Claptone - Wrong | Exploited
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jan 18, 2013
Beginning of 2012 a new name appeared on the international dancefloor: CLAPTONE (artist of the year 2012 in German Trendcharts DCC).
The track 'CREAM' became the worldwide Top Track (No.2) of Beatport in the category Deep House and was among the Top 10 of the most charted tracks for 2012 on Resident Advisor.
The new year brings 2 more surehots for the clubs: WRONG & NO EYES featuring JAW from dOP.
Early support by Tensnake, Solomun, Noir, Laurent Garnier, DJ T...
In a now long forgotten world, many generations ago, a bird like shape emerged from wooded darkness, floating and fluttering, drifting and dreaming. Backlit by a bright glow of iridescent light, the undecipherable form wore a dazzling golden mask. Its long beak swooped down like an inverted horn and since then, people have referred to the mythical being simply as Claptone.
Years spending wandering medieval landscapes have informed Claptone's view of the world, experiencing both magical mystery and muted melancholy he enchanted onlookers with occult instruments and beguiling sounds. Forever surrounded by a sense of intrigue, the world soon cottoned on to the elusive yet enchanting musical powers of this otherworldly beast. The results are that today his shamanistic sonic powers take him all around the world.
Whilst Claptone has continued to roam in his own circles, 2012AD proved to be a year dominated by his infectious 'Cream' track. It became an immediate hit, topping new world charts at Beatport and RA, whilst the sonic conjuring of the 'Night On Fire' EP also lured all those who heard it, with the result another Top 20 hit. But that's not all, for the creativity flows freely in our hero, and his 'Another Night' also proved to be just as successful on the dancefloor. Deep and woozy, the Claptone sound pairs theatre with tragedy, feel good vibes with acute melancholia and imbues each groove with a Rhodes laced funk, an organic string hook and myriad earthy elements.
Up to the present day, Claptone releases have been birthed on Germany's influential Exploited label, picking up props from the likes of Pete Tong, DJ Sneak, Soul Clap, DJ Hell, Jesse Rose, A-Trak along the way. Who or whatever Claptone is, it is alive, with a life of its own, evolving and revolving in equal measure, exploring new sounds naturally and forever taking inspiration from long gone and occult worlds.
So far, esteemed and influential dancefloors at clubs in Berlin, London, Paris, Melbourne, Shanghai, New York and many others around the world have fallen under the sonic spell of this secretive alchemist. The future is unpredictable for Claptone, but a new release 'Wrong' including the track 'No Eyes' with the inimitable JAW from French funsters dOP is on the horizon. Beyond that, your guess is as good as ours...
Some early feedbacks:
DJ-Mag: Part transcendental house, part pop. Lush!
Tensnake: Two tracks that will sure fill the dancefloors. Great piano/strings breakdown always work in a club.
Noir: Both tracks are good. Claptone keep the quality high.
Round Table Knights: Bang Bang!!! No Eyes is sooo good! Claptone as always on fire!!!
Ralf Kollmann: Wow! Mutig, aber spielbar und wird funken. Hot! Hot! Hot!
Andre Crom: And another 2 massive bombs. Love it, Will chart and play both tracks.
Laurent Garnier: Wrong is a cool track.
Waifs & Strays: Both tracks are killer...thanks!
Freeform Five: No Eyes is great.
Kasper Bjoerke: Mainfloor Bomb!!!
Munk: Works well for sure.. :) Cool.
Zombie Disco Squad: Claptone always deliver.
Jesse Perez: Wrong sounds dope! Nicely produced.
Jerry Bouthier: Nice melodic vibes. Supporting.
Doctor Dru: No Eyes is mine! Cheers to Claptone. Looking forward to play.
M.in: Great release! No Eyes is pretty cool!
Kiki: Heard both by the man himself on NYE and yeah - they both rocked! Wrong is fun!
Hannah Holland: Wicked release. In love with Jaw's vocal.
Thyladomid: No Eyes!!!:)
Acid Pauli: I have No Eyes, but there's nothing wrong about it...I still can dance.
Sinden: No Eyes is the jam for me here.
Tom Flynn: Thanks, will try out for sure.
Stefano Ritteri: Wong is SO good!! Claptone dont miss ze beats!!
Homework: The whole Chris-Isaak-Wicked-Games vibe on No Eyes is absolutely fantastic.
Fred Everything: Nice EP
The Mekanism: Nice!
La Fleur: Cool release, will try it out this weekend! :) Thank you!
NTFO: Wrong is so good ! Solid pack again from Exploited thank you!
Standard YouTube License
- 3:15 Clean Bandit - Rihanna feat. Noonie Bao [HD]by electro posé Featured 17,492
- 7:03 Claptone - No Eyes feat. Jaw | Exploitedby Exploitedrec1,944,042 views
- 6:31 Claptone - Shook (Exploited)by Exploitedrec99,760 views
- 6:31 Claptone: Cream | Exploitedby Exploitedrec264,531 views
- 7:30 Adana Twins - Strange (Acid Pauli & NU Remix) | Exploitedby Exploitedrec707,220 views
- 127 videos Play all The SongS
- 2:01:07 New Electro & House 2013 Dance Mix #75by ElectroDanceMovement607,628 views
- 1:20:02 Deep House Mix Vol 2. 2013 HDby Owen Smith1,555,647 views
- 56:47 Deep House 2013 Mix (Mixed by Javi Row)by Javi Row Channel377,403 views
- 1:16:39 MDB - BEAUTIFUL VOICES 036 (SUNLOUNGER a.k.a. DJ SHAH SP. ED. 3) [HQ]by MrOgniszon174,474 views
- 1:27:42 Deep House Mix Vol. 3 2013 HDby Owen Smith1,740,991 views
- 11:36 Germany vs Argentina Highlights World Cup 2010by MekishikojinH1,131,976 views
- 7:08 Daniel Fernandes - After All (Original Mix)by TheIoLoSo91,817,697 views
- 4:06 Me Niegas (Remix)by BabyRastaGringoVEVO194,912 views
- 8:19 Nurb - Depressão pós-fim de fériasby MyNameIsNurb292,487 views
- 6:33 Claptone - Weekend (Original Mix)by djrescue03027,094 views
- 4:20 Nicky Romero - Toulouseby karamba72889,337,420 views
- 9:49 Bernat Guardia - THE WEEK - DOWNHILL Pro Racer 2010by basilicostudio768,603 views
- 8:46 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series: The German Muscle Car - Ignition Episode 27by MotorTrend851,053 views
- 4:09 SAIL - AWOLNATIONby Nanalew83,338,289 views