Jim Grant on Safe-Haven Bubbles and a Bull Market in Black Walnut Trees!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 13, 2012
Follow us @
Welcome to a very special episode of Capital Account, live from New York. In 2008, a Barclays employee told the NY Federal Reserve that the bank, as well as other firms, were underreporting LIBOR. Timothy Geithner, the 2008 head of the NY Fed, is now under scrutiny and lawmakers are urging a probe of LIBOR regulators. But why is there so much outrage over LIBOR manipulation when central banks manipulate interest rates every day? We will hear from Jim Grant, editor and founder of Grant's Interest Rate Observer, in our sit-down interview.
Also, JP Morgan's London Whale trading loss reached $5.8 billion, and in a conference call JP Morgan said they will clawback two years of compensation. This clawback includes millions of dollars in bonuses for CIO traders and their former boss Ina Drew. Do these clawbacks reinstate accountability at too big to fail banks? We will hear about Jim Grant's clawback plan.
Peregrine Financial's CEO was arrested today. In the note he left before attempting suicide he said his forgeries of bank statements, which allowed him to steal millions from customers, went undetected for 20 years. Is fear of money being stolen by a PFG or MFG contributing to what Jim Grant calls the "bubble in perceived safe havens?"
In a special Friday the 13th Loose Change, Demetri Kofinas and Lauren go to a church and graveyard near Wall Street to talk atonement and invoke the "spirit of the law" when it comes to financial crimes.
- 15:28 James Rickards Interview: Gold to $5-7k and Libor Damages Could Destroy the Banking Systemby Greg Hunter Featured 18,142
- 28:04 Steve Keen on the Minsky Singularity and the Debt Black Hole's Event Horizon!by CapitalAccount38,905 views
- 27:52 Lauren Lyster takes Wall Street's Bull by the Horns - Infiltrates the Trading Floor!by CapitalAccount18,400 views
- 28:06 For Investors and Customers, PFG is MF Global all Over Again...by CapitalAccount25,769 views
- 28:04 Jim Rogers, War and the Financial Mafia - LIBOR, Centrals Banks and JP Morgan!by CapitalAccount47,399 views
- 2:54:27 Chris Hedges "Brace Yourself! The American Empire Is Over & The Descent Is Going To Be Horrifying!"by MOXNEWSd0tC0M688,274 views
- 39:57 Stefan Molyneux and Jeffrey Tucker at Freeeeedomfeeeeest!by Stefan Molyneux10,410 views
- 37:13 MUST LISTEN: On the Cusp of HISTORIC COMEX EVENTS -- Turd Ferguson & Silver Doc Roundtableby SGTreport.com19,689 views
- 1:50:06 Doug Casey ~ TMRN 2012 07 ~ 13 Time Monk Radio Interviews Present:by TimeMonkRadioNetwork5,958 views
- 17:27 JP Morgan J Dimon confronted by Protesters Lawmakers however gave a warmer Greetingby GeneratorJun2,283 views
- 38:34 GOLD, MINING, URANIUM & FUKUSHIMA: Amir Adnani - Chairman, Brazil Resourcesby SGTreport.com6,109 views
- 14:36 THEY Are Going To Confiscate YOUR Silver!!!by TruthNeverTold61,336 views
- 26:54 Max Keiser: European banks are technically bankruptby PressTVGlobalNews5,569 views
- 16:19 Paul Krugman schooled by Austrian School Economist Pedro Schwartzby manifestliberty75,542 views
- 1:29:27 The Case for $20,000 oz Gold - Debt Collapse - Mike Maloney - Silver & Goldby whygoldandsilver1,030,959 views
- 26:49 James Grant (September 2012)by WealthTrack3,749 views
- 7:10 Jim Grant: Trillion-Dollar Coin Not the Answer "The United States Is Truly Submerging."by selfownership18,228 views
- 49:43 The Biggest Bank Heist Ever! | HDby IsuruFoundation293,199 views
- 57:23 Global Affairs and the Global Economyby BakerInstitute8,042 views
- 31:09 CIA Bitcoin CONSPIRACY, SILVER TO BREAK THE ECONOMY - Andy Hoffman & Chris Duaneby FinanceAndLiberty13,775 views
- Loading more suggestions...