Leg Training Episode 5 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran: Dumbbell Front Squats
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 25, 2010
Have me as your personal online trainer at http://trainerforce.net/TIhealthandfi...
Hey all, Drug Free Bodybuilder/ Raw Power lifter Tuan here with another video. This is call a French Squat or Dumb Bell Front Squat.
Target Body Part: Back, Butt/Hips, Legs - Thighs, Full Body/Integrated
Primary Muscles: Erector Spinae, Gluteus Maximus (glutes), Quadriceps (quads), Full Body/Integrated
(Synergists/Stabilizers) Rectus Abdominus (abs), Transverse Abdominus, Gluteus Medius/Minimus (Abductors), Hamstrings, Adductors, Soleus, Gastrocnemius
Starting Position: Stand with your feet slighter wider than hip-width, facing outward or turned slightly outwards while holding a dumbbell in each hand by your sides, with palms facing inwards. Depress and retract your scapulae (pull shoulders down and back).
Stiffen your core and abdominal muscles (bracing) to stabilize your spine. Curl the dumbbells to a starting position where they rest on the front edge of your shoulders or just in front of your shoulders. Hold your chest up and out, tilt your head slightly up, and shift your weight over your heels.
Downward Phase: Start the downward phase by first shifting your hips backwards then downwards to create a hinge-like movement at your knees. As you lower your hips the knees will then start to shift forward slowly, but try to control the amount of forward translation (movement) of the tibia (shinbone). Attempt to keep your back flat.
Continue to lower yourself until your thighs are parallel or almost parallel with the floor, or until your heels begin to lift off the floor, or until your torso begins to round or flex forward. Monitor your feet, ankles and knees, ensuring that the feet don't move, the ankles do not collapse in or out and the knees remain aligned over the second toe.
Lowered Position: From the front, the knees should continue to remain aligned over the second toe and body weight should be evenly distributed over both feet. From the side, the position of the tibia (shinbone) and torso should be parallel with each other and the low back should appear flat or showing the beginning of some rounding.
Upward Phase: While maintaining your back, chest and head-up position, exhale and extend the hips and knees by pushing your feet into the floor through your heels. The hips and torso need to rise together while keeping the heels flat on the floor and knees aligned over the second toe. Continue extending until you reach your starting position.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:57 Leg Training Episode 6 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran:Barbell Anderson Squats 365 lbs for repsby Tuan Tran3,039 views
- 4:54 Cardio Training Episode 7 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran: Double End Bagby Tuan Tran367,906 views
- 2:28 Mastering the Body by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran Episode 5: Push Up Variationsby Tuan Tran736,488 views
- 9:58 Bodybuilding Training Episode 7 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran: Quadsby Tuan Tran7,794 views
- 11:43 Truth About Squatting Heavy Weightsby strengthcamp539,442 views
- 3:57 Brandon Williams Uses 150lb Dumbbells for Chest Pressby strengthnet789,771 views
- 4:15 How To: Front Squat (Barbell)by ScottHermanFitness187,316 views
- 37 videos Play all Tuan Tranby olderozbear
- 5:23 Mastering the Body Episode 23 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran: Bongo Balance Board Trainingby Tuan Tran131,084 views
- 2:08 Front Squat with Will Brinkby willbrink52,802 views
- 3:30 Front Squatby Testosterone Nation248,007 views
- 4:09 Natrual Bodybuilder Tuan Tran: What I looked like at 14by Tuan Tran244,827 views
- 3:06 10 Min Home Dumbbell Workoutby Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts1,745,737 views
- 9:32 Bodybuilding Training Episode 3 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran: Hamstringsby Tuan Tran5,058 views
- 2:31 Dumbbell Front Squats - Functional Muscle Fitness Exercise of the Weekby FunctionalMuscleFit5,065 views
- 7:13 Cardio Training Episode 5 by Musclemania Pro Tuan Tran: Escrima with Kali Sticksby Tuan Tran69,185 views
- 4:45 7-Min Home Dumbbell Quadriceps Workout Routineby HugoRiveraFitness81,328 views
- 10:15 Squat Rx #15: The Front Squatby squatrx225,049 views
- 3:20 Advanced - Dumbbell Squatsby Instructionalfitness45,342 views
- 11:37 Total Upper Body Dumbbell Workoutby Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts2,443,700 views