hotel room workout
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 9, 2007
CLICK HERE for a FREE WORKOUT!!
I was once stuck in a tiny hotel room in Sydney, Australia, but still able to do a great total body bodyweight workout. And Im going to share that fat burning workout with you today so that you can workout anytime, anywhere.
There are a number of reasons travellers have for skipping workouts, including not enough time, the gym isn't open 24 hours, or maybe your hotel doesn't even have a gym. If any of these reasons hold true, then you can easily and quickly get your exercise in with this bodyweight hotel room.
I always like to start my bodyweight workouts with a squatting exercise. Now the choice is yours if you'd like to do a prisoner squat or a Y-squat. However, choose one where your arms are up in the air so as to get your back involved in the exercise as well.
While performing the squat, be sure to keep your elbows back and squeeze your shoulder blades together. As you are squatting simulate the sitting-in-a-chair motion. If regular squats are too difficult, then you can always use the bed to squat down onto. Perform 10 repetitions for this exercise.
Another great exercise to warm-up the body is the push-up and so you can do these for 10 repetitions. If you're a beginner, then you can use the bed and do incline push ups. By leaning against the bed, you are taking some of the weight off, thus, making the push-up easier to perform.
Unfortunately, there isn't anything in the hotel room where you can do inverted rows to work the upper back, so instead you'll do stick-ups for 10 repetitions. Be sure to keep your shoulder blades squeezed together and your elbows and wrists back while performing this exercise. Tuck your elbows in to your sides and then back up. This is a good exercise for increasing the mobility in the back of your shoulders.
So you've now done 3 bodyweight exercises to warm up your entire body. Now you're ready to get started.
For the first exercise, you'll do a step-up onto the bed. If you want to make this exercise a little bit harder, then you can always drop down before you come up onto the bed, also known as the deep step-up. The deeper you go, the more it is going to work the back of your leg.
This is a very powerful exercise and a very good single leg strength exercise that you can do in your hotel room. If you are advanced, then complete 15 repetitions for one leg and then switch over to the other side. Intermediates can do 12 repetitions, and beginners can do 8-10 repetitions.
After the step-ups you will move to an upper body exercise known as the close-grip push-up. With your hands shoulder width apart, tuck your elbows into your sides and perform a push-up for 5-25 repetitions. Alternatively, if you'd like, then you can do a wide grip push-up. This exercise in particular forces your abdominals to work harder.
I just want to heed caution to those of you who might like to perform a series of dips using the bed. Don't do it! When you do the dip exercise with your arms behind you, you are placing a lot of stress on the joint and are much more susceptible to suffering a shoulder injury.
With that out of the way, the next exercise you will do in the bodyweight hotel room workout is the split squat. With one leg in front and one behind, drop straight down, doing 5-15 repetitions. Once you've done all the repetitions for one side, switch to the other side and repeat.
Another great exercise for the lower body that you can do in your hotel room is Good Mornings or Waiter's Bow. This exercise really works the hamstrings and so you can do 8-15 repetitions. So, for this exercise, you want to push you hips back, keep your chest up, squeeze your glutes and come back up.
To finish off the hotel room workout, you will do an exercise known as the Spiderman climb. This bodyweight exercise is going to work your abdominals. To get in position, start from the top of a push-up position, and then bring one foot up next to your hand, or however far your flexibility will allow. Return your foot to the original position and alternate sides. Repeat this for 10 repetitions per side.
So with your bodyweight hotel room workouts, you are really only limited a little bit by your equipment, but mainly by your imagination in using all the bodyweight exercises I use in the more of my classic bodyweight workouts.
Visit Turbulence Training to get your FREE sample fat burning workout. Click here to get started:
And to get access to the #1 weight loss secret of social support and to ask Craig Ballantyne your weight loss questions, visit the Turbulence Training Membership site here:
For the most effective exercises to burn belly fat and get ripped abs, visit:
To see real people just like you lose weight fast, visit:
Standard YouTube License
- 10:29 Hot! Hotel Room Workoutby charliejames1975Featured 571,168
- 3:16 Bodyweight Exercises to Burn Fat Without Cardio Exerciseby cbathletics 441,988 views
- 2:58 Hotel Room Workoutsby cbathletics 25,320 views
- 3:53 BIG 5 FAT BURNING EXERCISESby cbathletics 795,018 views
- 4:25 BODYWEIGHT CARDIOby cbathletics 237,768 views
- 2:49 Greg Plitt - GregPlitt.com Hotel Room Workout Previewby Greg Plitt 130,099 views
- 24:31 The Official FULL Length "300 Spartan Workout" ft. Scott Hermanby ScottHermanFitness 789,198 views
- 15:24 High-Intensity No Equipment Workoutby KIMFitness 103,754 views
- 10:24 10 minutes in the morning (full body workout)by Sovanna Di 999,013 views
- 4:38 Weightless Workouts/Living Room Workout Videoby nick89697 17,231 views
- 2:50 15 minute Extreme Full Body Home Workout ( Using just 5 Movements )by moricestreet909 2,359,671 views
- 21:10 My Chest Workout- Scott Hermanby ScottHermanFitness 4,068,716 views
- 5:13 Hotel Room Workoutby paulmort 5,539 views
- 5:14 Chris Comfort's Push Up Workout Part Iby fordmodels 1,003,509 views
- 3:44 How To Workout Your Abs Without Buying Stupid Crapby JackDanyells 433,103 views
- 5:29 Hotel Room Workouts Bodyweight Exercisesby cbathletics 17,658 views
- 3:26 Spartan 300 Workout & 300 Training DVDby WorldMartialArts 2,519,735 views
- 5:54 fat loss interval trainingby cbathletics 500,935 views
- 5:26 3 MINUTE ARM WORKOUTby cbathletics 89,879 views
- 14:21 15-Minute Abs Workoutby elfersp 5,452,707 views
- Loading more suggestions...