The Arctic Light
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 31, 2011
Follow Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TSOPhotography
Press/licensing/projects contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can not watch, or want higher quality watch:
This was filmed between 29th April and 10th May 2011 in the Arctic, on
the archipelago Lofoten in Norway.
My favorite natural phenomenon is one I do not even know the name of, even after talking to meteorologists and astrophysicists I am none the wiser.What I am talking about I have decided to call The Arctic Light and it is a natural phenomenon occurring 2-4 weeks before you can see the Midnight Sun.
The Sunset and Sunrise are connected in one magnificent show of color and light lasting from 8 to 12 hours. The sun is barely going below the horizon before coming up again. This is the most colorful light that I know, and the main reason I have been going up there for the last 4 years, at the exact
same time of year, to photograph. Based on previous experience, I knew this was going to be a very
difficult trip. Having lost a couple of cameras and some other equipment up there before, it was crucial to bring an extra set of everything. I also
made sure I had plenty of time in case something went wrong.
If you can imagine roping down mountain cliffs, or jumping around on slippery rocks covered in seaweed with 2 tripods, a rail, a controller,
camera, lenses, filters and rigging for 4-5 hour long sequences at a time, and then
having to calculate the rise and fall of the tides in order to capture the essence - it all prved bit of a challenge.
And almost as if planned, the trip would turn out to become very
difficult indeed. I had numerous setbacks including: airline lost my
luggage, struggling to swim ashore after falling into the Arctic sea: twice, breaking lenses, filters, tripod, computer, losing the whole dolly rig and controller into the sea, and even falling off a rather tall rock and ending
up in the hospital. As much as I wanted to give up, the best way Out is
always "Through". I am glad I stuck it through though because there were some amazing sunrises waiting. At 1:06 you see a single scene from day to night to day.
I asked the very talented Marika Takeuchi to specifically compose and
perform a song for this movie, and what she came up with is absolutely remarkable. Thank you very much Marika!
Available in Digital Cinema 4k
Like my Facebook Page for updates facebook.com/TSOPhotography
Follow me on twitter.com/TSOPhotography
Press/licensing/projects contact: email@example.com
Music: "The Arctic Light" by Marika Takeuchi
Thank you to my sponsors:
and to my friend Geir Nøtnes for all the help.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:09 The Mountainby TESOPHOTOGRAPHY Featured 2,024,518
- 2:38 The Waterby TESOPHOTOGRAPHY185,928 views
- 1:56 The Auroraby TESOPHOTOGRAPHY1,157,022 views
- 1:11:12 Arctic Death Spiral and the Methane Time Bombby TheSyndicateInfo3,943 views
- 13:29 ► Planet Earth: Amazing nature scenery (1080p HD)by Robert Revol10,100,234 views
- 3 videos Play all TSO Photographyby tomas199409
- 36:39 Picking the 2012 Best Driver's Car!by MotorTrend1,998,223 views
- 10:43 Transformers: The Ride 3D ride & queue experience at Universal Studios Hollywood [1080P HD]by Inside the Magic1,039,695 views
- 24:16 Nauka Jazdy - Sezon 2 - Odcinek 11by Tom777TG17,492 views
- 11:29 Ντορέττα Παπαδημητρίου_Dancing With The Stars 3_Live 8by nikoskot37,715 views
- 2:30 All Alone in the Night - Time-lapse footage of the Earth as seen from the ISSby David Peterson6,387,307 views
- 40:32 Арктика. Мы вернулисьby tvZvezda36,115 views
- 45:10 Ultimate Survival Alaska: Arctic Hell (FULL EPISODE)by National Geographic32,596 views
- 5:59 Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Biancheby miracleshaven3,449,340 views
- 3:57 Earthlike Planet, Gliese 581 (Gliza) a habitable zone?by LebaneseNostalgia843,808 views
- 5:19 The Longest Way 1.0 - walk through China and grow a beard! - a photo every day timelapseby Christoph Rehage3,758,669 views
- 9:15 Kabaret Młodych Panów - Budowlańcyby kmptv796,083 views
- 4:26 Spectacular Norway Northern Lightsby National Geographic544,528 views
- 3:19 Earth 100 Million Years From Nowby SpaceRip6,600,256 views
- 4:29 Amazing Northern Lights in Norway at adventurous Holiday?by Oddbjørn Dahl157,775 views