ARCWP- Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests- Sept. Ordination 14 Sign of Peace.avi
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 15, 2011
ARCWP- Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests- Sept. Ordination 14 Sign of Peace
September 10, 2011 at 3:00 p.m. Adele DeckeiJones of San Antonio, Texas and Dorothy Shugrue of Cheshire, Connecticut were ordained priests. Donna LeMaster Rougeux of Lexington, Kentucky will be ordained a deacon in a historic "first" in Virginia. The presiding bishop was Bridget Mary Meehan. The ceremony took place at First Christian Church, 6165 Leesburg Pike~Falls Church, VA 22044 www.fccfc.org Theologian and archaeologist Dorothy Irvin, whose ground-breaking research reveals evidence of women deacons, priests and even bishops has provided a historic foundation for our movement, gave a lecture with slides on Women's Ordination in the Early Church.
The ordinands are theologically prepared and have many years of experience in ministry. Adele worked as a Licensed Professional Counselor. Dorothy, a former member of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, served as a Roman Catholic College Chaplain and presently serves as a Mental Health and Substance Abuse Chaplain. Donna ministers to the sick and dying and their families as a hospice chaplain.
The Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests rejoice in a "holy shakeup"that millions of Catholics worldwide welcome. The good news now is that male priests, bishops, a cardinal as well as theologians have expressed their support of female priests. They are following in the footsteps of Maryknoll Roy Bourgeois whose prophetic call for a dialogue on women priests is being heard in more and more places today in our church. www.associationofromancatholicwomenpries
A new documentary, "Pink Smoke Over the Vatican," shares the stories of some of these women who have found a way to serve God's people as women priests including Janice Sevre-Duszynska who was ordained in Lexington, Kentucky in 2008. Fr. Roy Bourgeois attended, delivered the homily and participated in the ordination rite. This resulted in his excommunication and Vatican attempts to pressure Maryknoll to dismiss him from the Order.
"Nothing can stop the movement of the spirit toward human rights, justice and equality in our world and in our church," said Bridget Mary Meehan. "The full equality of women is the voice of God in our time."
The Women Priests movement in the Roman Catholic Church advocates a new model of priestly ministry united with the people with whom we minister. We stand in prophetic obedience to Jesus who calls women and men to be disciples and equals. The movement began with the ordination of seven women on the Danube in 2002. Today there are over 124 in the movement worldwide. ARCWP is in the United States and Latin America. Our specific charism within the broader global Roman Catholic Women Priests initiative is to live Gospel equality and justice for women in the church and in society now. We work in solidarity with the poor and marginalized for transformative justice in partnership with all believers. Our vision is to live as a community of equals in decision making both as an organization and within all our faith communities. We advocate the renewal of the vision of Jesus in the Gospel in our church and world.
Standard YouTube License
- 58:04 Dark secrets of the Catholic Church; Ex nun Confessesby ThePersecuted7491,529 views
- 45:25 Dwight Nelson on Women's Ordinationby Healthy Lifestyle Choices10,848 views
- 2:58:13 A Lamp In The Dark - The Untold History Of The Bible - Roman Catholic Cult Exposedby HeavenClear16,029 views
- 58:50 BBC - This World (2012) - The Shame of the Catholic Churchby Ezra1Jesus1Disciple10,069 views
- 58:31 Women's Ordination - Panel Discussion - The Controversial Issueby JesusTVSermons3,012 views
- 47:47 Losing Faith: Abuse, Cover-Up and the Catholic Church with Fr. Thomas Doyleby TheLipTV66,077 views
- 31:38 YES VOTE on Women's Ordination (Asscherick on Unity in Diversity)by JR Cofer9,803 views
- 22:29 Biblical View on Women's Ordinationby Pieter Damsteegt12,263 views
- 7:54 What the Bible says about Women preachers or pastors NEWby CrestwoodNewLife56,810 views
- 3:24 ARCWP- Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests- Sept. Ordination 15- Blessing Recessional..aviby Bridget Mary Meehan1,795 views
- 9:27 Herman Murray ~ I Love Women.... but these Fake women bishops are getting on my nerves!!!!by mossboy466,071 views
- 1:33 ARCWP- Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests- Sept Ordination 12 Eucharistic Preface.aviby Bridget Mary Meehan645 views
- 8:43 Roman Catholic women Priests: Bishop Olivia Doko Ordination,- Gospelby RevCordero63,511 views
- 8:53 Stephen Fry dismantles the Roman Catholic Church - EPIC SPEECH!by Metatron Resurrection79,899 views
- 4:46 Association of Roman Catholic Women Priests/ARCWP.ORG/ 2013 Updateby Bridget Mary Meehan721 views
- 57:54 Women's Ordination: Equal But Different - Part 1 of 3 "Subordinate But Equal"by secretsunsealed4,384 views
- 10:53 Speech on family life by Catholic Priest Rev Fr Joseph Puthenpurackal OFM Cap. (PART-6)by jvabhilash1,522 views
- 6:23 ARCWP Ordination of 5 Women Slideshow,June 22, 2013by Bridget Mary Meehan409 views
- 4:40 Roman Catholic Women Priests: RCWP Western Regionby RevCordero1,257 views
- 4:28 Roman Catholic Women Priests: 10th Anniversary of Danube 7- First Ordinationby Bridget Mary Meehan2,408 views
- Loading more suggestions...