RED Saves Green Using Online Document Management Service
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 6, 2011
PointBridge worked with RED to leverage Microsoft SharePoint Online to meet their contract management needs in a cost-effective way.
The Business Productivity Online Suite includes Microsoft Exchange Online, Office Live Meeting, Microsoft Office Communications Online, and Microsoft SharePoint Online. The Business Productivity Online Suite is enterprise software, hosted by Microsoft Online Services and sold through partners on a subscription basis. This offering makes it possible for a company such as RED to gain access to a wide range of enterprise-class capabilities—including desktop and mobile e-mail, calendaring and contacts, instant messaging, presence, audio/video conferencing, shared workspaces and Web-conferencing applications—without having to build or maintain an in-house application and server infrastructure. Microsoft hosts and maintains the servers with its own staff of application experts. It also stays on top of security patches and application updates so that RED always has access to the latest, most up-to-date versions of the applications to which it subscribes. Availability and uptime are backed by service level agreements (SLA) from Microsoft Online Services.
"When PointBridge came back with the SharePoint online solution, it was significantly more attractive than the in-house solution because it had a lower cost of ownership, yet the same benefits and features," says Walters.
The fact that RED could gain access to sophisticated document management applications that PointBridge had promoted—with essentially no upfront infrastructure costs and a monthly, pay-as-you-go, per-user subscription arrangement—made this solution feasible for RED. PointBridge promptly began development of the document management solution, and PointBridge facilitated the process of setting up RED's accounts with Microsoft Online Services.
Standard YouTube License
- 36:28 FileBound Webinar - What is new in Version 6.5by FileBoundAustralia126 views
- 14:34 Demo - Microsoft Cloud Services - Introducing the Value of the Business Productivity Online Suiteby CrederaVideos599 views
- 1:12:39 TrainSignal Webinar: Sharepoint 101: Introduction to SharePoint Basicsby TrainSignal64,368 views
- 5:58 RULE Mail Tutorial: Rule on-the-goby Patrick Carmitchel6,393 views
- 7:07 RED Compact24.movby Abgastechnikmarkt1,395 views
- 29:10 Photo Mechanic & Lightroom Workflow Combinedby DanCarrPhotography6,757 views
- 1:48 Cloud Computing and Microsoft Offerings Introductionby microsoftlearning3,166 views
- 7:49 Demo - Office 365 and SharePoint Online - Driving Innovation and Efficiency Through the Cloudby CrederaVideos2,897 views
- 1:08:30 Webinar-Creating Workflows with SharePoint Designer 2010by Asif Rehmani27,430 views
- 4:52 Document Management in Scribesby Lateef Alabi-Oki8,329 views
- 13:45 Create a Small Business SharePoint intranetby kalmstromcom24,315 views
- 13:46 Nintex Workflow 2010 Demoby TTRcorp17,234 views
- 2:55 Microsoft Online Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS) - En Pointe Technologiesby En Pointe Technologies60 views
- 7:55 Kerzenwechsel RED Compact24.movby Abgastechnikmarkt646 views
- 18:23 How to create a 3 step workflow in SharePoint Designerby Kristen Podwika39,427 views
- 6:40 FOSS Document Management Course Previewby ThinkCodeLabs677 views
- 20:52 Simple Document Management Software - KeyDoc - Tutorialby KeySoft Ro3,132 views
- 8:42 PointBridge Speaks on SharePoint and Business Intelligence for Healthcare at HIMSS 2011by PointBridgeVideo75 views
- 3:55 Cloud Computing: Microsoft Cloud Service Offeringsby microsoftlearning12,604 views
- 28:55 Lesson 01: SharePoint 2013 Basicsby DeShon Clark40,328 views
- Loading more suggestions...