chelsea walls poem
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 14, 2006
"I want to be a lost poem in a stranger's coat pocket, that conveys the importance of you.
To assure you of my desire, to assure you of dreams. I want all the possibilities of you in writing.
I want to give you your reflection, I want your eyes on me, I want to travel to the lightness with you and stay there, and I want everything before you...
...everything before you to follow us like a trail behind me.
I want never to say goodbye to you, even on the street corner or the phone.
I want, I want so much... I'm breathless.
I want to put my power into a poem to burn a hole in your pocket so I can sew it.
I want my words to scream through you. I want the poem not to mean that much.
And I want to contradict myself by accident, and for you to know what I mean.
I want you to be distant and for me to feel you close, I want endless days when it's day and... nighttime never to end when it's night.
I want all the seasons in one day. I want the sun to set before us and come up in front of us.
I want water up to our waists and to be drenched by the rain, up to our ankles with holes in our shoes.
...with holes in our shoes. I want to think your thoughts because they're mine.
I want only what's urgent with you.
I want to get in the way of the barriers and I want you to be a tough guy when you're supposed to,
like you do already.
...when you're supposed to. And I want you to be tender, like you do already.
And I want us to have met for a reason and I want that reason to be important.
And I want it to be bigger than us, I want it to take over us.
I want to forget. I want to remember us.
And when you say you love me I don't want to think you really mean New York City, and all the fun
we have in it.
And I want your smile always, and your grimaces too.
I want your scar on my lips, and I want your disappointments in my heart.
I want your strength in my soul and I want your soul in my eyes.
I want to believe everything you say, and I do.
And I want you to tell me what's best when I don't know.
And when you're lost I want to find you.
And when you're weary I want to give you steeples and cathedral thoughts and coliseum dreams.
I want to drag you from the darkness and kneel with you exhausted with the blinding light blaring on us... and..."
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Disco Doro-2 (Radio Mix)" on
- 1:24:54 Jeff Tweedy Solo Acoustic New York City 11/17/2005 Tribeca Performing Arts Centerby Tulser John11,560 views
- 1:32:23 WILCO - I am trying to break your heart (documentary)by limak7617,646 views
- 1:02:22 Jeff Tweedy - Acoustic Sessionsby illskamsarchive9,412 views
- 1:29:03 Wilco - A Ghost is Born [Full Album + Tour EP]by Gordon Freeman12,035 views
- 57:28 Wilco - Sky Blue Sky [Full Album]by Gordon Freeman35,815 views
- 23:46 Jeff Tweedy (and the Chicago Fire Dept.) on The Interview Showby Mark Bazer14,612 views
- 23:01 Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy in Studio Qby Q with Jian Ghomeshi20,172 views
- 200 videos Play all Movie: Trailersby DeepestSleep
- 9:00 House Finale - How They've Changedby FOXALLACCESS45,393 views
- 5:20 Dead Poets Society_Extra CLIP 1-1by icebergfor25,767 views
- 10:05 Tabare Cardozo en toca madera. parte 1by Esteban Frare12,126 views
- 6:20 Jeff Tweedy - Remember The Mountain Bed (Live at Farm Aid 25)by farmaid40,130 views
- 7:42 Robert Sean Leonardby Pluuug52,704 views
- 2:42 House - "The C-Word" EPK - Robert Sean Leonardby hughlauriefanDE6,773 views
- 52:01 Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (Full Album)by Hazmat481453,505 views
- 3:11 House Interview - Robert Sean Leonard and Lisa Edelsteinby Maya Stella39,473 views
- 2:31 House MD behind the scenes - photo shoot - whole castby HughLaurieFan9374,736 views
- 4:16 Hugh Laurie & Robert Sean Leonard "Gear Up For The End"by n1a1u10,835 views
- 1:33:04 Wilco Bonnaroo 2013 Live Full Concertby Joe C37,667 views
- 6:36 Hugh Laurie Weighs in on "House" Endingby enews261,603 views