A New Story of the People: Charles Eisenstein at TEDxWhitechapel
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 13, 2013
"Our hearts know that a more beautiful world is possible; but our minds do not know how it's possible". In this intelligent and inspiring talk, writer and visionary Charles Eisenstein explores how we can make the transition from the old story of separation, competition and self-interest to a new Story of the People.
Charles Eisenstein is a teacher, speaker, and writer focusing on themes of civilization, consciousness, money, and human cultural evolution.
His books (The Ascent of Humanity and Sacred Economics) as well as his other essays and blog posts on web magazines have generated a vast online following; he speaks frequently at conferences and other events, and gives numerous interviews on radio and podcasts. Writing in Ode magazine's "25 Intelligent Optimists" issue, David Korten (author of When Corporations Rule the World) called Eisenstein "one of the up-and-coming great minds of our time."
Eisenstein graduated from Yale University in 1989 with a degree in Mathematics and Philosophy, and spent the next ten years as a Chinese-English translator. He currently lives in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania with his wife and three sons.
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)
Standard YouTube License
- 15:10 TEDxDoiSuthep - Jon Jandai - Life is easy. Why do we make it so hard?by TEDxTalks210,668 views
- 21:45 Cosmic Creativity: How Art Evolves Consciousness: Alex Grey at TEDxMaui 2013by TEDxTalks80,203 views
- 10:34 How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes: Adam Leipzig at TEDxMalibuby TEDxTalks650,726 views
- 13:21 The Skill of Self Confidence: Dr. Ivan Joseph at TEDxRyersonUby TEDxTalks723,183 views
- 12:11 How to graduate college with a job you love & less debt: Jullien Gordon at TEDxMidwestby TEDxTalks32,948 views
- 12:01 Surprising Lessons From 100 Days of Rejection: Jia Jiang at TEDxAustinby TEDxTalks101,875 views
- 11:14 Hackschooling Makes Me Happy: Logan LaPlante at TEDxUniversityofNevadaby TEDxTalks822,316 views
- 16:40 TEDxNewHaven - Charles Eisenstein - The Gift of Happinessby TEDxTalks7,305 views
- 12:48 The power of seduction in our everyday lives: Chen Lizra at TEDxVancouverby TEDxTalks867,709 views
- 9:51 Why we procrastinate by Vik Nithy @ TEDxYouth@TheScotsCollegeby TEDxTalks551,229 views
- 22:57 Teaching the blind to navigate the world using tongue clicks: Daniel Kish at TEDxGateway 2012by TEDxTalks13,034 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,321,564 views
- 13:45 Education With Hands, Hearts and Heads: Satish Kumar at TEDxWhitechapelby TEDxTalks7,545 views
- 17:57 How to find and do work you love: Scott Dinsmore at TEDxGoldenGatePark (2D)by TEDxTalks1,017,440 views
- 11:41 Dare to be great: Polly Higgins at TEDxWhitechapelby TEDxTalks5,535 views
- 17:13 We need the Dreamers, Poets, and Doers: Tim 'Mac' Macartney at TEDxWhitechapelby TEDxTalks12,852 views
- 11:45 Atlas' Burden: Ben MacFadyen at TEDxWhitechapelby TEDxTalks4,982 views
- 14:25 Science and Spirituality: Jeff Lieberman at TEDxCambridge 2011by TEDxTalks110,366 views
- 13:13 The Power of Laughtivism: Srdja Popovic at TEDxBGby TEDxTalks6,735 views