hatred for Democracy' by U.S. Govt Officials 3 of 3
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Nov 30, 2010
In a national broadcast exclusive interview, Democracy Now! speaks with world-renowned political dissident and linguist Noam Chomsky about the release of more than 250,000 secret U.S. State Department cables by the whistleblower website, WikiLeaks.
In 1971, Chomsky helped government whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg release the Pentagon Papers, a top-secret internal U.S. account of the Vietnam War. Commenting on the revelations that several Arab leaders are urging the United States to attack Iran, Chomsky says, "latest polls show] Arab opinion holds that the major threat in the region is Israel, that's 80 percent; the second threat is the United States, that's 77 percent. Iran is listed as a threat by 10 percent," Chomsky says. "This may not be reported in the newspapers, but it's certainly familiar to the Israeli and U.S. governments and the ambassadors. What this reveals is the profound hatred for democracy on the part of our political leadership."
For the uninterrupted interview, the podcast, transcript, and for complete WikiLeaks coverage, visit www.DemocracyNow.org.
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now! today, visit www.DemocracyNow.org/donate
Standard YouTube License
- 43:10 Noam Chomsky (Sept 11, 2013) "Current Situation in Syria"by The Chomsky Videos60,944 views
- 13:01 Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal 'Profound Hatred for Democracy' by U.S. Govt Officials 1 of 3by mediagrrl993,647 views
- 1:29:20 Obama, the Middle East, and the Prospects for Peaceby bu14,330 views
- 12:21 "We Have Not Seen Anything Yet," Guardian Editor Says Most Startling WikiLeaks Cables To Be Releasedby mediagrrl94,932 views
- 11:24 Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal 'Profound Hatred for Democracy' by U.S. Govt Officials 2 of 3by mediagrrl920,554 views
- 9:52 Michael Pollan's: "Don't Buy Any Food You've Ever Seen Advertised". Democracy Now 5/14/09 2 of 2by mediagrrl946,412 views
- 59:05 Noam Chomsky WikiLeaks Cables Reveal Profound Hatred for Democracy on the Part of Our Political Leadershipby DougandDonna Bickford20,141 views
- 8:11 Is WikiLeaks' Julian Assange A Hero? Glenn Greenwald vs. Steven Aftergood of Secrecy News 3 of 3by mediagrrl95,476 views
- 30:04 Noam Chomsky's recorded address to the United National Peace Conference, 7/24/2010by mediasanctuary35,024 views
- 59:08 Conversations with History: Noam Chomskyby University of California Television (UCTV)396,265 views
- 6:29 Democracy Now's Amy Goodman plays Hardballby mediagrrl984,166 views
- 32:50 Alarming Discussion with Professor Noam Chomsky Regarding Our Nation and Worldby Ken Hildebrandt95,578 views
- 14:55 U.S. Faces Diplomatic Crisis Following Massive WikiLeaks Release of Secret Diplomatic Cables 4 of 4by mediagrrl91,923 views
- 14:14 Why a Saudi King Might Want the US to Attack Iranby TheRealNews75,542 views
- 1:31:05 Noam Chomsky (2013) "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" (MUST WATCH!!)by Noam Chomsky Videos25,135 views
- 1:14:53 Noam Chomsky - History of US Rule in Latin Americaby PHubb63,088 views
- 12:43 John Pilger: Global Support for WikiLeaks is "Rebellion" Against U.S. Militarism, Secrecyby mediagrrl919,223 views
- 8:54 Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa on WikiLeaks Secret Cables, September Coup, and Controversial REDDby mediagrrl97,216 views
- 8:45 U.S. Faces Diplomatic Crisis Following Massive WikiLeaks Release of Secret Diplomatic Cables 1 of 4by mediagrrl93,692 views
- 10:29 WikiLeaks Cables Reveal US Tried to Thwart Spanish Probes of Gitmo Torture and CIA Rendition 1 of 2by mediagrrl94,260 views
- Loading more suggestions...