Hate Comes to Orange County
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 2, 2011
Read below this note to learn about the background of this disturbing video.
Note: Comments are not monitored. All comments are posted except comments flagged/reported as promoting racism or violence (please avoid foul language too). We urge viewers to remember that the hateful protesters only represent themselves and their hate groups. They do not represent Christians, Jews, Americans, or Republicans. They do not represent Yorba Linda or Orange County. No one community and religion should ever be blamed for the act of a few wrong ones. This is what the hateful protesters are doing and we should not stoop to their level. We can all be better than that.
To learn more about CAIR's work, visit:
CAIR-LA Calls on Royce, Pauly, Lugo and Rabbi Eliezrie to Stop Excusing anti-Muslim Hate
Hate comes to Orange County
(ANAHEIM, CA, 3/2/11) -- The Greater Los Angeles Area office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-LA) today released a video of a rally organized by anti-Muslim bigots to protest a February fundraising event held by an American Muslim relief group for relief work and charity in the U.S.
A few hundred protesters showed up to the rally, which was sponsored by groups such as: "We Surround Them OC 912" (a local Tea Party group), Rabbi David Eliezrie of Chabad - Yorba Linda, North Orange County Conservative Coalition, ACT! for America, and Pamela Geller (whose group "Stop the Islamization of America" has been designated as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center).
Elected officials Congressmen Ed Royce and Gary Miller, and Villa Park Councilwoman Deborah Pauly also attended and spoke at the protest rally.
The event -- held at Yorba Linda Community Center, a facility that has been frequented by Muslim families and businesses over the years -- first became a target of anti-Muslim bigots over two of the fundraiser's speakers, who were to speak on the importance of charity in Islam. Initial attempts of some groups to have the Yorba Linda Community Center and the Yorba Linda City Council cancel the fundraising event failed, followed by the protest.
In a statement, CAIR-LA said:
"We support the First Amendment right of protest\eors anywhere in America to voice their concerns, dissent, and even hatred. However, when our nation's foundational values of inclusiveness, pluralism and equality are attacked by some in favor of calls for advocating hate and violence, then all Americans have a responsibility to challenge and expose such bigotry and those who enable it.
"As the video shows, the rhetoric of the protesters became increasingly venomous toward the families and children who came to attend the ICNA Relief fundraising dinner. Protesters shouted invective statements such as "Go home terrorist," "Muhammad is a pervert, Muhammad is a child molester," "Go home and beat your wife, she needs a good beating" at the event-goers.
"Even more disturbing was the participation and encouragement of elected officials in promoting the hateful protest rally. Villa Park Councilwoman, Deborah Pauly, while addressing the crowd at the rally, appeared to threaten Muslim event-goers. Congressman Ed Royce (R-40), in a troubling trend of disparaging Islam and its followers, added fuel to the fire by encouraging protesters to continue on with their hate-mongering. The attendance of Congressman Gary Miller (R-42) was a clear surprise, since he previously has engaged with all constituents, including Muslims, toward a better America.
"We strongly urge all elected officials in attendance to distance themselves from such an exhibition of hate and bigotry. We further ask residents and elected officials of Yorba Linda, Orange County and other parts of our nation to speak out against such hateful rhetoric and the continued Islamophobia that plagues our nation."
Council on American Islamic Relations-Los Angeles (CAIR-LA), Phone: 714-776-1847, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard YouTube License
- 6:43 Why Right Wingers Hate Obamaby The Young TurksFeatured 62,553
- 2:11:24 Debate: Atheist vs Muslim (Lawrence Krauss vs Hamza Tzortzis)by Vegan Atheist 27,109 views
- 13:01 "Hate Comes to Orange County" -- the FACTSby CounterContempt's channel 11,827 views
- 8:39 Deporting Millions Of Muslims May Be Necessary - Geert Wildersby Fight Islamization 224,043 views
- 42:42 CNN Unwelcome: Muslims Next Door Soledad O'Brienby amado2k10 93,470 views
- 6:39 Bill Maher vs. Anti-Muslim Womanby brickwall9822's channel 534,984 views
- 7:33 Michael Moore vs Westboro Baptist Churchby zoebugsmommy's channel 3,464,188 views
- 6:03 Follow up to "Hate Come to Orange County"by Coughlan000 7,122 views
- 7:01 Tea Party Idiots Exposed By Boston Globe!by TheYoungTurks 195,843 views
- 0:33 Teenager stoned to death for entering a beauty pageant (Ukraine)by LOOK UNDER THE BURKA OF ISLAM 1,215,244 views
- 10:06 Tea Party Hate: A Month of Ignorance and Fearby Attention101 108,699 views
- 5:28 TEA PARTY RACISM: What The Media Won't Show You About Teabagger Racismby ronaldjacksonX's channel 518,562 views
- 4:58 Anti-muslim Rally at Ground Zeroby lefthandedart 913,184 views
- 4:55 Bill O'Reilly Gets Owned By Kidby crowman88 8,903,348 views
- 6:44 Crazy Orange County Police Pursuitby Video from KTLA 5 Los Angeles 8,296,457 views
- 3:45 Muslim Woman Beaten to Death in Possible Hate Crime (California) - She Died on March 24th 2012by yasoobaldeen 615,383 views
- 7:56 Minuteman and Tea Party protest of May Day Illegal Immigrants in San Francisco, May 1, 2010by Steve Kemp 75,754 views
- 0:40 CALIFORNIA Mosque Protest 2/13/11by NewsNowSanDiego 2,433 views
- 5:17 Islamophobia exposed in Orange County, California .by nauiocelotl 10,129 views
- 4:39 To all Who Hate muslims Must Watchby timeman786 9,461 views
- Loading more suggestions...