Dahlback Golf RSI 1200BHP on race track.flv
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 2, 2008
2.1 20v I5 dahlbackracing Golf RSI from Sweden ...
GOLF RSI SPECIFICATION:
From interview with HANS DAHLBACK dahlbackracing owner:
Yes, the infamous Golf may be able to put out 1,200 horsepower. Possibly. The story that comes from Hans Dahlback, the owner of Dahlback Racing and the mastermind behind these insane cars, is that the car, when running on a dyno that bolts to the hubs, produced well over 850 hp to the wheels at around 8,000 rpm before the dyno started reading errors--and the car revs to upward of 11,000 rpm. Using a 15 percent drivetrain-loss calculation, at 8,000 rpm the car was over 1,000 flywheel horsepower. I'm making an educated guess that the car produced another few ponies in the 3,000 rpm that followed.
Considering Dahlback claims the motor pulls strong until just under 11,000 rpm--with the power increasing dramatically in the last couple thousand rpm--it's reasonable to assume, considering the extent the motor's power curve was climbing at the point the dyno stopped reading, that the car would have likely gained another 100 or 200 horses in the remaining available revs. You also have to keep in mind that Dahlback massively underpromises any horsepower claim. I was told by various people at Dahlback's shop that the Golf was producing significantly more than 850 wheel horsepower on the dyno, but Dahlback would only confirm 850-plus hp, and thus that is what I worked my calculations from.
And yes, the car shoots flames out the side exit exhaust during deceleration.
It was snowing most of the time I was in Sweden, so I didn't get to go for a ride in the monster Golf, but I did watch quite a bit of track footage of the car running in Stockholm--from what I saw, the car most definitely produces 1,200 hp. What I did get to do, however, was rip the nose piece off the Golf, put the car on a lift, and investigate why this VW is so freaking fast.
Dahlbackracing golf RSI mkIV,quattro(torsen differential) with (Big single "KKK" turbo) 2.1 20v inline 5 audi engine from s1 quattro sport...
compression ratio 8.8:1
Estimated max power is 1200bhp+ at 11000rpm(rototest fail at 850bhp at 8000rpm)
engine produce pounce of power in range between 8000rpm to 11000rpm!!!
below 8000 rpm engine fall to turbo lag!
The overall weight of the car is about 1440 kg.
NOTE: This test was made with only 2.3 bar boost.Max power is 3.2bar!!!
for customers dahlbackracing sell golf rsi with 600-900bhp depending on the choice of turbo and setup!
customers version is developing max power in range between 7800rpm-8200rpm!!!
more info at www.dahlbackracing.com
Standard YouTube License
- 8:08 Dahlbäcks Monster Golf (830 hk)by Mattias Risberg313,852 views
- 6:22 6 Peoples Reactions to the CRAZY 900hp 3Dx Evoby 1320video13,045,802 views
- 12:55 The Best car tuning in Thailandby TM Min180,611 views
- 6:14 dhalback vw golf 1050bhpby TURBO172STEVE107,309 views
- 10:01 Super car driver idiots [NO pics, only videos]by tendency82hotmailcom20,713,563 views
- 3:37 Saw 3D (The Horsepower Trap)by ItWasYourTest311,315 views
- 40 videos Play all tuningby quentin541
- 37:06 Car & Vehicle Win / Fail Compilationby priceman14110,399,607 views
- 16:28 Electric SuperChargers Mythbustedby Mighty Car Mods1,425,669 views
- 8:35 Snowdrift: Volvo S60 Polestar (with a bit of C63 AMG). And a drag race. - /CHRIS HARRIS ON CARSby /DRIVE768,438 views
- 4:25 Mom's Reaction to 1250WHP Twin Turbo Gallardoby RobertHimler10,607,310 views
- 2:13 Audi Sport Quattro (Dahlbäck 560hp) at Vaaler Racewayby 80sAudiSport328,176 views
- 1:43 Dahlbackracing Golf RSI 1200 WHP+ 2.1 20v turboby odzadze12354,093 views
- 39:56 Car & Vehicle Win / Fail Compilation PART 2by priceman1414,205,080 views
- 14:37 HD : Hans Dahlbäck Garage in detail Porsche 911 GT2 (997) "HD", VW Golf RSI and Yakahosu R1 Quad:by m5boarddotcom70,373 views
- 3:40 VW Golf GTI W12-650by autocarvideos5,262,139 views
- 13:42 How To Upgrade Your Turboby Mighty Car Mods709,398 views
- 2:08 Audi Sport Quattro Dahlbäck Racing 560 Hpby AudiStyle441,585,302 views
- 9:45 1969 Camaro SS Twin Turbo Supercharged Nitrous Breathing Monsterby ScottieDTV5,944,697 views
- 9:36 The 450 HP Crawford Performance Turbo BRZ - /TUNEDby /DRIVE814,985 views