This video is unavailable.
Om Mani Peme Hum - Tibetan Short Form (108 times)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 26, 2008
The Tibetan pronunciation of the mantra is: Om Mani Payme Hung.
Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus.
Hail to Him who is the Jewel in the Lotus.
Om, the Jewel in the Lotus, Hum. [Page 52]
In the Lotus, the world, exists the Jewel which is the Buddha's Doctrine.
*In the profundity of man's mind introspective meditation discovers the reality, deliverance, Nirvâna, Truth.
In the heart of phenomena the occultist discovers the supreme salvation.
Om Mani Padme Hum" is the short mantra of Chenrezig. [Also known as Avalokiteshvara in India, as Kuan-yin in China, and as Kannon in Japan.]
Whenever we are compassionate, or feel altruistic love for anyone, for an animal or any part of the natural world, we experience a taste of our own Chenrezig nature. Buddhists believe that we all share the same innate mind-nature of unconditional compassion and wisdom.
"Om Mani Padme Hum" is said that all the teachings of the Buddha are contained in this mantra.
The six syllables of this mantra close the doorways to rebirth in the lower realms of cyclic existence. The six syllables also contain the essence of the six perfections of generosity, ethical discipline, tolerance or patience, joyous effort, concentration and wise discrimination.
The Benefits of Chanting OM MANI PADME HUM
by Lama Zopa Rinpoche
"It is also mentioned in the tantras that by reciting this mantra you achieve the four qualities of being born in the Amitabha Buddha pure land and other pure lands; at the time of death, seeing Buddha and lights appearing in the sky; the devas making you offerings; and never being reborn in the hell, hungry ghost or animals realms. You will be reborn in the pure land of Buddha or as a happy transmigratory being.
When one who recites ten malas a day.... Such a person becomes meaningful to behold; being seen and touched becomes a means of liberating other sentient beings. This means that even the person's breath touching the bodies of other sentient beings purifies their negative karma. Anybody who drinks the water in which such a person has swum gets purified.
We are unbelievably fortunate to have met the Dharma and to have the opportunity to do recitation and meditation on the Compassion Buddha. It is an easy way of purifying whatever negative karma we have collected, in not only this life but in many previous lives as well.
Because we have met the Buddhadharma, and especially this methodthe practice of Compassion Buddha and recitation of his mantrait is easy to purify negative karma and collect extensive merit and thus to achieve enlightenment. We are unbelievably fortunate.
Therefore, there is nothing more foolish than not taking advantage of this great opportunity. Normally, we get continuously distracted and waste our lives. Not only that, but all the actions done with ego and with the three poisonous minds of anger, attachment and ignorance create negative karma, the cause of suffering. In all existence, there is nothing more foolish than using this perfect human body to create only suffering.
The mantra OM MANI PADME HUNG
-OM represents the body of all Buddhas;
-MANI means 'jewel';
-PADME, means "lotus";
-HUNG represents the mind of all Buddhas;
MANI refers to the jewel that Chenrezig holds in his two central hands and PADME to the lotus he holds in his second left hand. Saying MANI PADME names Chenrezig through his attributes: "the one who holds the jewel and the lotus." "Chenrezig" or "Jewel Lotus" are two names for the same deity.
When we recite this mantra we are in fact continually repeating the name of Chenrezig. In itself this exercise may look strange. ...this mantra is invested by the grace and power of the mind of Chenrezig who himself gathers the grace and compassion of all the Buddhas and bodhisattvas. ... the mantra is endowed with the capacity to purify our mind from the veils that obscure it. The mantra opens the mind to love and compassion and leads it toward awakening.
Chant is by lama gyurme, thanks to spasserbente (Denmark)
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Tibetan Mountain Villages" on
- 24:02 Om Mani Padme Hum - Original Extended Version.wmvby ellisoninwonderlandFeatured 4,355,282
- 48:29 Om Mani Pad Me Hum - Sanskritby DYM510 324,795 views
- 23:58 Om Mani Pad Me Humby zul bayar 1,174,831 views
- 40:19 Mantra of Avalokiteshvara, Om Mani Padme Hum, Prajna-paramita Hrdayaby Metta Karuna 635,014 views
- 50:12 Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha 108 Times Ganesh Mantraby toneyrahulsharma 1,053,707 views
- 9:29 OM MANI PADME HUM. BELLÍSIMOby Patricia Sáez Campos 45,057 views
- 6:58 Avalokiteshvara - Special Mantra of Compassionby allinthemind 213,413 views
- 5:28 Description and Recital Om Mani Padme Humby jtreble 37,185 views
- 9:56 OSHO: Silence Over Tibet - the Music of OMby OSHOInternational 298,537 views
- 19 videos Play all Om Mani Peme Hungby sarahelena
- 23:55 OM MANI PADME HUM ... ..Buddhist Mantra !.........A NEW LIFE !by chenshi56 147,607 views
- 8:29 Gayatri Mantraby Enigma1990ad 14,498,396 views
- 5:54 OMby Lucio Boliver 1,244,368 views
- 5:36 "Om Jai Shiv Omkara" - Lord Shiva Aartiby weirdindia 3,616,072 views
- 8:30 Medicine Buddha Mantra (with words)by adeline108 1,952,016 views
- 8:10 Om Namah Shivaya (DHUN) ( a must listen )by thebless4ever 6,903,874 views
- 5:01 Buddha's Lost Children - Om Mani Padme Humby boardergirl20 72,530 views
- 8:03 Om Mani Padme Hum - Deva Premalby bklynsam 389,951 views
- 3:31 Powerful Healing Mantraby TalesOfALifetime 1,095,502 views
- 8:21 Medicine Buddha Mantraby Paco Mozos 486,017 views
- 7:06 Om Mani Padme Humby Summer Rain 194,780 views
- Loading more suggestions...