Published on Nov 28, 2012
Just purchased WRC 3 (http://www.wrcthegame.com/) and wanted to get a quick video online since I'm going to be gone for the next 3 days at DirtFish Rally School in Snoqualmie, WA driving real Group 'N' Subaru's (www.dirtfish.com).
-Things I like about the game-
1) Driving physicals are pretty good
2) Stages are very challenging and lots of obstacles and uneven surfaces
3) Feels closer to Richard Burns Rally then DiRT 3 (obviously)
-Things I don't like about the game-
1) Doesn't support nVidia surround (hopefully they will fix that)
2) Significant input lag from my steering wheel, I don't get this in iRacing or DiRT 3
- This may just be the wheel animation lagging because the car control feels great
3) Sound isn't that good in my opinion
4) Expensive (~$47 US)
I wanted a game to help me actually practice left foot breaking and lift turning and the game responds very much like a real car. DiRT 3 doesn't feel like a real car in most situations (but still great fun to play). I hope that logging a few hours on the sim tonight will help me bring back that muscle memory needs to be successful at the 3-day class which always ends with driving at speed through the woods (white knuckles) This show is an independent production of Jerry Berg (aka Barnacules). Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, friends, or any companies mentioned in the show.