Laruga Yoga - Bakāsana to Vrksāsana
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Oct 11, 2011
A playful demonstration of pressing into Handstand (Vrksāsana) from Bakāsana.
Website - http://www.larugayoga.com
Personal Blog - http://www.peaceloveyoga.blogspot.com
The above video is for demonstration purposes only and do not reflect the full scope of the Ashtanga yoga practice. On the outside it looks to be only physical in nature. However, precious jewels are often hidden from view as in the true gift and beauty of the Ashtanga yoga practice. Based upon the foundation of the Yamas and Niyamas, and reflected through conscious breathing, prescribed postures (asanas), and intent gazing (dristhe), the mind calms, the body settles, and the light of awareness emerges.
If this practice speaks to you I recommend studying under the guidance of a qualified and experienced teacher who is connected to the vast lineage of this profound method. It is with gratitude and respect as I honor Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson R. Sharath Jois for their devotion and passion for passing this knowledge forward and onward. Namasté
Join me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/laruga
*SUBSCRIBE* Be notified of upcoming videos!
★ Website - http://www.larugayoga.com
★ Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/laruga
★ Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/laruga
★ Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/laruga
★ Pinerest - https://www.pinerest.com/laruga/
★ Tumblr - http://www.laruga.tumblr.com
★ Blogger - http://www.peaceloveyoga.blogspot.com
★ Subscribe - http://www.youtube.com/laruga
Since a young age, Laruga has been fascinated with mind/body connections and spiritual philosophy which later attracted her to the practice of yoga in early 1996 after a sincere connection and study of yoga philosophy. It wasnʼt until she stumbled upon Ashtanga Yoga when she fully immersed herself into a devoted practice a few years later in 1998. Since then, she has continued to draw inspiration from her daily visit to the mat, along with long term studies with her teachers, the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, and now his grandson R. Sharath Jois, of Mysore India. An advanced level practitioner and student of yoga, as well as, a Level 2 Authorized Teacher from KPJAYI of Mysore, India, Laruga entered into teaching after many years of sustained practice and brings with her a combined total over 20 years experience instructing body movement. In turn, she is dedicated to teaching the method of Ashtanga yoga to its fullest capacity, cultivating transparency to the tradition, and the deeply rich lineage the practice originates, otherwise known as parampara.
Through it all, Laruga teaches as an act of deep sharing and love for what yoga develops in each individual; facilitaing space to open, challenge, and inspire those to experience their inherent potential.
Currently Laruga heads the Mysore program at Yogayama in Stockholm, Sweden and teaches workshops and retreats internationally. http://www.larugayoga.com
★ Yogayama - http://www.yogayama.se
➤ For Further Information on the Practice and Study of Ashtanga Yoga in the Tradition of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Please Visit: http://www.kpjayi.org
Standard YouTube License
- 3:40 Tic Tocs Handstand Backbends Scorpion Vrschikasana in Ashtanga Yoga, Viparita Chakrasanaby KinoYoga Featured 93,006
- 7:19 Bakasana for Beginnersby Neil Keleher21,659 views
- 4:15 Eckhart Tolle on Being Yourselfby Sounds True1,555,532 views
- 12:15 HOW TO DO FREESTANDING HANDSTANDSby calisthenicskingz187,671 views
- 1:50 How to Press Up into a Handstand and Get Stronger in Ashtanga Yoga with Kinoby KinoYoga278,332 views
- 3:19 Ashtanga yoga with Laruga Glaserby Ängsbacka Kursgård16,307 views
- 1:39 Yoganidrasana, Both Legs Behind the Head in Ashtanga Yoga with Kino MacGregorby KinoYoga3,142,125 views
- 10:21 Free Yourself | Provocative Yoga | Beginners Yoga Video #3by charliejames1975351,922 views
- 14:01 Thirteen Ways into Handstandby John02420174,512 views
- 3:16 Yoga Online: Scorpion (Vrischikasana)by Corrina Richards62,938 views
- 7:02 How to L-sit to handstandby Shon D74,584 views
- 6:21 Building Ashtanga Vinyasa Floating From the Ground Upby DetroitYoga40,830 views
- 7:36 Handstand Workshopby SBotnen79,807 views
- 23:00 Arm Balances: Yoga Journal to Goby YJ Mag149,717 views
- 1:23:35 Michael Gannon - From Earth to Heaven Ashtanga Yogaby klexandr104,252 views
- 39:51 Richard freeman-ashtanga yogaby shinti2938,112 views
- 4:29 Handstand from baby steps to breakthroughsby Tim Chaffee202,857 views
- 11:02 Handstand Tutorial - How to Do a Handstand Perfectlyby GMB Posse240,527 views
- 1:50 Scorpion Prepby Cora Wen28,308 views
- 0:54 Briohny - Yoga Transitions -by briohny2778,203 views
- Loading more suggestions...