HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE - Teaser Trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 11, 2012
A powerful story of men and women who raged against disease and apathy to save their own lives, HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE provides a never-before-seen look at the battles waged by HIV/AIDS activist groups like ACT UP and TAG that stopped AIDS from becoming a death sentence. A classic tale of empowerment and activism that has since inspired movements for change in everything from breast cancer research to Occupy Wall Street. Their story stands as a powerful inspiration to future generations, a road map, and a call to arms. This is how you change the world.
HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE will be released in theaters on September 21st, 2012.
Join us on FACEBOOK ( https://www.facebook.com/awwneversorry ) for news, exclusives and to interact with the filmmakers, activists and experts that compose the HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE team.
2012 SUNDANCE FILM FESTIVAL
2012 NEW DIRECTORS/NEW FILMS FESTIVAL
2012 TRUE/FALSE FILM FESTIVAL
2012 FULL FRAME DOCUMENTARY FILM FESTIVAL
2012 SAN FRANCISCO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
2012 BOSTON INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL
2012 SEATTLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- Frank Bruni, New York Times
"An essential, heroic story is told in this documentary composed of archival video footage taken by the subjects themselves. It's the tale of a disease—AIDS—and the activists who managed to turn the perception of it away from Reaganite fear and shame into something much closer to compassion."
-Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE
A film by David France | 109 Minutes
Not Yet Rated | A Sundance Selects Release
HOW TO SURVIVE A PLAGUE is the story of the brave young men and women who successfully reversed the tide of an epidemic, demanded the attention of a fearful nation and stopped AIDS from becoming a death sentence. This improbable group of activists bucked oppression and, with no scientific training, infiltrated government agencies and the pharmaceutical industry, helping to identify promising new medication and treatments and move them through trials and into drugstores in record time. In the process, they saved their own lives and ended the darkest days of a veritable plague, while virtually emptying AIDS wards in American hospitals in the process.
The powerful story of their fight is a classic tale of empowerment and activism that has since inspired movements for change in everything from breast cancer research to Occupy Wall Street. Their story stands as a powerful inspiration to future generations, a road map, and a call to arms. This is how you change the world.
Standard YouTube License
- 26:30 I Shouldn't Be Alive - Trapped Under a Boulder: New Zealandby Matt EarleFeatured 25,844
- 2:27 LIBERAL ARTS - Official Trailerby IFCFilmsTube 27,597 views
- 2:30 AI WEIWEI: NEVER SORRY - Official Trailerby IFCFilmsTube 37,346 views
- 1:54 THE LONELIEST PLANET Official Trailerby IFCFilmsTube 137,205 views
- 2:15 THE SNOWTOWN MURDERS - Official Trailerby IFCFilmsTube 10,123 views
- 2:21:43 And The Band Played On (1993)by supaflyrobby 144,493 views
- 12:42 ON THE VANITY OF EXISTENCE - Arthur Schopenhauerby drpaluga 51,594 views
- 2:04 LOOSE CANNONS movie trailer 2010by peccadillopictures 283,515 views
- 1:54:10 AIDS Inc. (Gary Null) (2007)by ricci1007 3,948 views
- 0:21 Saved ADE Party @ Studio 80 - 16/10/12 (Youtube Video Teaser)by nicfanciullidj 2,586 views
- 2:11 Lord Peter Wimseyby AcornMediaUK 31,670 views
- 6:39 "Be Here Now" -- The Andy Whitfield Story Feature Documentary Trailer, by Lilibet Fosterby BeHereNowFilm 1,185,745 views
- 1:29:12 House of Numbers, Full Documentaryby rethinkingAIDS 95,610 views
- 17:18 "How to Survive a Plague": As ACT UP Turns 25, New Film on History of AIDS Activism. 1 of 2by democracynow 2,922 views
- 18:42 "How to Survive a Plague": As ACT UP Turns 25, New Film on History of AIDS Activism. 2 of 2by democracynow 2,485 views
- 5:04 10,000fps!? - The Slow Mo Guysby theslowmoguys 3,410,256 views
- 8:26 Horse Power - Road to the Maclay ---Episode 6(1)by nassau27 20,675 views
- 45:36 June 11, 2012: Webster Tarpley and Alex Jones Re-Examine Ron Paul's Ideologyby LudwigNosen 15,449 views
- 2:29 Your Sister's Sister Official Trailer #1 (2012) Emily Blunt Movie HDby MovieclipsCOMINGSOON 229,543 views
- 3:42 OSCARS 2013 Best Documentary : Searching For Sugar Man, The Invisible War, How To Survive A Plagueby ENTV 15,341 views
- Loading more suggestions...