Published on Apr 8, 2012
A short 2 minute sample of our 26 minute feature on 46115 Scots Guardsman, available on the DVD 'Uphill and Down Dale: Northwest Mainline Steam, 2007-2011', priced £18 (free P&P to UK, Europe, USA, Australia, New Zealand; PAL, region-free DVD (professionally replicated disc (not burnt).
For full details and to order see: http://www.linesidervideo.co.uk/dvds
Any questions - please send me a message.
DVD full contents:
46115 Scots Guardsman (27 mins.)
We start appropriately with 46115's unveiling at the Carnforth Open Day in 2008, before highlighting its first mainline runs in 30 years, including stunning winter scenes on the Settle & Carlisle and Little North Western, as well as breaking runs over Shap.
- The Lune Habitat, Sept. 2008 (3)
- WCRC excursion, Nov. 2008 (2)
- The Cumbrian Fellsman, Feb. 2009 (2)
- The Great Britain II, April 2009 (2)
- Scot Over Shap, May 2009 (3)
- The Hadrian, Oct.2009 (2)
- Cotton Mill Express, July 2010 (1)
- The Great Britain IV, April 2011 (3)
- The Waverley, July 2011 (2)
- The Hadrian, Oct. 2011 (3)
60163 Tornado (10 mins.)
The achievements of the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust go without saying. We see the landmark loco on the rarely used northern section of the Cumbrian Coast, Newcastle-Carlisle line, S&C, and her first ever north and southbound climbs of Beattock.
- Cumbrian Coast Tornado, April 2010 (3)
- The Christmas Caledonian, Nov. 2010 (5)
- The Caledonian Tornado, Sept. 2011 (1)
6233 Duchess of Sutherland (13 mins.)
We see the Duchess in fine form in the last few years of her first mainline ticket in preservation, over Shap, Beattock and Ais Gill.
- The Great Britain, April 2007 (4)
- Cumbrian Mountain Express, July 2007 (2)
- The Citadel Express, May 2008 (3)
- Tyne Valley Tourer, Sept. 2008 (1)
- The Royal Scot, Oct. 2008 (4)
- The Citadel Express/Royal Scot, May 2010 (4)
- Cumbrian Mountain Express, August 2010 (2)
- Tyne Valley Tourer, Sept. 2010 (1)
- The Royal Scot, Oct. 2010 (1)
6201 Princess Elizabeth (27 mins.)
Popular and reliable Lizzie is captured in full cry on the S&C, Shap, and Beattock.
- Christmas Citadel Special, Dec. 2007 (4)
- Cumbrian Mountain Express (various, 2009-2011) (13)
- The Royal Scot, Oct. 2009 (3)
- The Coronation Scot, Nov. 2011 (9)
71000 Duke Of Gloucester (10 mins.)
We see the Duke on rarely used lines around the Cumbrian Coast, and blitzing Beattock.
- Cumbrian Coast Pullman, Feb/March 2007 & Feb/March 2008 (11)
- The North Briton, April 2008 (2)
5690 Leander (7 mins.)
We see Leander on the S&C - in not-so-high summer, and sparkling winter sun and snow.
- The Fellsman, July/Aug. 2009 (3)
- The Christmas Fellsman, Nov. 2010 (4)
45231 The Sherwood Forester (6 mins.)
The Black 5 is seen hauling no fewer than 12 coaches over the Long Drag.
- The Fellsman, Sept. 2011 (7)
45407 The Lancashire Fusilier (8 mins.)
Ian Riley's Black 5 is seen hard at work on a variety of Cotton Mill Express runs over Copy Pit, Sough, and Giggleswick Bank.
- Cotton Mill Express, Oct. 2008 (2)
- Cotton Mill Express, Nov. 2009 (2)
- Cotton Mill Express, Dec. 2009 (2)
44871 & 5690 Leander (8 mins.)
The superb pairing of a '5' and '5x' for the first time in many years are shown in all their winter glory.
- Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express, Dec. 2010 (2)
- Buxton Spa Express, Feb. 2011 (3)
48151 (10 mins.)
The Stanier Stalwart is shown on the now under-threat (for steam) Cumbrian Coast route, and blitzing Ais Gill.
- Cumbrian Coast Express et al., May 2007-May 2008 (9)
- The Dalesman, August 2007 (1)
- The Fellsman, June 2011 (2)
76079 (6 mins.)
The Standard 4 may never see work on the region's mainlines again; we look back at her runs over Copy Pit and Sough.
- Cotton Mill Express, Jan. 2008 (1)
- Cotton Mill Express, Dec. 2008 (3)
To my regulars - that's my 'professional' voice - I'm from Lancashire tha knows!