KaleidoPsychoTropos by Jeffrey Harrington - Performed Live by Rutgers' Helix New Music Ensemble
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 16, 2013
Helix New Music Ensemble
Paul Hoffmann, Founder/Director
Nicholas Music Center
Sunday, April 7, 2013
"Salute to Jeffrey Harrington!"
KaleidoPsychoTropos (1995) Jeffrey Harrington
Lauren Yeomans, flute/piccolo
Joseph d'Auguste, clarinet
Jungwon Yoon, viuolin
Haewon Yoon, cello
Eun-Shik Park, piano
KaleidoPsychoTropos for Flute, Clarinet, Violin, Cello, and Piano was written in 1995 for the Synchronia Ensemble, a new music ensemble based in St. Lous, MO. It was premiered in November 19, 1995. The piece was conceived of as a gumbo of musical influences, from hip-hop song bass lines to Middle-Eastern melodies and funk piano stylings from New Orleans.
Score and parts available at http://parnasse.com/pdf or at my IMSLP page - http://imslp.org/wiki/Category:Harrin...
Jeffrey Harrington was born and raised in the Deep South, spending most of his formative high school years in New Orleans, Louisiana, where he became personally familiar with many great blues artists with his work at the New Orleans Jazz Festival. While he has studied with many famous composers at Juilliard and Tulane, including Elliott Carter and Roger Sessions, he attributes his musical education to self-study.
Jeffrey Harrington's music is characterized by New Orleans-influenced rhythms, and intense counterpoint and climaxes. A noted microtonalist and electronic experimentalist, he was also one of the first musicians to adopt the Internet for music distribution and promoting, starting in 1987 with RelayNet emails and BBS downloading. He is likely the first composer to utilize the Internet to further his career, and probably invented the free music distribution model. By employing pre-web computer systems he distributed his music (both scores and all recordings) to musicians and listeners around the world free of charge garnering worldwide performances and attention. He continues to do so to this day at his site: http://jeffharrington.org. Harrington moved to Avignon, France in 2010 after his home on Sanibel Island was threatened by the oil spill. In November 2011, Harrington had 4 world premieres across the globe in 20 days, two in Germany by Duo Ahlert und Schwab and The Twiolins, one in London, by Camilla Hoitenga, and one in Southern California by The Hutchins Consort.
More music: http://jeffharrington.org
Standard YouTube License
- 54:10 Nuevos Éxitos las No 1 Bandas 2013 Mixby Onmusic1,122,505 views
- 9:11 Tango de Tonnerre for Viola and Piano by Jeffrey Harrington - Live by Helix New Music Ensembleby Jeff Harrington185 views
- 8:46 Tchoupitoulas Byrd Song for Clarinet and Piano by Jeffrey Harrington: by Helix New Music Ensembleby Jeff Harrington76 views
- 10:31 Latin Giants & Eddie Palmieri - Intro piano soloby El Golozo de Rorras4,401 views
- 14:12 P.Muller - Quintetto №2by Артем Бугаев108 views
- 9:23 Grand Tango for Violin and Video by Jeffrey Harrington, Karen Bentley Pollick, Violin, Seattle 2012by Jeff Harrington2,031 views
- 18:22 A Word on Swing Episode #6: Behind The Music at Lindy Focus XIby AWordOnSwing674 views
- 10:54 Tango for String Quartet by Jeffrey Harringtonby Jeff Harrington2,553 views
- 7:34 Tango del Aquelarre for Solo Cello by Jeffrey Harringtonby Jeff Harrington1,122 views
- 7:26 Acid Bach Suite for Two Quarter-tone Tuned Keyboards by Jeffrey Harringtonby Jeff Harrington441 views
- 11:03 PAUL DUKAS (1865-1935) "L'Apprenti sorcier"by DIPianoCompetition134,456 views
- 6:06 Tango Milonga for Clarinet, Cello and Piano by Jeffrey Harringtonby Jeff Harrington2,134 views
- 10:05 I. Allegro non troppo, August Klughardt Wind Quintet in C Major, Op.79by Zephyros Winds689 views
- 7:32 Peter Benoit - Flute Concerto "Symphonic Tale" Op. 43a (1865) (2/3)by Alvaro Paredes80 views
- 18:10 Paul Taffanel - Quintet g-mollby Conoro Quintet896 views
- 7:38 Rutgers School of Engineering Industry-Alumni Scholarsby RutgersSchool ofEngineering102 views
- 9:52 J. B. Boismortier duet for violin and fluteby Pooyan Farzin443 views
- 3:34 Moments - For Flute, Bass Trombone, Cello, and Percussion, by Chin-Ting Chan - Mvt. IIby JJ Cooper95 views
- 11:04 Craig Woodward: Resonant Fabric of a Saturated Surface (2011)by ResonantComposer46 views
- 7:12 With Sails Unfurled... for Sax Quartet by Jeffrey Harringtonby Jeff Harrington137 views
- Loading more suggestions...