Part 1 - Archbishop John Nienstedt 's Message to Catholics on Marriage
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 23, 2010
This is Part 1 of a two-part educational program on preserving marriage in Minnesota sent to Catholic households throughout the state. Bishops of Minnesota's six dioceses have launched this educational program in response to legislation, introduced earlier this year in the Minnesota state legislature that would change the definition of marriage.
The educational materials include an introductory letter from each local bishop and a DVD video. The video features a brief statement from The Most Reverend John Nienstedt, Archbishop of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, that reviews Catholic teaching on marriage and describes current challenges to this centuries' old institution.
It also includes a 12 minute program entitled "One Man, One Woman-Marriage and the Common Good "produced by the Knights of Columbus.
"Thirty one states have adopted constitutional amendments preserving the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman", explained Christopher Leifeld, Executive Director of the Minnesota Catholic Conference. "Protecting marriage in this way benefits children, families and the common good of society itself. The Minnesota Catholic Bishops agree that Minnesota should follow this lead and let the people of Minnesota decide this issue rather than judges or legislatures."
The six bishops of Minnesota support and have endorsed this educational effort begun today, teaching the fullness of the Catholic tradition and faith regarding marriage , which is both their obligation and privilege " Leifeld continued. " They bear witness to a truth that is given by God in the natural order of creation and confirmed by divine revelation in scripture, namely that marriage has always been and should continue to be a union of one man and one woman."
Standard YouTube License
- 2:02 10 Reasons Gay Marriage is Wrongby cambaretteqcFeatured 323,535
- 12:16 Part 2 - One Man, One Womanby MnCatholic 6,764 views
- 9:21 Incredible Priest Fr. Rodriguez Defends Catholic Teaching On Marriageby ChristianFirefighter 15,290 views
- 7:50 "The View"--Argues over Gay Marriageby RandomClips2008 765,608 views
- 7:42 Catholic TV - Why Gay Marriage is impossibleby havock89 18,982 views
- 28:59 Breaking Through Strongholdsby Nicholas Duncan-Williams 105,247 views
- 58:03 Bishop Duncan Williams @ rauch ministries, Ancestral Curses 2aby joekrampah 37,127 views
- 2:46:09 '' Prophetic word - PRAYER movement ''- Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams at WWIC Tampaby valentina kanich 133,162 views
- 5:50 Fr. Barron comments on Marriage and Relationshipsby Word on Fire Video Commentary 51,187 views
- 28:31 The Power of Prayer with Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williamsby Paula White 47,157 views
- 5:16 Catholic Orthodox Christians are one -United Christianityby UnitedChristianity 150,989 views
- 12:50 Rachel Maddow On Minnesota's Anti-Gay Marriage Constitutional Amendmentby SuchIsLifeVideos's channel 33,206 views
- 6:01 Controversial Anti-Gay Marriage DVDby SuchIsLifeVideos's channel 10,795 views
- 10:05 Pray Again Archbishop Duncan Williamsby matthew5and9 128,564 views
- 6:59 Something Weirdby RealCatholicTV 13,899 views
- 2:20 Why is the Democrat Party Attacking the Catholic Church?by MnCatholic 4,573 views
- 27:43 Bishop Duncan Williams Enemy behind the sceenby joekrampah 99,898 views
- 7:57 Archbishop Dolan (unedited)by CatholicNewsService 13,237 views
- 3:12 Clinton on Ellen discussing gay marriageby Jeremy Hooper 686,653 views
- 9:50 Archbishop Nienstedt Interview - Part 1 of 3by TheCatholicSpirit 661 views
- Loading more suggestions...