Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 11, 2011
I just posted the high def version of this video as well as 3 more videos taken that night of the explosions never before seen. (The first video I got up for NBC national news, and they were in a hurry.) The high def verion of the above video is called FortWorthExplosions High Def. Here is the link...
Here are the other 3 videos not yet seen by anyone. Changing to bigger lenses. High def.
Thank you for not copying my videos. They are copyrighted materials. (They were as soon as I shot them) You may copy the link to direct people to my video and descriptions.
This is the aftermath of a pretty brutal thunderstorm in Fort Worth Texas on May 10, 2011. It was taken from my balcony on the 34th floor of a building in Fort Worth. Though I thought we were at war or was terrorism, it was a massive series of downed 12,470 volt power lines. As I took it with my 70-200 2.8L IS lens, it is farther away than it looks. (it is 5 miles away) That is why there are not explosion sounds. This was a very well documented event. I was on my balcony to take lightning pictures (Yes, not smart) and this started happening in front of me. I turned my camera (Canon 5d MkII) to video mode and let it roll.
I did just realize this evening that the video is doubled. (others pointed it out in their comments) One video is duplicated. It happened when I was reducing the file size. I would up with the video duplicated. I would like to fix it. (remove the second half) but don't think I can. I would have to delete and and post another. If somebody knows how I can edit the video (cut out the second half) please let me know. Anyway, I have way more than enough footage still unposted. I will start posting my other videos.
I have been reading the comments. I would like to answer some questions.
It is not fake. It is not doctored. (you are giving my video skills too much credit, thanks.) As you can see by all the other lights, it is not taken with an IR setup or something. It is simple a video of an expensive weather disaster. The explosions are along a 4 mile path. They look closer together because this was 5 miles away zoomed in. (News links inserted below)
If this was fake, I would have put in some good explosion sounds, not birds. (I probably could handle that technically.) This IS NOT FAKE IN ANY MANNER.
It is not a function of lens flair, though I do believe the rain made the illumination more visible than it would have been. What this video does not show well is that the clouds above were illuminated with it all.
I am prepared to have a lab analyze this video for authenticity. Believe me. What you are looking at is a video camera set up on my tripod on my balcony. Period. No colors added, not special effects, no sounds. I do not even know how to adjust a video for brightness or contrast. (I am a photo guy, not a video guy.)
Anybody doubting the facts only needs to check the news sources or the power company. (Oncor Electric) for verification. Luckily, hundreds of people watched it all. I have video of lots of emergency vehicle arriving to deal with the resultant fires.
Also, this is actually just 1 of 5 videos taken. I will post the others when I get time. I am not sure this is even the best video I have. Too easy to verify it all.
For all of you that complimented my video, and believe it is what is seems to be, thank you. NOT FAKE. 100% Real. Stand by for my other videos. I am not saying doubters do not have a right to doubt. Just that they are wrong. (by claiming fake really reaffirms how amazing the sight was.)
BTW, I did get my wife to reduce the file size of my video radically before I could squeeze it on to YOUTUBE without an error. (on her Mac i-video) My camera takes multi gig clips. It can only take videos for 4 minutes at a time before it overheats. (See Canon web site.)
Somebody said, "Why no reflection on the skyscraper in view?" Just the wrong angle. In one on my videos there is a reflection in the building from one of this blasts that was further to the left.
Standard YouTube License
- 12:40 If You Dont Believe Watch This- Recent Mass UFO Sightings 2011by ExtraterrestrialMind6,097,480 views
- 11:01 SOUND of HAARP WEAPON IN ACTION !!! SCARY Lights & Noise!! 2011by Matthew Marley2,381,712 views
- 9:45 Garden Grove UFO SIGHTING POLICE ESCORT, AMust See UFO Sighting thats Shocking.movby Izl Jr997,819 views
- 58:43 Lawrence Krauss on Q&A - Science vs Religion - 18 Feb 2013by thetomstudio319,539 views
- 10:01 NASA's Alien Anomalies caught on film - A compilation of stunning UFO footage from NASA's archivesby LunaCognita13,865,706 views
- 4:59 UFO 2011 The BEST UFO Evidence EVER captured on video January 2011by jfrissina7,459,178 views
- 13:05 The Best Chemistry EXPLOSIONS - Reactions Gone Wrong - Joe Geniusby joegeniusshow589,718 views
- 1:47 Obama Lies 7 Times In Under 2 Minutesby Wakeymedia310,182 views
- 2:40 What Happened To This Invention??by 7messenger71,479,039 views
- 14 videos Play all transformers blowby verlouria
- 2:33 Claudia Hidic, Fort Worth Teen, Shot And Killed While Robbing Houseby shawn Don30,696 views
- 12:40 You Dont Believe in UFOs? Watch This!!! - Recent Mass UFO Sightings 2011by Xzibit4you2see5,585,353 views
- 6:27 Strange lights in JAPANby thruthem137,624 views
- 1:28:53 Most BRUTAL Dubstep Drops ever! (90min.) 2012, HD!by FearDubstep13,428,088 views
- 4:09 FortWorthExplosions Spanish Versionby Jorge Villavicencio31,212 views
- 3:35 Exploding Power Poleby mrtmcfly169,939 views
- 28:38 MineCraft 10000 Nuke Explosionby FireRockerzstudios1,745,542 views
- 1:34 submarine?..shark?..UFO?? what the hell is it!!!by Menorenodutt2,321,832 views
- 2:43 Toll Booth Car Crash at DALLAS/FT. WORTH Airport [BEST QUALITY VIDEO AND PICTURES]by LYHOTSproductions342,985 views
- 0:34 Turbine engine explodesby t3n0r20094,033,385 views