Uploaded on Feb 9, 2008
http://www.sea-eagle.org is Selling the craft.
The Sea Eagle bridges the gap between maritime and air transportation. Classified as a Class B WIG Craft Class B(Wing-in-Ground Effect Craft) by the United Nations International Maritime Organization (IMO), the Sea Eagle is basically a hybrid between a boat and an airplane, combining the benefits of both worlds while eliminating most of their disadvantages. We are one of the primary WIG manufacturer in Asia that has achieve Class B Wing in Ground Effect status. Our WIG can withstand inter sea travel, and can do dynamic jump up to 50 meter above the sea.
Wing-in-Ground effect crafts skim very low over the water, typically at a height of 10 to 50% of their wing span. Due to the pressure increase under the wing at these low altitudes, the lift generated is up to 80 % greater than when the wings are out of ground effect, and the aerodynamic drag is almost eliminated. This double effect makes wing-in-ground effect crafts extremely efficient vehicles, requiring significantly less fuel than an aircraft needs to cover the same area, with the same payload.
Ground effect as a theoretical category is an asymptotic value which decreases with increase of altitude. Theoretically it reduces to zero at very high altitudes. For practical reasons, the IMO has determined that a craft is considered to be in ground effect when its altitude is equivalent to 50 % of the average of its wing chord.
* WIG craft reduces the cost of IMO licensing of the craft.
* WIG craft reduces the cost of the hull, using marine hull, instead of aircraft hull.
* WIG craft reduces the ownership cost by 40% of the craft compared to a similar seaplane.
* WIG craft reduces the infrastructure cost to nil. compare to the airport tax that planes has to pay.
* WIG craft reduces the fuel cost by up to 75%, becos of its fuel efficieny while it is in ground effect.
* WIG craft reduces the maintainence cost as the craft is made of composite fiber, and is corrosion free.
The owner has lots of cost savings.