Solar Panels and Solar Panels Facts
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 28, 2012
In this video you will discover the three secrets of how our customers are saving hundreds of pounds on their energy bills often by slashing their bills in half using the most advanced but affordable systems available. Many ask how does solar energy work. There are two types of solar energy panel systems available; Solar Energy Thermal, which produces heat for hot water and or central heating, and Solar Energy Photo Voltaic (PV) which produces solar energy electricity.
The solar energy advantages on both work on the collection of light and not just when it is hot outside.
All of the above are classed as renewable energy sources.
In April 2010, the Government launched the Feed In Tariff (FIT) for solar energy providing electricity (PV). For the property owner it allows you to use the electricity your solar energy system produces completely free.
You will make a direct saving on your electric bill, whilst producing and will be paid more for a unit of electricity than you pay them regardless of your usage, plus extra money will be paid to you for over-generation.
The payments are index-linked and tax free, but must be installed by an solar energy MCS certified company to qualify. Once signed into the scheme the payments are guaranteed for 25 years. Typically a 4kW solar energy system will pay you a ROI equivalent to around 12%, which grows each year with inflation. . . EVERY YEAR FOR 25 YEARS.
2013 will see the launch of the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for other technologies, including solar energy thermal and Air to Water Heat Pumps.
The property owner uses heat the solar energy system produces instead of using Gas, Oil, etc, making direct savings on your fuel bill.
This payment works slightly different than solar energy PV payments because the DECC recognises variations in quality of solar energy heat producing equipment on the market, so the payment you receive will be linked to the rated output of the system.
Superior solar energy systems cost a little more to install, but the savings are higher because they produce more solar energy. Again this must be installed by a certified MCS company to qualify for the tariff.
Each year tariffs will be reduced for newcomers to the solar energy scheme, but home owners who install solar energy sooner will be locked in to the guaranteed scheme . . . EACH YEAR FOR 20 YEARS.
WHY THE FEED IN TARIFF WAS LAUNCHED FOR SOLAR ENERGY?
The Government has to meet targets set to reduce pollution in the UK by 2025, so they have to give an incentive for fitting solar energy technology for each home.
This will make the choice of investing your capital in clean energy far more attractive. This scheme allows you to make financial returns on your investment at a better rate than money in the bank.
WHO PAYS YOU THE MONEY?
Your energy company does. They earn Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs) for purchasing a percentage of their fuel from solar energy and renewable energy sources.
WILL THIS PUSH UP FUEL PRICES?
Inevitably yes. All energy bills will have to rise to subsidise the payment made to small scale solar energy generators.
We already know our bills are loaded with green taxes. For those who have solar energy fitted, their bills will reduce whilst they gain a healthy income.
ARE THE PAYMENTS TAXABLE?
Payments made to you under the scheme are 100% tax free and index linked to RPI so they will keep up with rising inflation for 25 years.
WHAT IS THE CATCH IN HAVING SOLAR ENERGY?
There isn't one, but you have to make sure your solar energy installer is correctly certified and qualified. If your solar energy installer is not MCS certified, you will not be eligible for the payments.
WHAT IS MCS?
Microgeneration Certification Scheme is the quality assurance body who monitor certified companies with proven certified technologies. In the past 15- 20 years there have been many companies who try to mislead the public. A MCS certified solar energy installer approved by the scheme has gone through very stringent checks and tests before gaining their qualification.
HOW MUCH IS A SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEM?
Renewable Energy Systems sold as one size fits all are overpriced and always under perform.
Get solar energy facts as the Feed in Tariff Rate has been extremely confusing since the end of 2011, due to the Government attempt to change and decrease the existing Feed in Tariff Rate. The Governments challenge has been overruled in the Law Courts, but will change in 2012.
Solar Energy Manufacturers and Renewable Energy Installers have been influential in the outcome and have been successful in stabilising the UK Solar Industry by bringing prices in-line with the current rate, making a Solar Installation today one of the most attractive Financial Investments currently available.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:31 How to hook up Solar Panels (with battery bank) - simple 'detailed' instructions - DIY solar systemby desertsun02 Featured 149,202
- 1:08:50 The Truth Behind The Energy Lie(What The Energy Cartels Don't Want You To See) full movieby alan carnagey233,720 views
- 21:52 How much solar power is practical? What should you consider?by econewpower26,920 views
- 25:05 How to Solar Power Your Home / House #1 - On Grid vs Off Gridby mjlorton289,790 views
- 11:51 less than $1 a watt DIY MAKE YOUR OWN SOLAR PANEL (PART 1)by GREENPOWERSCIENCE1,120,785 views
- 9:04 Make Your Own Solar Cellby HadronMesons245,426 views
- 8:00 HOW TO BUY SOLAR PANELS. WHAT DO ALL THOSE CRAZY NUMBERS MEAN.by OBXSOLWIND27,061 views
- 14:30 Recycle for Solarby John Canivan171,454 views
- 3:06 12 year old boy genius invents new type of solarby jennojenno335,427 views
- pv-tv 354 videos1K
- 48:20 Solar Power Revolution - Here Comes The Sun -- Documentaryby GlobalClimateNews169,993 views
- 2:31 100 WATT SOLAR PANELS PART 1by thra5herxb12s37,730 views
- 7:46 diy solarby roger hegler75,580 views
- 6:36 SOLAR PANEL DIY WIRING CONFIGURATIONS SOLAR POWER DIY GRID FREE PANELS PHOTOVOLTAICby GREENPOWERSCIENCE454,967 views
- 29:20 Homemade Solar Panels Diy tutorial, complete buildby kurtscottage211,935 views
- 4:26 SOLAR HOT WATER with black garden hose Pondmaster 1200 gph SWIMMING POOL SOLARby GREENPOWERSCIENCE440,396 views
- 9:22 Photovoltaic solar panel installation (in HD)by Bob Kovacs69,373 views
- 4:02 DIY - Attempt at home made solar panels - Wasn't a good idea!!by rhandsom50,186 views
- 10:01 Solar Panels for Home - Solar Panels Costby WindEnergy7203,412 views
- 4:34 Australia's Energy Security - 24/7 Concentrated Solar Thermal Power plus Molten Salt Storage (CSP+)by 100pcRenewables165,096 views