Claptone - Wrong | Exploited
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 18, 2013
Beginning of 2012 a new name appeared on the international dancefloor: CLAPTONE (artist of the year 2012 in German Trendcharts DCC).
The track 'CREAM' became the worldwide Top Track (No.2) of Beatport in the category Deep House and was among the Top 10 of the most charted tracks for 2012 on Resident Advisor.
The new year brings 2 more surehots for the clubs: WRONG & NO EYES featuring JAW from dOP.
Early support by Tensnake, Solomun, Noir, Laurent Garnier, DJ T...
In a now long forgotten world, many generations ago, a bird like shape emerged from wooded darkness, floating and fluttering, drifting and dreaming. Backlit by a bright glow of iridescent light, the undecipherable form wore a dazzling golden mask. Its long beak swooped down like an inverted horn and since then, people have referred to the mythical being simply as Claptone.
Years spending wandering medieval landscapes have informed Claptone's view of the world, experiencing both magical mystery and muted melancholy he enchanted onlookers with occult instruments and beguiling sounds. Forever surrounded by a sense of intrigue, the world soon cottoned on to the elusive yet enchanting musical powers of this otherworldly beast. The results are that today his shamanistic sonic powers take him all around the world.
Whilst Claptone has continued to roam in his own circles, 2012AD proved to be a year dominated by his infectious 'Cream' track. It became an immediate hit, topping new world charts at Beatport and RA, whilst the sonic conjuring of the 'Night On Fire' EP also lured all those who heard it, with the result another Top 20 hit. But that's not all, for the creativity flows freely in our hero, and his 'Another Night' also proved to be just as successful on the dancefloor. Deep and woozy, the Claptone sound pairs theatre with tragedy, feel good vibes with acute melancholia and imbues each groove with a Rhodes laced funk, an organic string hook and myriad earthy elements.
Up to the present day, Claptone releases have been birthed on Germany's influential Exploited label, picking up props from the likes of Pete Tong, DJ Sneak, Soul Clap, DJ Hell, Jesse Rose, A-Trak along the way. Who or whatever Claptone is, it is alive, with a life of its own, evolving and revolving in equal measure, exploring new sounds naturally and forever taking inspiration from long gone and occult worlds.
So far, esteemed and influential dancefloors at clubs in Berlin, London, Paris, Melbourne, Shanghai, New York and many others around the world have fallen under the sonic spell of this secretive alchemist. The future is unpredictable for Claptone, but a new release 'Wrong' including the track 'No Eyes' with the inimitable JAW from French funsters dOP is on the horizon. Beyond that, your guess is as good as ours...
Some early feedbacks:
DJ-Mag: Part transcendental house, part pop. Lush!
Tensnake: Two tracks that will sure fill the dancefloors. Great piano/strings breakdown always work in a club.
Noir: Both tracks are good. Claptone keep the quality high.
Round Table Knights: Bang Bang!!! No Eyes is sooo good! Claptone as always on fire!!!
Ralf Kollmann: Wow! Mutig, aber spielbar und wird funken. Hot! Hot! Hot!
Andre Crom: And another 2 massive bombs. Love it, Will chart and play both tracks.
Laurent Garnier: Wrong is a cool track.
Waifs & Strays: Both tracks are killer...thanks!
Freeform Five: No Eyes is great.
Kasper Bjoerke: Mainfloor Bomb!!!
Munk: Works well for sure.. :) Cool.
Zombie Disco Squad: Claptone always deliver.
Jesse Perez: Wrong sounds dope! Nicely produced.
Jerry Bouthier: Nice melodic vibes. Supporting.
Doctor Dru: No Eyes is mine! Cheers to Claptone. Looking forward to play.
M.in: Great release! No Eyes is pretty cool!
Kiki: Heard both by the man himself on NYE and yeah - they both rocked! Wrong is fun!
Hannah Holland: Wicked release. In love with Jaw's vocal.
Thyladomid: No Eyes!!!:)
Acid Pauli: I have No Eyes, but there's nothing wrong about it...I still can dance.
Sinden: No Eyes is the jam for me here.
Tom Flynn: Thanks, will try out for sure.
Stefano Ritteri: Wong is SO good!! Claptone dont miss ze beats!!
Homework: The whole Chris-Isaak-Wicked-Games vibe on No Eyes is absolutely fantastic.
Fred Everything: Nice EP
The Mekanism: Nice!
La Fleur: Cool release, will try it out this weekend! :) Thank you!
NTFO: Wrong is so good ! Solid pack again from Exploited thank you!
Standard YouTube License
- 7:03 Claptone - No Eyes feat. Jaw | Exploitedby Exploited RecordsFeatured 754,839
- 6:31 Claptone: Cream | Exploitedby Exploited Records 198,732 views
- 6:31 Claptone - Shook (Exploited)by Exploitedrec 32,320 views
- 7:05 Claptone - Wrong | Exploitedby Exploited Records 255,364 views
- 1:19:33 Deep House Mix 2013 HDby Owen Smith 724,063 views
- 18:50 The Ultimate Fails Compilation ✔by Funny Videos Archive 59,870,516 views
- 8 videos Play all claptoneby hanoxx2
- 7:30 Adana Twins - Strange (Acid Pauli & NU Remix) | Exploitedby Exploited Records 260,103 views
- 3:42 Doctor Dru - The Voice of Dru | Exploitedby Exploited Records 326,707 views
- 7:15 Tube & Berger - Imprint Of Pleasure (Original Mix)by Suara Music 188,374 views
- 3:25 Claptone - Another Night | Exploitedby Exploited Records 27,499 views
- 4:00 Doctor Dru - Foolish | Exploitedby Exploited Records 123,199 views
- 7:23 Finnebassen - Bella (Original Mix)by MrDeepSense 170,139 views
- 3:32 Doctor Dru & Adana Twins - Juicy Fruit | Exploitedby Exploited Records 690,262 views
- 56:47 Deep House 2013 Mix ( Mixed by Javi Row )by Javi Row Channel 130,826 views
- 8:24 Nolan feat. Amber Jolene ~ Go Slow (Finnebassen Remix)by Elena Christou 1,119,595 views
- 7:11 Oliver Koletzki - Bring Me Home (Original Mix)by IoLoSo StyLe .!. (9) 587,625 views
- 7:23 Tube & Berger - Imprint Of Pleasure (Original Mix)by TheIoLoSo5 941,435 views
- 9:35 Nu - MAN O TO (Original Mix)by TheIoLoSo9 267,617 views
- 5:16 Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)by Active Melody Electro 188,697 views
- 9:35 Nu - MAN O TO (Original Mix).wmvby TECHNO.POEΤ 534,093 views
- Loading more suggestions...