BSN Headline News for July 16, 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 15, 2012
Today's top story is Bon Secours Health System Joins Hero Health Hire. Why join Hero Health Hire? To promote employment of America's wounded warriors and veterans.
On Wednesday July 11, 2012 Bon Secours Health System announced that we joined Hero Health Hire, a coalition of healthcare companies that have joined forces to employ wounded warriors and veterans.
The program was launched in Washington DC at a 2011 industry summit that included the US Secretary of Labor, members of Congress, and representatives of a number of government agencies and military.
Hero Health Hire includes companies, associations, and hospitals from across the spectrum of health care that collectively employ hundreds of thousands of employees.
Our goal...is to work together to help veterans find and retain jobs in health care.
According to CEO Rich Statuto, "Bon Secours Health System is pleased to be a part of Hero Health Hire. We are always looking for qualified, talented candidates to join our growing health care ministry and we are prepared to support veterans as they transition into our workplaces."
Each month, tens of thousands of "wounded warriors" -- brave men and women in our military who have been injured or become ill during service -- transition out of the military, only to struggle in the civilian workforce.
The health care industry includes insurers, health plans, pharmacy and specialty benefit management companies, healthcare transportation companies and hospital systems.
And the industry is considered the fastest growing industry in our economy, requiring talented individuals to help meet multi-generational health care needs.
Since its inception, Hero Health Hire has recruited industry partners representing more than 750,000 employees with worksites in every U.S. state.
You can read the complete press release on the BSHSI Intranet website IRIS. Just look for BSHSI News on the IRIS welcome page.
In other news as we approach the end of fiscal year 2012 and the beginning our fiscal year 2013, we here at BSN Headline News like to take a look at some of our stated goals in the BSHSI Strategic Quality Plan.
And since fiscal year 2013 also ushers in a new SQP, we thought this might be a good time to start talking about the Strategic Quality Plan.
And to help us out, we enlisted the services of Bon Secours's CEO Rich Statuto.
We recently had an opportunity to hear Rich speak to a group about the 2013 to 2015 SQP. Here's just a portion of that talk...
Statuto on Mission and Vision
For the next serveral broadcasts we will bring you other portions of Rich's talk about the 2013 to 2015 SQP so that you might be better aquainted with Bon Secours' goals for the next 3 years.
Finally, one of Bon Secours' previous SQP goals was to bring communities to health and wholeness. Our 2013 to 2015 SQP has a continuation of that goal that simply reads...bring our communities to wholeness.
We recently had a chance to visit with our friends and collegues at Bon Secours St. Francis Health System in Greenville SC to learn more about their ongoing work in the Sterling Community.
Bon Secours St. Francis Health System Director of Community Relationship Building Maxim Williams was kind enough to give us a tour of the Sterling Community in Greenville SC. Here is a small portion of the tour.
You can find out more about the Sterling Community and Bon Secours Healthy Communities online at ww.BSHSI.org.
Look for the Healthy Communities link in the Quick links section for the website.
And we'll be talking more about all of the Bon Secours Healthy Community intiatives in upcoming editions of BSN Headline News.
Bon Secours St. Francis Health System and healthy communities initiatives. Collaborating with local residents to bring our communities to wholeness.
Well, that's it for this week. Stay tuned to this portal for future up to the minute information on these and other stories on BSN Headline News. I'm Dave Schlachter. Thanks for joining us.
Standard YouTube License
- 14:06 BERITASATU THE HEADLINE JOKOWI SELANGKAH LAGI SEGMEN 1by adi prasetya 279 views
- 9:46 CNN Student News - 3/12/13by CNN 17,011 views
- 9:35 On Meet The Press, Romney Advisor Ed Gillespie Says Mitt Was "Retroactively Retired" From Bainby ovelizin 342 views
- 17:59 Rep. Raul R. Labrador on "Meet the Press" 7/31/2011 - Part 1by RepLabrador 382 views
- 5:18 VOA Tibetan Headline News April 29, 2013by VOAKunleng 1,574 views
- 3:23 Every Day is an Earth Day @ St. Francisby BonSecoursStFrancis 3,124 views
- 1:19 Studio News Setby Bruce Aleksander 1,265 views
- 53:58 World Over - 2012-08-30 - Bill Donohue, Wendy Long, ENCORE Mitt Romney Exclusive with Raymond Arroyoby EWTN 2,144 views
- 12:06 CNN Headline News: Headline Habit Promosby FacesByCynthia 92 views
- 1:13:59 Infowars Nightly News for Thursday, April 5, 2012by Freedom4Fresno 284 views
- 10:31 CNN Student News - 2/15/13by CNN 11,459 views
- 8:14 Morning News (Metro TV)by wofssingapore 24,544 views
- 2:18 US Health Care: The Good News - PREVIEWby photopiaproductions 3,286 views
- 8:52 Meet the Press 15/07/2012 Part 3by ten 261 views
- 7:54 Berita Satu Insight Indonesiaby JHGadmin 345 views
- 4:01 NF5 News: Country Singer Lucas Hoge Turns Dying Woman's Poem Into Songby newsfirst5 3,075 views
- 1:36 Kobaran Api di Hutan IPB Sudah Padamby hpgwfahutanipb 232 views
- 14:58 Talent: Making People Your Competitive Advantage, by Edward E Lawler - We Read For Youby USBExecEd 629 views
- 25:01 Morsi and the New Republic in Egypt-Middle East Today-06-29-2012by PressTVGlobalNews 793 views
- 1:47 dewi kencana putri (berita berbahasa inggris)by 87syarif 16,535 views
- Loading more suggestions...