WABC Channel 7 Eyewitness News Ebay Story 10/14/11
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 14, 2011
This is an excellent WABC Channel 7 Eyewitness News story out of Orange County, New York, aired on 10/14/11. The correspondent is Darla Miles, who was funny and very nice. It is all about my Ebay ad, where I was selling a bag of onions for $150,000 at the opening bid, or the buy now price of $300,000, with free shipping (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...). This is the first time my dad, Richard Pawelski, has ever been interviewed and he did a fantastic job!
The reason for this desperate act is in response to the devastation caused by the impact of Hurricane Irene on the black dirt region of Orange County, New York. It was the sixth and seventh extensive or significant flood since the "50 year" flood of 2005 that has hit the black dirt region of Orange County, New York. This is the most devastating of those floods and is the most devastating since the benchmark flood of 1955. The old timers that experienced that flood are saying that these floods are worse than that flooding in 1955. What makes this situation so devastating is that it is taking place at harvest time, when the farmers have put in 90% to 95% of our expenses. This is the absolute worst time to experience this sort of weather disaster. This is devastating.
The point I again heavily emphasized when interviewed was how inadequate USDA assistance is, crop insurance, the SURE program, etc .... I stressed that we have put in the bulk of our expenses in our crop and if all we are going to get is typical USDA assistance ...
WE ARE SCREWED!
I am sorry my friends at USDA, but that's a fact. If the farmers in the blackdirt are left to rely solely on USDA aid the majority will go out of business. We will not survive. The issue is not the timeliness of crop insurance payments, the issue is crop insurance pays pennies on the dollars or less on losses.
Here is the proof of how problematic the federal crop insurance program is, found in my testimony before the U.S. senate Agriculture Committee in a hearing held on the next Farm Bill last year:
So, I must say again, this was an excellent story and I am so happy that WABC Channel 7 Eyewitness News out of NYC covered it! Great job Darla!!!!!!
Standard YouTube License
- 7:09 Success Stories on eBayby sohoauctions8,984 views
- 2:35 WABC Channel 7 Eyewitness News Flood Story 9/1/11by Chris Pawelski2,142 views
- 8:29 WABC-TV'S Farewell Video For SAM CHAMPIONby Jeffrey Jolton74,128 views
- 5:01 Fox Business News Interview eBay CEO John Donahoeby Usoppism959 views
- 4:45 My eBay Corvette Story (Gene Cook)by Gene Cook1,539 views
- 4:36 Got a Leg Up On The Competition This Week! - Resale Renegadeby Resale Renegade643 views
- 2:31 eBay Mobile Seller Storiesby eBayMobileApps3,887 views
- 2:01:23 9/11/01 ABC New York Local A.M. Broadcastby WTC911demolition52,471 views
- 2:13 Ben Lang's Successful eBay Business At Age 15 - Channel 12 Interviewby Ben Lang427,673 views
- 14:18 Hurricane Irene bears down on the New York area 8/28 7:30 amby darin meyers2,692 views
- 7:06 eBay Success Storiesby TreasureDetective11,094 views
- 24:42 WKBW-TV Eyewitness News - Irv Weinstein Final Newscast - 12/31/1998by matts3253,979 views
- 13:07 eBay scam iPad box for $335by Nolan Grieb180,963 views
- 4:05 Volvo Trucks - eBay auction of the first new Volvo FH - the full storyby Volvo Trucks8,214 views
- 11:16 WLS Channel 7 - The 4:30 Eyewitness News (Part 1, 1983)by The Museum of Classic Chicago Television (www.FuzzyMemories.TV)4,091 views
- 2:22 WABC-TV digital switchoverby Michael Lewis4,088 views
- 1:16 Onion harvest SW of Nyssa, Oregon (Sept. 24, 2010)by psalmofpraise3,660 views
- 8:01 more ebay storiesby crazeenydriver1,808 views
- 21:32 WABC First at 4 Montage 8/30/13by AllanNYTVRadio1,177 views
- 2:07 Funny Ebay feedbackby Mission Dan1,137 views
- Loading more suggestions...