HEATLESS Pencils & Markers Curls
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 29, 2012
(I just reached 50k subscribers recently. Thank you to all of you! ♥)
HEYLO everyone! :)
I haven't been making videos lately because my camera was stolen a few weeks ago. I wished whoever took it was nice enough to return it to me, but that didn't happen T^T Still, I didn't let that stop me from making tutorials so I bought a new one. Now I'll be uploading more videos :D I have tons of new ideas and I'm excited to share them!
There's more you can do with your school supplies than you know it. My last "How to Curl Hair with Pens/Pencils" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgwpTA...) was really well-liked, but some of you struggled with it. I promised to come up with an easier improved heat-less curls tutorial, and here it is! This time, you're not just limited to pointy pencils/pens. You can use markers and other tools to control the size of curls. Doesn't that sound fun?! :D You should use the same tool so you'll have even curls throughout your hair.
Here are the answers to some of the questions that you might have!
Where can I buy the butterfly clips?
They can be found at Wal-mart, Walgreens, Target. DOLLAR TREE HAS THEM FOR ONLY $1 FOR A PACK :D!
Will this work for thick or thin hair?
Yes. For thick hair, divide it into more (smaller) sections (5+). For thin hair, you can stick with 4 sections like me or even try three.
Will this work for long hair? Medium hair?
Yes. For long hair, use longer markers/pencils or divide it into smaller sections. For medium hair, just do as I did.
*For short hair (above neck), it will probably not work.
What about layered hair?
Yes. It should work as long as your layers aren't way above your ears. You should group your sections according to their length so they'll be easier to work with.
Will this work for frizzy hair? Naturally curly/wavy hair?
Yes. For frizzy hair, apply a anti-frizz hair serum or lotion beforehand and avoid blow drying it. For naturally curly/wavy hair, you have 2 options. You can go ahead and try what I did or you can (slightly) straighten your hair first and try this without dampening your hair.
Any other types of hair?
JUST GIVE IT A TRY AND YOU'LL KNOW YOUR ANSWER! :)
Can I sleep with the pens?
Unless you can sleep on your face, I wouldn't recommend it. Your curls might also be frizzy and dry the next day.
What if I want to wear it the next day but doesn't have time in the morning?
I'd recommend for you to do this the night before and sleep with the curls. They should still be there the next day!
Can I use a blow dryer to speed up the process?
You can, but your curls might not look as natural. They might also be frizzy. Remember to use a heat protectant spray if you're going to use heat on your hair!
How long does the curls/waves last?
It depends on your hair. For me, the pencil curls lasted 2 days and the marker curls lasted 1 day without any products. If you need hairspray, use it in a small amount; otherwise, you can weigh your curls down and make them straighter.
-Take smaller sections
-Remember to SLIGHTLY dampen your hair (20 -- 30%), not wet it. Don't do this right after you wash your hair; otherwise, your hair can take a day to dry.
-Wait for your hair to be COMPLETELY dry before taking the pens out. Remember to feel them on the inside before removing the clips!
-PRACTICE. You have to try it several times to know what works best for your hair.
If your questions weren't answered here, feel free to let me know and I'd be happy to help! (:
Have fun trying out this tutorial and I'll see you all soon!
Standard YouTube License
- 5:27 Bailey Gets Her Braces Off!by Brooklyn and Bailey Featured 229,088
- 5:10 HEATLESS T-shirt Curlsby x3Haha801,401 views
- 4:36 Heatless Overnight Small Wavesby x3Haha185,836 views
- 3:12 How to Cut Versatile Bangsby x3Haha383,241 views
- 1:40 2 Minutes Lazy Bunby x3Haha552,234 views
- 10:00 (IT SUCKS!) AIR CURLER Reviewby Yubin Huh249,491 views
- 4:40 Kink Curl/Wave Your Hair with a Pencil! (Tutorial)by loveandbeauty221680,650 views
- 6:06 Tạo lọn tóc xoăn tự nhiênby Nguyễn Hồng Vân380,884 views
- 13:08 New No heat curly-wavy hair tutorial- No products, no curlers, no french braidingby beautyklove3,045,207 views
- 70 videos Play all Curly no heat hairby KillerZebra4EVA
- 5:45 IT'S NOT CHEATING: Beautiful Curls with NO Heat or Rollers! (Wake up with perfect hair)by uwodoo716,331 views
- 11:38 Cocoon Curls | Easy No-Heat Curls | Cute Girls Hairstylesby Cute Girls Hairstyles1,843,021 views
- 3:19 Non-heat Deep Wavesby bubzbeauty1,057,658 views
- 8:36 Прическа из DVD коллекции "Свадебный стилист"by ruslantatyaninvideo396,210 views
- 4:43 Sock Curled Hair !by Tori Payton1,300,163 views
- 6:08 MY Quick & Easy Everyday Makeupby dearestabbie22,012,368 views
- 4:34 Overnight Wavesby bubzbeauty3,676,418 views
- 8:29 How To Cut Hair Layers ✂by StyleSuzi1,272,774 views
- 5:44 Semi-HEATLESS Bobby-Pin Curls Hairstyle! (for all hair types) -AndreasChoiceby AndreasChoice1,388,014 views
- 9:01 Soft Romantic Curls Hair Tutorialby lilisimply5,359,205 views