Sea Eagle WIG WISE wing in ground effect craft Commerclized
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 9, 2008
http://www.sea-eagle.org is Selling the craft.
The Sea Eagle bridges the gap between maritime and air transportation. Classified as a Class B WIG Craft Class B(Wing-in-Ground Effect Craft) by the United Nations International Maritime Organization (IMO), the Sea Eagle is basically a hybrid between a boat and an airplane, combining the benefits of both worlds while eliminating most of their disadvantages. We are one of the primary WIG manufacturer in Asia that has achieve Class B Wing in Ground Effect status. Our WIG can withstand inter sea travel, and can do dynamic jump up to 50 meter above the sea.
Wing-in-Ground effect crafts skim very low over the water, typically at a height of 10 to 50% of their wing span. Due to the pressure increase under the wing at these low altitudes, the lift generated is up to 80 % greater than when the wings are out of ground effect, and the aerodynamic drag is almost eliminated. This double effect makes wing-in-ground effect crafts extremely efficient vehicles, requiring significantly less fuel than an aircraft needs to cover the same area, with the same payload.
Ground effect as a theoretical category is an asymptotic value which decreases with increase of altitude. Theoretically it reduces to zero at very high altitudes. For practical reasons, the IMO has determined that a craft is considered to be in ground effect when its altitude is equivalent to 50 % of the average of its wing chord.
* WIG craft reduces the cost of IMO licensing of the craft.
* WIG craft reduces the cost of the hull, using marine hull, instead of aircraft hull.
* WIG craft reduces the ownership cost by 40% of the craft compared to a similar seaplane.
* WIG craft reduces the infrastructure cost to nil. compare to the airport tax that planes has to pay.
* WIG craft reduces the fuel cost by up to 75%, becos of its fuel efficieny while it is in ground effect.
* WIG craft reduces the maintainence cost as the craft is made of composite fiber, and is corrosion free.
The owner has lots of cost savings.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Beyond The Century" on
- 5:01 Double Eagle experimental amateurbuilt lightsport aircraftby Light Sport and Ultralight Flyer Featured 7,845
- 51:10 Wings of Russia: Ekranoplans. On the Edge of Two Elements. (Episode 11 of 18)by BitnikGr263,811 views
- 16:14 Mythbusting Ground Effectby PrettyFlyForACFI2,632 views
- 2:13 Airfish WIG craftby Amazing Info TV75,801 views
- 6:34 Ground Effects Vehiclesby Mark Hoyle54,953 views
- 6:07 Japan WIG train - Ground Effect Trainby Panagiotis Zagklis48,899 views
- 10:36 Selling Ekranoplan Wing in ground effect Flying shipby pingfaninsg136,676 views
- 10:04 EKRANOPLAN ( Caspian Sea Monster ) part 2/3by nikolaos333180,555 views
- 11 videos Play all Newby sungsamuel
- 6:16 FLYSHIP 80 (part 1)by Panagiotis Zagklis24,072 views
- 5:18 ARON-7, Korea WIG craft (part 2)by Panagiotis Zagklis8,227 views
- 7:50 Aquaglide 5 NEW videoby Panagiotis Zagklis22,754 views
- 7:58 SeaStryder....freedom redefinedby aquavion79,484 views
- 1:30 wig craftby Juniljekal47950687,973 views
- 2:40 Evolution of the Ekranoplan - Be-2500 Neptun 2022by PowerRossiya344,903 views
- 1:11 Caspian Sea Monster Ekranoplan Flight Videoby Craig Hester3,815,175 views
- 11:50 DIY - Build A Homemade Hovercraft For Under $50!by ronthehowtoguy63,821 views
- 10:54 U.S. Military Hovercraft Transporterby ArmyVideoTube656,880 views
- 7:48 New Airfish-8 (WIG craft)by Panagiotis Zagklis101,718 views
- 8:07 AirFish - 8by Panagiotis Zagklis475,831 views