46115 Scots Guardsman
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 8, 2012
A short 2 minute sample of our 26 minute feature on 46115 Scots Guardsman, available on the DVD 'Uphill and Down Dale: Northwest Mainline Steam, 2007-2011', priced £18 (free P&P to UK, Europe, USA, Australia, New Zealand; PAL, region-free DVD (professionally replicated disc (not burnt).
For full details and to order see: http://www.linesidervideo.co.uk/dvds
Any questions - please send me a message.
DVD full contents:
46115 Scots Guardsman (27 mins.)
We start appropriately with 46115's unveiling at the Carnforth Open Day in 2008, before highlighting its first mainline runs in 30 years, including stunning winter scenes on the Settle & Carlisle and Little North Western, as well as breaking runs over Shap.
- The Lune Habitat, Sept. 2008 (3)
- WCRC excursion, Nov. 2008 (2)
- The Cumbrian Fellsman, Feb. 2009 (2)
- The Great Britain II, April 2009 (2)
- Scot Over Shap, May 2009 (3)
- The Hadrian, Oct.2009 (2)
- Cotton Mill Express, July 2010 (1)
- The Great Britain IV, April 2011 (3)
- The Waverley, July 2011 (2)
- The Hadrian, Oct. 2011 (3)
60163 Tornado (10 mins.)
The achievements of the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust go without saying. We see the landmark loco on the rarely used northern section of the Cumbrian Coast, Newcastle-Carlisle line, S&C, and her first ever north and southbound climbs of Beattock.
- Cumbrian Coast Tornado, April 2010 (3)
- The Christmas Caledonian, Nov. 2010 (5)
- The Caledonian Tornado, Sept. 2011 (1)
6233 Duchess of Sutherland (13 mins.)
We see the Duchess in fine form in the last few years of her first mainline ticket in preservation, over Shap, Beattock and Ais Gill.
- The Great Britain, April 2007 (4)
- Cumbrian Mountain Express, July 2007 (2)
- The Citadel Express, May 2008 (3)
- Tyne Valley Tourer, Sept. 2008 (1)
- The Royal Scot, Oct. 2008 (4)
- The Citadel Express/Royal Scot, May 2010 (4)
- Cumbrian Mountain Express, August 2010 (2)
- Tyne Valley Tourer, Sept. 2010 (1)
- The Royal Scot, Oct. 2010 (1)
6201 Princess Elizabeth (27 mins.)
Popular and reliable Lizzie is captured in full cry on the S&C, Shap, and Beattock.
- Christmas Citadel Special, Dec. 2007 (4)
- Cumbrian Mountain Express (various, 2009-2011) (13)
- The Royal Scot, Oct. 2009 (3)
- The Coronation Scot, Nov. 2011 (9)
71000 Duke Of Gloucester (10 mins.)
We see the Duke on rarely used lines around the Cumbrian Coast, and blitzing Beattock.
- Cumbrian Coast Pullman, Feb/March 2007 & Feb/March 2008 (11)
- The North Briton, April 2008 (2)
5690 Leander (7 mins.)
We see Leander on the S&C - in not-so-high summer, and sparkling winter sun and snow.
- The Fellsman, July/Aug. 2009 (3)
- The Christmas Fellsman, Nov. 2010 (4)
45231 The Sherwood Forester (6 mins.)
The Black 5 is seen hauling no fewer than 12 coaches over the Long Drag.
- The Fellsman, Sept. 2011 (7)
45407 The Lancashire Fusilier (8 mins.)
Ian Riley's Black 5 is seen hard at work on a variety of Cotton Mill Express runs over Copy Pit, Sough, and Giggleswick Bank.
- Cotton Mill Express, Oct. 2008 (2)
- Cotton Mill Express, Nov. 2009 (2)
- Cotton Mill Express, Dec. 2009 (2)
44871 & 5690 Leander (8 mins.)
The superb pairing of a '5' and '5x' for the first time in many years are shown in all their winter glory.
- Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express, Dec. 2010 (2)
- Buxton Spa Express, Feb. 2011 (3)
48151 (10 mins.)
The Stanier Stalwart is shown on the now under-threat (for steam) Cumbrian Coast route, and blitzing Ais Gill.
- Cumbrian Coast Express et al., May 2007-May 2008 (9)
- The Dalesman, August 2007 (1)
- The Fellsman, June 2011 (2)
76079 (6 mins.)
The Standard 4 may never see work on the region's mainlines again; we look back at her runs over Copy Pit and Sough.
- Cotton Mill Express, Jan. 2008 (1)
- Cotton Mill Express, Dec. 2008 (3)
To my regulars - that's my 'professional' voice - I'm from Lancashire tha knows!
Standard YouTube License
- 15:26 Beach fishing for Whiting- Series 1- Episode 8 - Totally Awesome Fishingby TAFishing Featured 22,561
- 50:59 Steam Classics Duchess of Sutherlandby InterCitiesExpress3,244 views
- 48:33 Film about the railways and it's enthusiasts, 1960's - Film 5869by HuntleyFilmArchives263 views
- 14:50 2011 Mainline Steam Compilation (July-Dec)by 981smithy11,491 views
- 13:43 Mainline Diesel - LMS 10000by mark30096,094 views
- 13:00 LMS Archive - Little and Oftenby Nathan Fenn8,879 views
- 9:50 5043 to Scotlandby GreatWestern1752,419 views
- 8:45 5043 takes on the Welsh Marches - 28/09/13by letmadnessbegin1,387 views
- 5:29 70013 slips on Shap on The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express on the 25-2-12by TheStephengthompson53,523 views
- 11:10 The Great Britain V Days 8 & 9 and The Cornishman w/ 34067, 70013 & 5043 - 28-29/04/12by letmadnessbegin2,585 views
- 5:34 'The Great Britain V' Railtour LMS No 46233 Duchess of Sutherland At Carlisle 26th April 2012.m2tsby allan59193,993 views
- 16:48 Cathedrals Express to Swanage with 4464 Bittern 19-04-12by 1Z646,936 views
- 14:40 87014 Carlisle - Penrith Winter Cab Ride Driver`s Eye Viewby paul8710175,272 views
- 2:25 46115 Scots Guardsman tackles Ribblehead Viaduct 1/06/11by 50A Works2,167 views
- 9:15 SR 34067 Tangmere Slips on Shap hauling the Cumbrian Mountain Express 12-4-12 .by TheStephengthompson15,614 views
- 2:28 4464 Bittern, Fast - 90MPH Very Fast Indeed!by MrKnowwun57,800 views
- 35:59 Carlisle Overnight 19th August 2013 - Including 37's,57's,Sleepersby MrThrash37339 views
- 8:19 46115 - The Cotton Mill Express - 17.7.10by acw710001,555 views
- 4:15 LMS 44871 & 45407 Flatten Shap on The WCME on Sat 26th Jan 2013.by 981smithy12,319 views
- 6:05 A4 60009 on a Loaded test run 18/7/12by TheStephengthompson1,878 views
- Loading more suggestions...