Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 21, 2012
Game Play Tutorial for the RPS Game (WIP). Covers basic controls and principles of the game.
Made with the Bamboo engine from SilkCircuit.
RPS (Rock, Paper, Scissors) RTS (Real Time Strategy) Demo version is out:
The game is simple. It is an RTS.
Why has it been made? Many if not most RTS's are about economy and large numbers of unit types. The genre hasn't actually developed the gameplay drastically from the very first RTS's produced, some lesson have been learned, but the games are really very similar to how they have always been. RPS brings new gameplay to the RTS genre. Through three means:
• New combat mechanics: RPS has two unique modes (as well as the old favourite) of resolving weapon fire. These change how combat happens, and make application of the correct units vital to success. From this comes the requirement to run Intel on your enemies.
• Fixed Resource Economy: Each player has a fixed amount of energy, This means that there is a definite end to the game. You can attrition your enemy and try to outlast them, or try to outspend your opponent and destroy them. There is a limit to how fast ships can be built, through the generation of construction blocks, but energy is the fast limit on economy.
• Game Modes: Game modes add victory conditions and new game pieces. The game is overseen by a controller which literally runs the game. Games are no longer line them up, gun them down. This means that new tactics must be played making skirmish games fresh with novel tactics without adding huge amounts of new game units to learn.
I've produced RPS from the ground. I will be running a kickstarter in the near future, but right now I want feedback and input from the game developing community. Regarding the concepts, where RPS is going, the game modes, the combat mechanics. How it plays. RPS will give fresh gameplay to the genre so it must be right. It works over the internet or a LAN and supports single player games. Get it. Play it. Tell me about your games.
Game Setup Tutorial:
Game Play Tutorial:
Standard YouTube License
- 9:39 RPSUseMenuTutorialby Will Thorley 4 views
- 9:44 RPS Combat Mode Tutorialby Will Thorley 1 view
- 8:02 Story of a Game Engine - Indie Developer Notebookby Alistair Aitcheson 20,378 views
- 40:48 Indie for Breakfast - Anomaly 2 Multiplayer w/Squisheiby akamikeb 2,415 views
- 2:06 Top 5 Real-Time Strategy Games for a PCby About 121,183 views
- 6:32 The Last of Us - All New Gameplay - Preview: A little town called Lincolnby MrVg247 27,674 views
- 0:59 RPS System in End of Nationsby EndOfNations 4,506 views
- 11:29 All or Nothing - Black Ops 2 Gameplay Commentaryby Drift0r 54,329 views
- 37:07 Metro: Last Light GTX 690 - Frightened - Gameplay Walkthrough - Part 3by FRANKIEonPCin1080p 109,140 views
- 37:55 Kraven Manor | BEST HORROR GAME EVERby markiplierGAME 152,617 views
- 19:10 Dead Island Riptide Gameplay Walkthrough Part 7 - $700 Pain Killersby Smoove7182954 62,201 views
- 3:01 The Same or Different Game 2by KidsTV123 122,540 views
- 12:10 BATTLE BLOCK BASKETBALL (Smosh Games VS)by SmoshGames 317,028 views
- 2:02 NHL 14 One Touch Dekes Gameplay Trailerby EASPORTS 128,259 views
- 15:42 Don't Starve | Part 7 | ABSOLUTE PERFECTIONby markiplierGAME 57,524 views
- 3:43 Killed for Being Racist (TTT w/ MinnesotaBurns)by LeftyOX 4,648 views
- 2:27 HIT BY A CAR (TTT w/ MinnesotaBurns)by LeftyOX 11,373 views
- 17:38 WHERE ARE YOU HIDING? - Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut Gameplay Walkthrough Part 6by theRadBrad 52,017 views
- 11:56 Clash at Demonhead: Route of All Evil - PART 3 - Game Grumpsby GameGrumps 89,697 views
- 11:44 Dog's Life - Game Grumpsby GameGrumps 286,987 views
- Loading more suggestions...