7/15/10 US News & World Report 2010 Best Hospital Rankings
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 14, 2010
Today the U.S. News & World Report 2010 rankings of "America's Best Hospitals" were released and I am very excited to report that the Medical Center has been ranked in 11 specialties, continuing our standing as one of "America's Best" for 18 years in a row.
We have a lot to celebrate in these rankings including
• Having more specialties ranked this year than last -- 11 specialties this year vs 10 last year
• Substantial moves by several of our programs including our heart services moving up 17 spots to number 20 on the list, diabetes and endocronolgy moving up 10 spaces to 17 and orthopedics moving to 28 -- a jump of 13 spaces.
• Being the only Central Ohio hospital to be ranked in any specialty
While the reputation this brings makes us proud, it is even more exciting when we think that the U.S. News rankings are based on quality measures such as patient volume, mortality and safety, nursing excellence and technology. So, when we receive this recognition it is because we are providing the highest quality of care to our patients -- we are truly improving lives.
This year, U.S. News listed only 14 hospitals on their "honor roll" and while we are not among those hospitals this year, our 11 specialties still places us among the top healthcare institutions in the nation.
The 11 specialties at Ohio State recognized in this year's rankings were:
Cancer: # 26
Diabetes and Endocrine Disorders: # 17
Ear, Nose and Throat: #18
Heart and Heart Surgery: #20
Kidney Disorders: #31
Pulmonary: # 34
Neurology and Neurosurgery: #46
Combining these rankings with our success in research and education gives an even more complete picture of OSU Medical Center. Earlier this year, the College of Medicine again ranked 27th among America's 126 accredited medical schools in the most recent U.S. News "America's Best Graduate Schools" rankings, and our annual research funding totals have exceeded $200 million for the second year.
We continue to raise the bar across the Medical Center and we are being recognized based on our efforts.
I started this message with congratulations and I want to end with thanks. Our success wouldn't be possible without your continued efforts to deliver a world-class patient care experience here at Ohio State. Whether you are providing direct patient care, discovering new treatments, teaching future health professionals or providing support services for others, your commitment to excellence and teamwork is key to our continued success.
I hope that you are as proud of these accomplishments as I am - both for the recognition these rankings bring to our University, and for all you do each day to improve people's lives through personalized health care.
Congratulations -- thank you -- and have a great week.
Standard YouTube License
- 28:25 HIGHER EDUCATION TODAY - U.S. News College Rankingsby gotouniversity1,170 views
- 6:28 GLOBAL PULSE: Haiti in the Media: Compassion vs. Showboating (1/29/2010)by Link TV1,989 views
- 16:16 TOP! Las 10 Mejores Universidades del Mundoby Geison Martínez922 views
- 2:17 The Johns Hopkins Hospital USNWR 2011 Top Hospital 21 Years in a Rowby JohnsHopkinsMedicine6,780 views
- 50:56 College and university rankings Wiki Article NEW Video 2013by EducationWorld1,316 views
- 1:31 Mayo Clinic named a "Best Hospital" by U.S. News & World Report for 21st Straight Yearby Mayo Clinic1,189 views
- 9:58 Best places to live in the United States of Americaby Adam Sz.33,944 views
- 10:00 Shastin Hospital Cardiac Cath Lab Installationby Timothy W Coursen3,305 views
- 8:36 U.S. News and World Reports' Peter Roff Discusses Immigration Reformby The Daily Ledger281 views
- 10:26 Top 50 World Universitiesby lagodaxnian189,171 views
- 4:58 The World's Top Retirement Havens in 2011by InternationalLiving7,096 views
- 4:25 The Ohio State University Medical Center Difference (2010)by osumedicalcenter2,943 views
- 3:53 Baltimore Hospital Ranked No. 1by CBS2,535 views
- 5:14 Best Lego City in the World- Level Fiveby bretticeman07330,077 views
- 2:29 UC San Diego Medical Center Declared one of top 100 Hospitals in U.S.by UC San Diego Health System1,962 views
- 10:36 Children's Hospital Boston "What makes it special?"by TalismanMedia21,426 views
- 2:45 Tv9 Gujarat - Ahmedabad will have world's biggest hospitalby Tv9 Gujarat15,422 views
- 5:26 Bone Traumaby Nick Jarmak1,020 views
- 3:27 Pregnant in America Trailerby pregnantinamerica215,818 views
- 2:35 Best Hospitals - Pediatric Heart Surgery at Texas Children's Heart Centerby usnewsandworldreport119,622 views
- Loading more suggestions...